PFT Comment Section On Aldon Smith = Priceless

Gap Filler

Reaction score
I read PFT to get the rumors but man 'o man the comment section here is better than anything I've read around here by a mile. I mean the 49ers are getting killed by the nation here...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -impaired/

49ers went from media darlings to the NFL fans red headed step child in less than a week and I love it.

dunceface

Reaction score
"I wonder if Costanza could get fired from this organization" BAHAHAHAAAAA

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Well luckily that wasn’t a bus stop for kids. Maybe harbaugh should consider that before letting that drunk retard play on Sunday.

Harbaugh's such a hypocrite.

ivotuk

Reaction score
"a neighbor who witnessed the accident said Smith’s foot was still on the accelerator of his SUV, which was against a tree, when police arrived. That caused the tires to smoke, and that suggests that Smith (who also had marijuana and pills in his possession) was seriously impaired."

And harbaugh let him practice? The guy would have still been under the influence and without any sleep! How asinine!

I love how San Francisco made the incident at the party and the stabbing all disappear too.

Wonder how Harbinger will react when one of his players kills an innocent bystander?

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Here's a great view of Harbaugh's lack of action from a local SF news site:

"Back in June, while he was verbally poking the Seahawks' cage, Jim Harbaugh said, "We want to be above reproach."

Well, now's his chance to walk his talk. And, so far, he's failing.

The 49ers' star pass-rusher Aldon Smith was arrested on charges of driving under the influence and marijuana possession at 7 a.m. Friday. He reportedly hit a tree with his truck, sat in it while the wheels spun, blew a 0.15 on the Breathalyzer - almost twice the legal limit - was in possession of marijuana, and was hauled off to jail for a few hours before posting bail of $5,250.

Just in case you skimmed over the details, let me reiterate: He hit a tree, which could have just as easily been a human being. "

"Harbaugh said that he expected Smith to "be back to work and playing on Sunday." Didn't even waver or hedge when he said it."

"This is Smith's second DUI arrest in 19 months. Smith, who will turn 24 Wednesday, was stabbed at a party at his house last year. He faces lawsuits from that event and possible prosecution on gun charges. He was involved in a single-car accident last year.

Harbaugh said that while he expected there to be consequences, any decision to suspend Smith was "the exclusivity of the league." He brushed off further questions with his standard, "I feel that ground's been plowed.""

"He said nothing about Smith's troubling history. Harbaugh didn't express concern. He didn't say that the team expects more from its players. He didn't say the words you would hope to hear from the team's leader. "

"And Harbaugh's quick duck behind the shield of the league and the collective bargaining agreement and due process is a joke. This is not a situation governed by the Constitution. Teams suspend players all the time. Last year, the 49ers suspended Brandon Jacobs for three games because they didn't like what he was tweeting.

Last season, DeMarcus Dobbs was arrested for driving under the influence and marijuana possession and was left behind when the team went to St. Louis. The difference? Not much except that Dobbs was a backup defensive tackle, not a star.

And the 49ers don't even have to formally suspend Smith. They could just decide to not have Smith suit up on principle. Because it might be the right thing to do.

If Smith had hit a kid on her way to school instead of a tree, would he still get to play on Sunday?"

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-Harbaugh-sends-wrong-message-on-Smith-s-DUI-4831978.php

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
It sounds like he had been up all night.

That is dangerous enough sober. The one time I almost killed someone I had been up for over 24 hours (work related, not my choice). I was driving to get some lunch and go pass out.

My eyes fixated on the stop light after mine, and as there were no cars stopped at my intersection I missed that light and blew right past it. If it weren't for some cat like reflexes... I had a car coming from both directions, I swerved hard right to avoid the guy come from the right and hard left again as just then a car came from the right side.

If I was also drunk, even a little, that would have been a crash.

So he's twice the legal limit plus he's been up for perhaps 24 hours? Doesn't surprise me. Imagine what his BAC was at 2AM.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
ivotuk":2dw1l81n said:
"a neighbor who witnessed the accident said Smith’s foot was still on the accelerator of his SUV, which was against a tree, when police arrived. That caused the tires to smoke, and that suggests that Smith (who also had marijuana and pills in his possession) was seriously impaired."

And harbaugh let him practice? The guy would have still been under the influence and without any sleep! How asinine!

I love how San Francisco made the incident at the party and the stabbing all disappear too.

Wonder how Harbinger will react when one of his players kills an innocent bystander?

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Here's a great view of Harbaugh's lack of action from a local SF news site:

"Back in June, while he was verbally poking the Seahawks' cage, Jim Harbaugh said, "We want to be above reproach."

Well, now's his chance to walk his talk. And, so far, he's failing.

The 49ers' star pass-rusher Aldon Smith was arrested on charges of driving under the influence and marijuana possession at 7 a.m. Friday. He reportedly hit a tree with his truck, sat in it while the wheels spun, blew a 0.15 on the Breathalyzer - almost twice the legal limit - was in possession of marijuana, and was hauled off to jail for a few hours before posting bail of $5,250.

Just in case you skimmed over the details, let me reiterate: He hit a tree, which could have just as easily been a human being. "

"Harbaugh said that he expected Smith to "be back to work and playing on Sunday." Didn't even waver or hedge when he said it."

"This is Smith's second DUI arrest in 19 months. Smith, who will turn 24 Wednesday, was stabbed at a party at his house last year. He faces lawsuits from that event and possible prosecution on gun charges. He was involved in a single-car accident last year.

Harbaugh said that while he expected there to be consequences, any decision to suspend Smith was "the exclusivity of the league." He brushed off further questions with his standard, "I feel that ground's been plowed.""

"He said nothing about Smith's troubling history. Harbaugh didn't express concern. He didn't say that the team expects more from its players. He didn't say the words you would hope to hear from the team's leader. "

"And Harbaugh's quick duck behind the shield of the league and the collective bargaining agreement and due process is a joke. This is not a situation governed by the Constitution. Teams suspend players all the time. Last year, the 49ers suspended Brandon Jacobs for three games because they didn't like what he was tweeting.

Last season, DeMarcus Dobbs was arrested for driving under the influence and marijuana possession and was left behind when the team went to St. Louis. The difference? Not much except that Dobbs was a backup defensive tackle, not a star.

And the 49ers don't even have to formally suspend Smith. They could just decide to not have Smith suit up on principle. Because it might be the right thing to do.

If Smith had hit a kid on her way to school instead of a tree, would he still get to play on Sunday?"

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-Harbaugh-sends-wrong-message-on-Smith-s-DUI-4831978.php
Harbaugh
:192214:

Well said.

Latest posts