Patriots vs Broncos

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Anyone watched this game? Did Payton disrespected Wilson in this game?
I saw late in the fourth when they had to punt..Payton was pissed
at Me3 but it was a quick snap off.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I disagree in this one case..
It helps the Hawks draft pick and Me3 doesn't sniff the playoffs
for the third year in a row.
He doesn't have to carry our team anymore and he sure as shit
cannot carry Denver.

Ok, I give you that for all reasons stated.

flv2

Reaction score
I will never understand the 'fall behind to weaker teams and then throw jump balls' strategy.

warden

Reaction score
There is no such thing as an easy game in the NFL.

Broncos learned that the hard way tonight

The Eagles learned that the Hard way last Monday

Ozzy

Reaction score
The weird obsession with Russ on this forum is truly bizarre. He actually had a couple of clutch touchdowns late but his defense didn’t hold. Similar game to Geno who the same people clowning Russ used as evidence for Geno being great tonight. Well done guys.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The weird obsession with Russ on this forum is truly bizarre. He actually had a couple of clutch touchdowns late but his defense didn’t hold. Similar game to Geno who the same people clowning Russ used as evidence for Geno being great tonight. Well done guys.
I'll ask a similar question to the one you asked of me earlier about the Mullens thing.

How many top 10 picks, second rounders, veteran players, and quarter billion dollar contracts did Geno cost?

But that'd be irrelevant. I don't think anyone here is doing much other than laughing at the primadonna. No one's writing theses or treatises about the comparison between Geno and Russ. We're just laughing at him taking the Ls because it's vindicating, especially to those who advocated for a trade before it even happened.

OP
OP
L

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I'll ask a similar question to the one you asked of me earlier about the Mullens thing.

How many top 10 picks, second rounders, veteran players, and quarter billion dollar contracts did Geno cost?

But that'd be irrelevant. I don't think anyone here is doing much other than laughing at the primadonna. No one's writing theses or treatises about the comparison between Geno and Russ. We're just laughing at him taking the Ls because it's vindicating, especially to those who advocated for a trade before it even happened.
This.

OP
OP
L

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I love Hass and other former players because they represented, and continue to represent, Seattle well. Sherm is another one I like. Kam too. Lynch.

But Russ. He had to throw the team under the bus on his way out. Complained about carrying the team. Made it clear to everyone that there is no us in team, but either I or me in team, and that's how Russ thinks. He had his agent release a list of teams he'd like to be traded to. All that. His head got big. Never saw that from Hass. Never saw that from Lynch. Gray, Strong, Walter Jones, Largent too.

He went to ownership and tried to have PC fired. Wanted Sean Payton. How's that working out?

So no, I don't like Russ and I'll take my shots at him. He's $250 million richer than the rest of us. He'll be fine. He's not a baby that needs to be defended.

RedAlice

Reaction score
You all are next level, but I remember hating Warner on Cards.

Warner also hates the Rams publicly.

Ozzy

Reaction score

It’s late and maybe I’ll respond to this tomorrow but it’s probably pointless. The dude won us a SB and gave us a decade of one of the best decades to ever do it and people are using revisionist history as if he wasnt a stud while here. I’m fine with being pissed off about the ending of it all but all this energy wanting another human to fail miserably because of it is goofy. Root against him, have some fun or whatever but a lot of what we see here is personal and borders on true hate and it’s weird to me.

keasley45

Reaction score
It’s late and maybe I’ll respond to this tomorrow but it’s probably pointless. The dude won us a SB and gave us a decade of one of the best decades to ever do it and people are using revisionist history as if he wasnt a stud while here. I’m fine with being pissed off about the ending of it all but all this energy wanting another human to fail miserably because of it is goofy. Root against him, have some fun or whatever but a lot of what we see here is personal and borders on true hate and it’s weird to me.

He didn't win us the SB. Our ' once in a generation ' defense did. Pete's building an offense around a guy who couldn't (and still cant) read defenses did.

The beauty of Russ was how off tge charts, naturally physically gifted he was. He could create offense on his own by running around, buying time for his Wrs to find an opening (Seattle made famous the scramble drill... IN PRACTICE). But he could never just run an offense. Especially not a complicated one. Which is why Pete loved him - Pete never wanted a complicated offense. But Russ didn't take kindly to Pete seeing him for who he was, nor John for trying to get Pete to dump him 4 years ago. So rather than just facing the truth, he created his own and threw the SEAHAWKS under the bus, so that he could make himself look like something he never was.

I'll say it again. HE THREW THE SEAHAWKS UNDER THE BUS for no good reason other than strategically trying to manipulate folks into believing he was great, and that his former team held him back, so that he could save his reputation, and make millions.

It's funny. Sherm was undeniably a critical piece to our success. He was undeniably at the top of his craft. He was arguably the best at what he did . And he continued that level of play when he left. So there is zero dispute as to what his legacy is with us or as a player in general. Yet many of the same people who criticize those who call out Russ, lambasted Richard for criticizing the team when he left or betraying the Hawks for going to a rival - as if THAT was a greater trespass than actually trying to undermine an organization for one's own benefit.

So no. There's no lost appreciation for what he did for 'us'. If he was the one single handedly making us win the way Lamar Jackson did the year he won his MVP... if that season for Lamar translated into a SB, and that kind of performance was what ever happened in Seattle and saw us win it all, it would be different. That never happened. Reality has shown who the wizard was behind the curtain all those years. And Russ pulled it up himself. Russ landed in the perfect spot to maximize what he knew how to do, and then he tried to burn it all down.

CactusJack

Reaction score
I don't think Geno & Russ are honestly all that different. PFF's grading scale for the most part agrees with that assessment. Coming into this week, Russ was ranked 15th & Geno was right behind him (16th), out of a total of 40 QB's ranked. Both guys are essentially middle of the pack for their performances this season. I'd say that's pretty fair just based on overall eye test.

As far as the trade? It's obviously worked out just fine. As you're basically swapping one guy for another without a significant drop off. While at the same time having gained significant draft capital & assets in return. So, the trade itself, is pretty much a win/win.

Some fans are still mad about how things ended here with Russ. I don't really blame them. He did kind of weasel his way out & wasn't very forthcoming about his true feelings.

I do find myself also actively rooting against him & that team. Why? Probably because of what I mentioned above. But we've also reached a point now where it's become very obvious who won the trade. Spoiler: It isn't Denver.

Russ simply isn't getting any younger at this stage. While his cap number will also continue to balloon. It jumps from $35m to $55m a year from now. Based on his play as of late, Denver won't be able to justify paying him that kind of money.

Last edited:

knownone

Reaction score
Russ attempted one of the more daring coups in NFL history. His camp blamed Pete, John, Jody, and pretty much everyone involved on the team for letting Russ down. He shot his shot, took his talents to Denver, and all the problems came with him.

He put the target on his back. You can't blame people for taking shots at him.

keasley45

Reaction score
I don't think Geno & Russ are honestly all that different. PFF's grading scale for the most part agrees with that assessment. Coming into this week, Russ was ranked 15th & Geno was right behind him (16th), out of a total of 40 QB's ranked. Both guys are essentially middle of the pack for their performances this season. I'd say that's pretty fair just based on overall eye test.

As far as the trade? It's obviously worked out just fine. As you're basically swapping one guy for another without a significant drop off. While at the same time having gained significant draft capital & assets in return. So, the trade itself, is pretty much a win/win.

Some fans are still mad about how things ended here with Russ. I don't really blame them. He did kind of weasel his way out & wasn't very forthcoming about his true feelings.

I do find myself also actively rooting against him & that team. Why? Probably because of what I mentioned above. But we've also reached a point now where it's become very obvious who won the trade. Spoiler: It isn't Denver.
Exactly this. At worst, Geno is on par with Russ. In Denver, Payton has him executing HIS offense and managing around Russ's inability and not letting him run off script, because he knows its not sustainable, and the results are similar. So at worst, we've extracted identical performance from the position and added significant talent to the roster to boot.

I'd argue that if you put the same players around Russ as you did Geno. Same coordinator, same calls, that Geno would actually run the offense at a higher level if the evaluation was about how accurately the qb could execute plays. Russ's value came from not executing the plays and creating his own. And he did that very well.

Ask Payton at this point whether he'd rather go into next year with Geno or Russ, salaries aside. I think the answer is obvious. Or it should be.

knownone

Reaction score
How were their games similar?

The Broncos defense held the Pats to 12 total first downs. They won the TOP battle. And despite being given ample opportunities on the Pats side of the field, their offense only managed to score on 3 of 14 drives. Worse, they had six three-and-outs.

Meanwhile, Seattle's defense gave up 23 first downs, couldn't get off the field, and lost the TOP battle by 8 minutes. Yet Geno and the gang scored on 4 of 7 total drives, including the game-winner. And Seattle only had one three-and-out.

There's a reason Geno's QBR was 25 points higher, and he doubled Russell's passing EPA.

Latest posts