Penny out for extended period

Polk738

Reaction score
We saw how fast KW3 is today, he left those guys in the dust just needs to get in space

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Darn that sucks, in the long run he should be back though, I initially was thinking after the bye, let’s get that darn rookie broken in.

Scout

Reaction score
That tackle was dirt af. Extra twist at the end. Bounty gate still alive and well down there
They still play dirty so that isn't surprising.

Good thing the team has invested resources with KW though. I expect the team to draft another RB next year to keep the depth very good at the RB spot.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Season ender andi likely the last time he plays for this team. Sad was having a good year

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
That wasn't an issue with Penny being 'fragile'

a 290+ lb man fell and rolled on the back of his ankle. NO RB walks away from that.

Penny had some issue with taking dings or not being able to play through pain. That was not this.
Guy breaks his tibia and still gets called soft. Here is an illustration for people on what bone they are referring to:

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Actually, Penny could be back in 6 weeks depending on the type of fracture to his tibia. The tibia unlike the fibula is a weight bearing bone. If they don't do an open reduction or need to pin him then that is a different story. If it is a non displace fracture he is actually better off than if he had a ligamentous injury. Penny has had his share of trials. I hope it is just a simple non-displaced fracture. The prognosis is much better for an earlier return.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Penny is a prime example of why I don't like using high draft picks on running backs: 1. They are the most injury prone position. 2. They are 2 down players, and usually come out on 3rd down as Penny had been doing. 3. It's a quarterback centric league. The running back is no longer king.

BASF

Reaction score
Not unlikely. But I'd kind of like the Hawks to go the Packers rout, and draft a smasher running back in the Jamaal Williams/AJ Dillon mold. One doesnt' exclude the other, certainly, as we've seen with injuries at this position for the better part of a decade.
After watching the UCLA game last night I would not mind spending another second round pick on Zach Charbonnet.

Reactions: bbq

Fade

Reaction score
Penny is a prime example of why I don't like using high draft picks on running backs: 1. They are the most injury prone position. 2. They are 2 down players, and usually come out on 3rd down as Penny had been doing. 3. It's a quarterback centric league. The running back is no longer king.
The Seahawks never got this memo. Draft one every year on day 3 and call it good. Spend your high picks in the trenches instead.

Polk738

Reaction score
The days of Marshawn Lynch type running backs are few and far between thats for sure

xray

Reaction score
Heart is a gr8 asset ; but durability is much more important . imo

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
I was working during the game. Where are you seeing the video that shows the Saints twisting his leg? I can only find the view from the far sideline and it’s totally blocked by other players

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I was working during the game. Where are you seeing the video that shows the Saints twisting his leg? I can only find the view from the far sideline and it’s totally blocked by other players

I was wondering the same thing. And if it's true, are there any consequences?