Pey Pey not the same in the Cold

RCATES

Reaction score
I'm sure this subject has been beaten to death but here it goes. Manning is 0-4 in the playoffs when the temp drops below 40 degree's. Bronco's fans claim he is over these struggle's but I disagree. Outside the friendly thin air confines of Sports Authority Field where the Bronco's have an advantage over opponents due to being use to the altitude Bronco's lost 2 of their 3 games this year when the temp dropped below 40. The last time Manning played a playoff game in East Rutherford he lost 41-0. This was back in 03. After 4 neck surgeries Pey Pey's arm strength has noticeably declined from what it was back then. With game time temps expected to be in the low 30's to high 20's with around a 10-15mph wind I like our Defenses chance's of keeping the Bronco's offense in check.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1 ... 01376.html

ensett

Reaction score
This year Peyton has a 104 rating in games under 21 degrees and a 102 rating in high wind games. Too much is being made in the weather. How much breath you can see on gameday will have 0 impact on the results of the game

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ensett":3o9dj7vo said:
This year Peyton has a 104 rating in games under 21 degrees and a 102 rating in high wind games. Too much is being made in the weather. How much breath you can see on gameday will have 0 impact on the results of the game
You've never played a sport that requires good manual dexterity with your hands in extreme cold temperatures before, have you?

OP
OP
R

RCATES

Reaction score
ensett":3pyk9uez said:

Which game was that? The one game against the Titans. lol One or two games in the regular season doesn't stand up to his historically bad numbers of his career in these environments. I remember people saying Bree's road playoff woe's were corrected as well after the Philly game. He currently sits 1-5 in the playoffs on the road. Make no mistake the cold weather and wind will effect his aging noodle arm. History doesn't lie.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
At this point, I think a strong wind would be worse for Manning than cold. He makes a lot of throws these days that aren't tight spirals, which can be a lot bigger problem in wind.

OP
OP
R

RCATES

Reaction score
Jeremy517":3rj4jlo8 said:
At this point, I think a strong wind would be worse for Manning than cold. He makes a lot of throws these days that aren't tight spirals, which can be a lot bigger problem in wind.

I agree. At this point in his career he's not able to scramble much or throw the ball 30+ yards down the field. The bronco's offense mostly consist of 2-3 step drop backs with Manning getting rid of the ball under 3 seconds with passes that typically are of the 15yard or less variety. Throwing these close to the vest middle of the field short route's play right into the teeth of the Seattle D. Manning is not going to beat you deep and he's not going to beat you with his legs. This will allow Seattle's db's to play tight and physical and allow our tall/fast line backers to drop back and eliminate any short crossing route's. Add in the speed of our pass rusher's Avril/Bennett and Clemons this could turn into a ugly game for Manning if the weather is indeed what its forecast to be.

BamKam

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":280prcn8 said:
It's Peyton Manning, he is plenty good wherever he plays.

This. We need to stop fishing for silly stats. We will have to play our best to win, end of story.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Ok, so let's just act like Peyton is gonna' suck because it might be cold, in a football game. And he plays in Denver. Whatever helps you get thru it I guess.

hawk45

Reaction score
Nickel":1gfxqffp said:
LOL oh brother...

Was there a contribution in there somewhere?

I don't think it's a slam dunk or even probable that Peyton is ineffective in the cold, but the chances aren't infinitesimal. We heard the same sort of scoffing at the Brees away from his dome talk before they came to Seattle during the regular season, and in that case the trend had some bite to it.

It's not like that's a new idea Seahawk fans just made up for this game.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":108srfbm said:
Ok, so let's just act like Peyton is gonna' suck because it might be cold, in a football game. And he plays in Denver. Whatever helps you get thru it I guess.
Peyton has barely even played in any cold games in Denver. One, to be precise. http://nflweather.com/team/Broncos

Look through their archive for the 2012 season, too. http://nflweather.com/archive

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's still Peyton Manning, and has the #1 offense, and had one of the best seasons the league has ever seen. This game is going to be a huge challenge. Until I see differently, I'm not assuming anything about what he'll do. Hope to be wrong, and he plays like crap.

Hawks 23-20

Latest posts