Percy didn't practice today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

plyka

Reaction score
I'm so confused. Why is anyone upset at Percy? If you want to get angry, get angry at Sniejder and Pete and probably Bevell. Why Bevell? It's obvious he feels comfortable with former players, that's why the Hawks massively overpaid for two of his former injury prone players in Rice and Percy.

You should be angry at Pete/Sniejder for Rice/Percy, not angry at Percy. He just took the money as would anyone here. It's Pete/Sniejder that paid boatloads of money for an injury prone player. Also, did they do ZERO due dilligence? How could they NOT know about his hip before they gave away all the capital for him? Have they even heard of a medical? I think I do more investigation when I'm trading for a player on my fantasy team than they did with Percy.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I think it would be fair to have a designated thread where frustrated fans can rant about Harvin, and other fans can argue with them if they want. If you don't want to talk about the subject, don't click on the thread.

This is a pretty huge issue and point of discussion for many Seahawk fans after all. Stifling discussion about Harvin on a Seahawks fansite because it gets heated seems pretty ridiculous to me.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3t8rztnv said:
Dude that's all most of these threads are. Why just shut down the ones about Harvin? I think your over sensitive.

If you pay even a little attention, you'll find that the mods here will collect multiple threads on the same subject and put them into one main thread to keep the discussion there. Better to have one Harvin thread that can be revisited as new thoughts get added than to spam the entire first page with 3-reply threads that rehash stuff that's already been discussed before.

It's not just Harvin threads.

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah I can see wanting to limit the number of Percy threads or contain it to 1 thread. But if theory and useless conversation are the criteria for lock, every Hutch/Hass/Whitehurst/Tjack/etc thread would have been locked.

While some folks would say that: "good", there'd be no message board because all the important topics that folks get a bit emotional about would be off-limits.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
ok I get it. One thread does make sense. If we are going to have one Harvin thread for the rest of the season this one appears to be titled appropriately.

I do admit that I need it in order to vent my frustrations. We are soo close but after the next two games the regular season is over and it becomes one loss and done.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1tcytdgx said:
ok I get it. One thread does make sense. If we are going to have one Harvin thread for the rest of the season this one appears to be titled appropriately.

I do admit that I need it in order to vent my frustrations. We are soo close but after the next two games the regular season is over and it becomes one loss and done.
THe shack is actually designed just so you can vent frustrations. FYI

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
plyka":1a5w7wnk said:
I'm so confused. Why is anyone upset at Percy? If you want to get angry, get angry at Sniejder and Pete and probably Bevell. Why Bevell? It's obvious he feels comfortable with former players, that's why the Hawks massively overpaid for two of his former injury prone players in Rice and Percy.

You should be angry at Pete/Sniejder for Rice/Percy, not angry at Percy. He just took the money as would anyone here. It's Pete/Sniejder that paid boatloads of money for an injury prone player. Also, did they do ZERO due dilligence? How could they NOT know about his hip before they gave away all the capital for him? Have they even heard of a medical? I think I do more investigation when I'm trading for a player on my fantasy team than they did with Percy.

I still am fine with the Rice contract. We had a bad-looking Golden Tate and just about nothing else at the time we paid Rice. 40M for a guy with #1 potential is a fair deal. He ended up injured, and we don't throw the ball as much so his numbers would never have been gaudy anyway, but in context, his contract is fine.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
plyka":3ljvbd3k said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure they did no type of physical on him. They just handed him a big fat check and a jersey and told him where to sign.

jblaze

Reaction score
This just came across Twitter from Pete's press conference. Interesting...

Pete Carroll on KJR earlier today "He could play this week, but we don't know if he could play the next week." (On Harvin)

Throwdown

Reaction score
jblaze":25q303xa said:

Pete Carroll on KJR earlier today "He could play this week, but we don't know if he could play the next week." (On Harvin)

I'd take from that, it means that if they played him Sunday, and if we won he's probably out for a useless Rams game, as would a lot of players.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
jblaze":48uankiu said:

I don't see why they wouldn't test it? Makes no sense to me. Will he play our first playoff game? Then not play the next? Don't get it.

jblaze

Reaction score
What I take from it is that we won't see him until the superb owl.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1zhnz65h said:
jblaze":1zhnz65h said:

I don't see why they wouldn't test it? Makes no sense to me. Will he play our first playoff game? Then not play the next? Don't get it.

They tested it with the Vikings game. Look how many games he's missed since. I'd rather them be extra cautious to ensure he can play in the playoffs than have him go all out against the Cardinals and miss the next couple weeks

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
He was saying sure he could play.... but he'd probably be too sore to play the next week. He said they're trying to get him to a point where he can sustain playing multiple weeks in a row. He's just not there yet.

Veilside

Reaction score
jblaze":3sdmsx29 said:
What I take from it is that we won't see him until the superb owl.

If we manage to get to the Superbowl without him, then I'm fine with this. I'm guessing we'll have him for both playoff games though.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3an1rssu said:
ImTheScientist":3an1rssu said:
jblaze":3an1rssu said:

They tested it with the Vikings game. Look how many games he's missed since. I'd rather them be extra cautious to ensure he can play in the playoffs than have him go all out against the Cardinals and miss the next couple weeks

I realize that....but without testing it again how are they going to know the result?

I would rather seem him get a few plays against the Cardinals, see how it responds....if well then continue to ramp him up so he is full go come playoffs instead of having playoffs be his "test".

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2kej9yaf said:
He was saying sure he could play.... but he'd probably be too sore to play the next week. He said they're trying to get him to a point where he can sustain playing multiple weeks in a row. He's just not there yet.
This is what I took from the interview as well.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I have to imagine Pete's timeline is a little sooner than the Super Bowl. I don't think Harvin is worth a roster spot for one game that Seattle may not play. If you don't expect him to play multiple games, you have to IR him.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I know he hasn't been able to work out with the team becasue of his pain but is he at practice with the team doing other things? Is he in meetings with the team? Is he doing every thing else that he can possibly do to prepare himself to help the Hawks get to a win the super owl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts