Pass Rush

getnasty

Reaction score
Been lots of talk about how poor the pass rush was and i'd have to go back and watch the game to look at it a little harder but i don't recall Two Glove Teddy holding on to the ball very long at all. Maybe it was poor but definitely seemed like a ton quick passes to me.

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
Pete Carroll and K.J. Wright both pointed to Teddy Bridgewater getting rid of the ball quickly as a reason why the Seahawks only managed two hits and no sacks on the Saints quarterback. Indeed, Bridgewater's average time before throwing Sunday was 2.44 seconds, according to ESPN charting. That was third-fastest among all quarterbacks in Week 3 (not counting the two playing in the night game).

sdog1981

Reaction score
It was almost like a take on the John McKay quote "We didn't rush the passer well today but we made up for it by not tackling."

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
No blitzing to throw off those quick passes either. Playing the weak assed soft-zone all game didn’t help.
Norton’s playcalling was piss poor. This team needs to be aggressive on both sides of the ball from a playcalling standpoint. Until they start doing that, expect more losses like yesterday and worse.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":26h6dijm said:
No blitzing to throw off those quick passes either. Playing the weak assed soft-zone all game didn’t help.
Norton’s playcalling was piss poor. This team needs to be aggressive on both sides of the ball from a playcalling standpoint. Until they start doing that, expect more losses like yesterday and worse.

I did notice at least some blitzing from Wagner/Kendricks. I can't say how many.

It did not seem to have any noticeable effect. During the game I was wondering why they blitzed at all, because it just resulted in 1 less tackler covering the same immediate checkdown anyway. It hurt more than it helped.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":24oy5wav said:

Blitzing on quick pass plays is the opposite of what you should do.

Latest posts