Pete Carroll confirms critical miscommunication

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":3fki548l said:
Does anybody remember what part of the game that play happened? I have replay and would love to take a look again to see if the ref signalled a first down.
Wasn't it towards the end of the first half? That's why I was wondering about the (lack of) measurement.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":365tjszu said:
Does anybody remember what part of the game that play happened? I have replay and would love to take a look again to see if the ref signalled a first down.

It was .. I want to say around the 1:30 mark of the first half. The offensive possession before Palmer was picked before half that we got 0 points out of.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Yes, 2nd play after the 2 minute warning. The ref only puts his hand up to mark where he was down. No first down signal was made. The Hawks go no-huddle.

They done goofed, they should have known since the chains weren't reset.
9KCBnCh
JdYo6zm

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":2e487zim said:

I thought it was on the drive late in the first half. Right after that we punted and got the pick down to the three. That explains why RW didn't run for a first down. Thanks for posting. After the refs screwed up the first down situation late in the Giants / Redskins game, I can totally buy a wrong signal in this case too

mikeak

Reaction score
In the end the miscommunication led to us getting the ball on Arizona's five yard line with four downs we managed to run 2-3 yards, throw one incompletion and miss a FG.

So while it could have been critical it meant nothing......

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Exactly. Not sure why we are wasting our time on this. This game is not on the refs. This one is on the coaching staff, the offense and special team. They should go fix it. And I trust them to get it right going forward, because there is no more margin for error.
mikeak":355jnkhk said:
In the end the miscommunication led to us getting the ball on Arizona's five yard line with four downs we managed to run 2-3 yards, throw one incompletion and miss a FG.

ceej22

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2t4peqc4 said:
What other excuses do they have planned?
This is all nonsense. Sunday's game was an aberration. Why wasn't Bevell up @ 4:30 am watching his "offense"?
Where was the Special Team's coach? Why wasn't he watching his "Special Team" play yesterday?
This team is going nowhere, unless these guys rededicate themselves to winning the remaining games. There is NO more margin for error. None.

U mad bro, lol.

ceej22

Reaction score
mikeak":2ssczmy2 said:

We can't say that for fact. Maybe they finish that drive and get 7 if Wilson runs for the 1st....wait I take that back Wilson and the offense have been pretty bad lately.