Percy harvin= expanded running game

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
I was reading the thread about us being a running team and it got me thinking about the blandness of our running game. About 80% of the time we run the ball on the inside of the line, I rarely see a sweep, pitch or outside handoff. This isn't really a problem because our run game does great regardless, and the inside run game suits lynch's running style more.
i think we don't go for outside runs because they have a bigger negative yardage potential than the inside runs and PC doesn't want to take that risk.
I think our outside runs are so ineffective because our receivers don't really threaten the opposing DB's very much, so they divide their attention between lynch and the receivers they are covering which lets them jump the run because they are already watching for it. When they start lining up against Percy harvin I expect that to change though. Harvin is a guy you put your undivided attention on because if you don't, he burns you. Once you take the DB's out of the equation it opens up a whole side of the field for lynch to run in unhindered by anyone except linebackers.

While I think that harvin will help our passing game, I believe he will also have some effect on the run game by forcing the defense to stay honest.

Axx

Reaction score
look at AP's lack of success without Harvin.

AP is also missing his top tier FB also though.

OP
OP
seahawksfanatic000

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
Axx":11mo1cj2 said:

Ap is in a similar situation to lynch, no prolific elite WR to help him out. The only differences are that we have RW and a better run blocking line.

sturg78

Reaction score
That quick pitch we've been running would look real nice with Percy...

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Axx":et6n3mo9 said:

Harvin was out a huge portion of last year. AP almost broke the rushing record.

Latest posts