Not open for further replies.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
mikeak":3dt4sgnh said:
^ check your PM. I sent the link with the right quote. It is not individualized

NP I'll check it. Always open to information

chris98251

Reaction score
Well if were not trying to Bracket a Tackle next year in the draft and waste 2 or more picks there we will come out ahead anyway. This way we can look at RB's.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Scorpion05":tzl9hqq0 said:
Sun Tzu":tzl9hqq0 said:
Anthony!":tzl9hqq0 said:
scrummymustard":tzl9hqq0 said:
That sounds excellent, a random guy on a blog certainly couldn't know anything or have his own experiences. :2thumbs:

Hmm IF you do I would know that how? Where did you say you were a CPA or something? You did not. So yes a random guy on a blog saying my CPA with 20+ years is wrong. I will go with my CPA. Thanks
How about if a CPA who is also a tax attorney with a masters of taxation and 20+ years experience advising the elite wealthy tells you that your dime store CPA with 20+ years experience is dead wrong on this?
Sorry, but you, or your CPA, are wrong on this. You are confusing federal tax withholding and federal tax. The amount that is withheld is not the same as the tax that is ultimately paid. Now that the expert has weighed in, lets stop arguing about things we know absolutely nothing about and get back to arguing about football, since at least some of us know a little more than absolutely nothing about that.

LOL

I don't understand the arrogance over all of this. "I'm the expert! No me! No I actually know what it is!"

All over something as complex as taxes, which is very individualized. It reminds me of an argument I had with an Economist once. He swore up and down he knew the most but there are a variety of economists with different opinions.

The only actual source I've seen over this topic are the figures quoted, and the link I posted which showed how signing bonuses are subject to additional losses(According to Turbotax). But again, this all varies.

agreed but we have "EXPERTS" I guess, saying otherwise. All I know is what my CPA who have known for years said and he actually does taxes for a few NFL players. So while I am all for letting this go, I am still going with what he says. I have seen his degrees and know the company he works for. But again agree to disagree.

chris98251

Reaction score
For Christs sake, the topic is about Duane Brown not which one of you can use a calculator better.

Josea16

Reaction score
chris98251":wy8u7wq9 said:
Well if were not trying to Bracket a Tackle next year in the draft and waste 2 or more picks there we will come out ahead anyway. This way we can look at RB's.
Thing is OL like quarterbacks can easily play and play well at 35-38 and sometimes into 40+ like Brady. So this isn't some rental if JS/PC have their way this guy mentors Fant for 2-3 years at least.

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":21fpgord said:
For Christs sake, the topic is about Duane Brown not which one of you can use a calculator better.

Agreed and getting back on track, I don't see how this is a bad thing, to me. We needed help, we got help, one of the best right now. Problem solved and as you said earlier we can now check that off the list and focus on RB or something else in the draft, lord knows we have not done a good job in the draft with olineman.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1lrrrhtf said:
Sun Tzu":1lrrrhtf said:
Anthony!":1lrrrhtf said:
scrummymustard":1lrrrhtf said:
That sounds excellent, a random guy on a blog certainly couldn't know anything or have his own experiences. :2thumbs:

Hmm IF you do I would know that how? Where did you say you were a CPA or something? You did not. So yes a random guy on a blog saying my CPA with 20+ years is wrong. I will go with my CPA. Thanks
How about if a CPA who is also a tax attorney with a masters of taxation and 20+ years experience advising the elite wealthy tells you that your dime store CPA with 20+ years experience is dead wrong on this?
Sorry, but you, or your CPA, are wrong on this. You are confusing federal tax withholding and federal tax. The amount that is withheld is not the same as the tax that is ultimately paid. Now that the expert has weighed in, lets stop arguing about things we know absolutely nothing about and get back to arguing about football, since at least some of us know a little more than absolutely nothing about that.

LOL

I don't understand the arrogance over all of this. "I'm the expert! No me! No I actually know what it is!"

All over something as complex as taxes, which is very individualized. It reminds me of an argument I had with an Economist once. He swore up and down he knew the most but there are a variety of economists with different opinions.

The only actual source I've seen over this topic are the figures quoted, and the link I posted which showed how signing bonuses are subject to additional losses(According to Turbotax). But again, this all varies.
Is a tax professional who provides the correct interpretation of Internal Revenue Code based on years of experience and three advanced degrees arrogant, or is hanging onto your own opinion based on faulty internet research when presented with a professional interpretation arrogant? I am inclined to believe the latter is the height of arrogance.

You are correct that the IRC is complex, which is why no one should be setting forth opinions based on an internet search. Incidentally, your economist metaphor misses the mark since there are multiple schools of economic thought but only one internal revenue code.

There are only two sources of primary authority on tax law, the Internal Revenue Code and case law. You should note that Turbotax, Google, and even IRS publications are NOT primary authority (meaning you can't make a case based on them). Now, as I said before, let's stop with the silly argument over things you know nothing about and get back to football.

Fade

Reaction score
Bottom line.
Top level LTs are hard as hell to find currently, even harder than Franchise QBs.

So to pay the equivalence of two 3rd rounders to get that, even if it is only ends up lasting for 2.5 seasons (3 shots at a superbowl) it is totally worth it.

LTs do not grown on trees. Seattle is using (day 2) draft picks to acquire players at positions that are really hard to find. It makes sense.

The alternative is to stand pat continue trotting Odhiambo out there, get Wilson killed. Then use those same picks on O-Lineman that more than likely bust given the Cable era history. Championship window closes for good after the D is to long in the tooth to carry the team any more, and Wilson is eating his meals through a straw & being hauled around by Ciara in a wheelchair.

The Seahawks made the right choice. They are protecting the Franchise.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Fade":3619szo0 said:
Bottom line.
Top level LTs are hard as hell to find currently, even harder than Franchise QBs.

So to pay the equivalence of two 3rd rounders to get that, even if it is only ends up lasting for 2.5 seasons (3 shots at a superbowl) it is totally worth it.

LTs do not grown on trees. Seattle is using (day 2) draft picks to acquire players at positions that are really hard to find. It makes sense.

The alternative is to stand pat continue trotting Odhiambo out there, get Wilson killed. Then use those same picks on O-Lineman that more than likely bust given the Cable era history. Championship window closes for good after the D is to long in the tooth to carry the team any more, and Wilson is eating his meals through a straw & being hauled around by Ciara in a wheelchair.

The Seahawks made the right choice. They are protecting the Franchise.

agreed but this "being hauled around by Ciara in a wheelchair. " scary but funny as well

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I'd honestly cut Glowinski if I were Cable.

Odhiambo and Tobin both can play OG and you have physically more promising player in Roos.

Keep the young OTs and see if they can develop behind Brown and against Freeney.

I'm also in the camp of not caring for what we gave up for Brown. It doesn't bother me.

Brown, after seeing him play against us and holding up pretty well given the circumstances, might as well be Walter Jones compared to what we had.

Brown, Pocic, Britt. Aboushi, Ifedi by Week 17 could be just as good or better than both of the lines that took us to back to back Superbowls:

2013: Okung, Carp, Unger, Sweezy, Giacomini

2014: Okung, Carp, Unger, Sweezy, Britt

Fade

Reaction score
Hypothetical Question.

If the Seahawks were to cut Odhiambo to make room for Duane Brown on the 53. What team out there would claim him with the film he has put out there?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Fade":2h6dkem5 said:
Hypothetical Question.

If the Seahawks were to cut Odhiambo to make room for Duane Brown on the 53. What team out there would claim him with the film he has put out there?

Good question. Teams sure like to overpay on our O-linemen in the past during contract years. Has anyone picked up one that we have cut though?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I hate what we're giving up even more now. Brown will have to step in and play immediately to expectations, otherwise this trade is dog crap. If he doesn't solidify the line, this trade is a massive fail.

kidhawk

Reaction score
This has gotten way off base. If anyone wants to talk about the trade instead of who's accountant is best feel free to start a new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.