Pete's Wednesday Press Conference w/Recap

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html[/urltargetblank]

Scheduled for 12:25, but the stream is live now. The background for the stream now has NFC Championship on it. It usually has Seahawks and our logo on it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
They were right with the helmets before....point them to us and Pack left...us right. dammit.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Right now there is some "suit" standing in front of the camera with an NFL microphone. I don't recognize him, but I'm guessing he'll be saying something before Pete comes out. We'll see

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I think the NFL network is showing all these press conferences for each team.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1g8lau7i said:
They were right with the helmets before....point them to us and Pack left...us right. dammit.

Trophy looks nice on that table and it shouldn't have to travel too far after the game is over since we're at home :D

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1asb9s9x said:
I think the NFL network is showing all these press conferences for each team.

Wouldn't surprise me. I'm at work though so have to watch online. It's definitely a big enough game for it

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
The live feed went to a message saying the press conference was coming up, so I went to the NFL.com page and logged in to watch it live and they have the "suit" guy talking now. Guess they didn't want to show that part on the seahawks web feed (or more likely the NFL cut it until their guy was done)

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
As always, opens up saying they are excited and it's a tough match up.

Says our focus is on what we can control. Our practice, our plan, our focus, our rest. We need to be at our best and we focus on us.

How is Green Bay different...they had a statistical turn around. Their rushing stats have flip flopped. Their defensive and offensive numbers have flipped. They are now rushing more offensively and stopping the run better.

on Clay moving...joked that it helped them run the ball better. Said Capers uses different substitution packages that keep opponents guessing. We have to wait and see how they do it on game day.

Rodgers injured calf....joked he only threw for 316 yards...said great players figure out how to adapt to get it done. Said he did fine. He didn't have to scramble but he threw beautifully and did move around to throw that td pass.

said there are lots of examples of how our playing together so long has really helped with things like communication. Gave the communication between Wilson/Okung and the way the Linebackers communicate with each other and also the DB's

Said few players have the impact that Kam can have in a game. Said we need to play physically engaged to play at our level and they look for those moments of leadership that he provides.

Max Unger is fine and will practice.

Maxwell feels great. Made a good turn and seems to be in great shape to go

Speaking on Sherman...said they expect the ball to go both ways. Said he doesn't expect it to go the way it did in the first game.

Said that Rodgers is a very creative player. We have to play him as if he'll get out...we can't play him differently until he shows something different in the game. Said Wilson came to us as a qb who can make things happen outside of the pocket.

On Kam coming back healthy....said he's definitely added to how well our defense has played. Said he was really his worst during the Chargers game.

Said They expect everyone to contribute with Richardson out.

Spoke highly on Willson coming along.

on Kevin Williams...had spoke to him about playing half what he had last year. brought him in to do 3 tech and 5 tech, but we were forced to move him to Nose...he struggled a bit figuring it out in KC but he figured it out and has played well.

Said it was an adjustment for our defense to get used to the noise at CLINK but they have adjusted very well to it.

Said Daniels will be a special teams guy IF he's in there. Could play qb, rb or z spot for receiver if necessary. He is one of the returners and has worked on it all year long.

Second half defense....said it's good team play. Our kicking game has also helped. Finishing is something we take great pride in and our guys get sharper.

on Russell getting rid of the ball quicker recently...said it's something we want as a part of our game. It's just come to light in the second half of this season. Says it adds to the variety of ways we throw the football. Says he's finding his way and they will grow with this for years.

Kearse...says he's calm and poised. He has great catching range and a knack to make the play. Russell does count on him to make some catches when maybe he's not open.

On Lacey....he's a fantastic football player. We loved him coming out. he was a brute in college. A big guy who bounces off of guys. Adds a real style to them. He can catch the football and do all of that.

on our backup d-linemen like schofield and dobbs....said it was a surprise dobbs fit in so quickly. Said Schofield has been around awhile and they both do things on special teams.

That's it for today. next pete press conference is Friday

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
It's really too bad that the Packers managed to draft Lacy a pick or two before the Seahawks. It seems clear that the Hawks had him rated higher than C. Michaels, who they ended up drafting after Lacy was taken.