Panther thread, lets take a in depth look at our opponent.

chris98251

Reaction score
408267_4532657795953_1297209341_n.jpg

301266_4416690332028_338772369_n.jpg

Figure I would start off with their QB :)

seatownboy

Reaction score
God my team sucks so bad whats wrong with all those fails!! That's leadership 101, they teach you that on the first day. Bash the hell out of your team with the cameras pointed at ya.

mretrade

Reaction score
The Panthers need to get their QB some more weapons including a big receiver to complement Steve Smith. Their dline is very good and Kuechy is looking like a monster.

CoolRodney

Reaction score
I didn't really know much about Kuechly until I saw him own the Ravens in the pre-season. I like the way he plays. Panthers defense should be very good. A tougher match up than people think.

Axx

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is cam newton's mom new favorite player.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Spot on...just glad they don't share the same personalities. Smith is a punkass and I'm shocked he gets the respect he does.

We have the luxury of prepping for Smith with his younger version. Panthers, the opposite. I predict RW will throw the ball 30 x and Tate will be huge in this game. Smith will get shut down and frustrated (again). I sincerely hope he tries sucker punching BB. ; ) 31-17 HAWKS!

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Before the preseason the Panthers were my pick for an "upset" team and their D has not disappointed so far. Cam had a good season last year despite all the rookie QBs getting the spotlight and the misguided media declaring "sophomore slump". He did as well, if not better in the important QB metrics, in year 2 vs. year 1. Despite that, I think Cam can be contained due to their lack of real receiving threats. Their D is my real worry this game. CAR had the 11th ranked D by Football Outsiders (more substantial to me than other ranking sites) and they will jump into the top 10 this year. Their LBs are beastly and challenge SF as best in the league. Their D-line is no laughing matter either. If we win this game, we will need to play fairly flawless and grind it out. Last year we were lucky to escape with a win, and both teams have improved since last meeting. Should be a close one. If we can win this game I think it will bode extremely well for the rest of our season. I guess I like the fact that the first game will be a challenge. We have so many road 10AM games this year, we can't afford to come out of the gate slowly.

Zowert

Reaction score
I seriously think Golden Tate is going to have a breakout year. With Harvin out for the season (at least the majority), pressure is on Tate to stand out. Then there is Baldwin, who could do the same. So we will see. But I have a feeling Golden Tate is going to turn heads.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Their defense did a job on our run game (last year) and I think that's one reason Wilson will throw the rock 30+ x this year. Our D shut them down on 3rd downs and I see no reason why that shouldn't happen again. Both teams have improved...I believe us more so...but they are home. Couldn't ask for a better gauge.

Joat

Reaction score
Close. Still a dominant WR who commands and beats most double teams.

Mick063

Reaction score
Ted Ginn jr. returning kicks scares the crap out of me.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Mick063":12mgjf1v said:
Ted Ginn jr. returning kicks scares the crap out of me.

He's always scared me. Seems like he always burns the Hawks. I was so glad when he left the 49ers. Now we get him week 1.

Joat

Reaction score
Ginn had a field day against the Steelers last week, but I doubt we see much of him as a WR until he shows he's more than a one trick pony.

You still have to honor his speed and Cam throws a great deep ball- so who knows.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Joat":1k9c2k1f said:
Ginn had a field day against the Steelers last week, but I doubt we see much of him as a WR until he shows he's more than a one trick pony.

You still have to honor his speed and Cam throws a great deep ball- so who knows.

He doesn't scare me as a WR at all. I am strictly talking about kick returns.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2uh522u0 said:
Joat":2uh522u0 said:

He doesn't scare me as a WR at all. I am strictly talking about kick returns.

Exactly. And it really only concerns me because we will be kicking off about 8 times or so during this game.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Exactly. And it really only concerns me because we will be kicking off about 8 times or so during this game.[/quote]
Solution.... Kick it out of the end zone. Can't do squat if he ain't got the ball.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
pmedic920":2a0s8iyb said:
Exactly. And it really only concerns me because we will be kicking off about 8 times or so during this game.
Solution.... Kick it out of the end zone. Can't do squat if he ain't got the ball.

And you can tell Haushka stopped skipping leg day this off season. He can crush them out the back at will.