Peyton seems grumpy...

Erebus

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2ms21280 said:
Hardwork, teamwork, honor, integrity, and sportsmanship. Those are the qualities I like to see players represent.

Which one of those qualities do the Manning-haters feel he has failed to show?

Teamwork. That is the point of this thread.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Erebus":1sq7z957 said:
bjornanderson21":1sq7z957 said:
Hardwork, teamwork, honor, integrity, and sportsmanship. Those are the qualities I like to see players represent.

Which one of those qualities do the Manning-haters feel he has failed to show?

Teamwork. That is the point of this thread.

I agree with the teamwork. On teams he plays with...he is the team...

When he was in Indy, his plays his methods and they worked. I have no problem with that. He got "traded" and MADE that team his. He did not fit into that team...He made that team fit him. Could be on the Coaches too. But that concept is not teamwork for the team...it is teamwork for the statisticians. I hope the statisticians are satisfied with their numbers.

On another note, I have no malice for him as a human being.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ringless":15yb9kzh said:
So where does Peyton end up next season?

I am sure someone will be willing to take a chance on him. Maybe a team with a strong defense that is severely lacking at the QB position.

But I think he's played his last game in Denver for sure and I think it should have happened earlier.
I think he retires.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Rob12":tte8uqc5 said:
Peyton doesn't get a pass. He's being a terrible teammate.

He's a dork. He's on a commercial every 5.7 minutes. I know everyone is going to say " hey man, it's his right to take advantage of his marketability and make all the money he can!"

Whatever. We OWNED him and his gigantic forehead.

Rob12

Reaction score
I'm not talking about his accomplishments. He's been a great regular season quarterback. In the playoffs, not so much. He's lost 13 of 24 playoff games. But whatever, it's not about that.

But there's this 24-year-old quarterback in Denver that needs his help, and Peyton has washed his hands of the situation. Blake Osweiler is being thrown into the fire in Denver, and by all accounts Peyton isn't offering any help. That's the part that kills me. You've had a glorious NFL career. You own the record books. You've won a Super Bowl. You have an unlimited endorsement stream. America loves you. But yet, you can't help a young QB when your team needs him? When your team is blowing out the opposition, you wave him off the field when the coach is trying to get some reps?

There's no passing the torch with Peyton. It has to be removed forcibly from his old, tired right hand. And that's what I have a problem with. He's being a terrible teammate IF the media reports are true. If I were Blake Osweiler, I'd want to look up to Peyton Manning. But I'm doubting that he does because he can't get past himself and that's a shame.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It'd be nice to see Denver's D stuff Brady and rough him up.

I doubt anything the Boston media reports is accurate when it comes to any Pats opponent.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Rob12":385mqf6f said:
I'm not talking about his accomplishments. He's been a great regular season quarterback. In the playoffs, not so much. He's lost 13 of 24 playoff games. But whatever, it's not about that.

But there's this 24-year-old quarterback in Denver that needs his help, and Peyton has washed his hands of the situation. Blake Osweiler is being thrown into the fire in Denver, and by all accounts Peyton isn't offering any help. That's the part that kills me. You've had a glorious NFL career. You own the record books. You've won a Super Bowl. You have an unlimited endorsement stream. America loves you. But yet, you can't help a young QB when your team needs him? When your team is blowing out the opposition, you wave him off the field when the coach is trying to get some reps?

There's no passing the torch with Peyton. It has to be removed forcibly from his old, tired right hand. And that's what I have a problem with. He's being a terrible teammate IF the media reports are true. If I were Blake Osweiler, I'd want to look up to Peyton Manning. But I'm doubting that he does because he can't get past himself and that's a shame.

It seems petty and selfish. Manning is clown. I won't remember all the regular season * victories and passing records , I'll remember watching that big 36 LB head rocking back and forth waving his arms like an infant who has had the binky ripped out of his toothless gums by Belichek after throwing another playoff interception.

Msfann

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":1342rbje said:
JSeahawks":1342rbje said:
I don't get the hate that Peyton gets (not talking about this thread, just in general). He's been a great player for a long time and seems to do it the right way both on and off the field. I don't understand why so many ripple dislike him.
My hate came from him snubbing his nose at Seattle and not even coming for a visit. So we draft Russ and beat the guy that wouldn't even consider playing here.

This! plus those damn commercials.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Msfann":2jeqrghn said:
ZorntoLargent":2jeqrghn said:
JSeahawks":2jeqrghn said:
I don't get the hate that Peyton gets (not talking about this thread, just in general). He's been a great player for a long time and seems to do it the right way both on and off the field. I don't understand why so many ripple dislike him.
My hate came from him snubbing his nose at Seattle and not even coming for a visit. So we draft Russ and beat the guy that wouldn't even consider playing here.

This! plus those damn commercials.

I hate the fact that they keep bending the rules because he can't win inside them. I'm surprised they didn’t change the OT rules again when he bitched about there being a premium on the coin flip against us.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I don't hate Peyton, but I do love the fact that the Seahawks are the team that shut the window and boarded the doors on any Super Bowl hopes he had.