Pass Rush

tersal

Reaction score
The true key to the Seahawks pass rush:

Green missed the majority of his rookie last season was in essence his rookie year Collier of course we know missed training camp and never caught up.

With the addition of Irvin and Mayowaba should Green and Collier come along look out. Here is NFL.com scouting report on both:

Collier
A 4-3 base end who won't wow teams with his frame or athleticism but who will pique their interest with his rugged play demeanor and surprising rush acumen. Collier is stout at the point of attack and will offer some value as a power rusher; he really flashed an ability to translate his power into an above-average rush at the Senior Bowl. Collier's toughness, size and strength are traits seen typically from players who develop into quality starting ends.

Green
Green's draft grade is based on projection over what he shows today. He has obvious upside that is waiting to be unlocked and unleashed, but he must get stronger and play with better technique and toughness. Green doesn't have the sand in his pants to hold up at the point of attack as an interior defender and will likely be targeted as a base end in 4-3 or 3-4 schemes with a likely role of reducing inside on passing downs. Green may need a team with a patient approach and willing mentor to guide him along his early stages. It will take time, but he should become an impact starter in the league.

AgentDib

Reaction score
We are also betting on Jarran Reed ($9.4m) having a much better season, tendered Branden Jackson ($2.13m), and could be counting on Poona Ford to take a step forward given we haven't replaced Al Woods yet. Assuming we average 10 DL on the 55 man roster it looks something like this:

LDE: Collier, Mayowa, Jackson
LDT: Reed, Christmas
RDT: Ford, Jones, Mone
LEO: Green, Irvin

My guess is three will be replaced by FA/Rookies this off-season.

OP
OP
T

tersal

Reaction score
AgentDib":1d48pekh said:
We are also betting on Jarran Reed ($9.4m) having a much better season, tendered Branden Jackson ($2.13m), and could be counting on Poona Ford to take a step forward given we haven't replaced Al Woods yet. Assuming we average 10 DL on the 55 man roster it looks something like this:

LDE: Collier, Mayowa, Jackson
LDT: Reed, Christmas
RDT: Ford, Jones, Mone
LEO: Green, Irvin

My guess is three will be replaced by FA/Rookies this off-season.
Pass Rush looks like it will be much improved still have the next FA Clowney Or Everson Griffith to sign.
I think this year Hawks can become a super elite team.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Well, yeah...

I watched a bunch of Collier's tape and really liked him. Looking at what happened, who knows where he'll be year two. Way too soon to call him a bust, but we weren't wrong to expect some upside for a 1st rounder.

Green, I dunno. Way too many plays he looks like the easiest block in the league. He has to win right away or he's done.
Still young and clearly developing, so willing to give him more time.

Pivotal year this year for both, imo. It's time!

Latest posts