PAC 12 basketball

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Who would have thought Utah and UCLA would both be 0-2 in conference play to start the season. I still expect Utah to finish no lower than 3rd. UCLA should pick it up as well.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hard to get a feel for the conference right now. So many teams are playing up and down. IMO it's just not a very good conference right now, a lot of these teams are just too young.

Utah has been the biggest disappointment. They're down double digits to Oregon at home, and if they lose tonight they will be 1-3 in the conference.The biggest surprise is USC, if not for that second half implosion against UW, they would be 5-0 in the conference.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Looks like ducks and dawgs both have a good shot at dancing this year. Ducks have 9 wins over rpi top 50 teams. That's the most in the country.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2fcf3dnb said:
Looks like ducks and dawgs both have a good shot at dancing this year. Ducks have 9 wins over rpi top 50 teams. That's the most in the country.

Ducks are almost a lock to make the tourney given their RPI. Dawgs still have to prove a lot of the haters wrong, which is understandable. They were a team that was picked close to last in every pre-season poll. Their RPI has slowly been rising, right now it's 52.

The Pac12 might be the deepest conference in college basketball right now. The only problem is, there aren't any really dominant teams. Right now most projections have about 7-8 teams from the Pac making the dance, which sounds about right. I think they could get as many as 10, everyone has a pretty good shot at making it aside from WSU and AZST.

CPHawk

Reaction score
The rpi love the pac 12, but the polls seem to ignore us. Somehow the big 12 is loved in the polls, would love to have had a pac 12/big 12 challenge in the pre season.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
These polls are an absolute joke...the Huskies beat USC, UCLA, Colorado, and Arizona State. Yet all these teams have a better rating than them. Head to head game wins should have more weight.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
hawkfan68":38b1d3tk said:
These polls are an absolute joke...the Huskies beat USC, UCLA, Colorado, and Arizona State. Yet all these teams have a better rating than them. Head to head game wins should have more weight.

These so-called bracketologists like to look at all kinds of weird stats rather than common sense. Common sense would tell you that UW would make the dance over teams like Oregon St and UCLA.

Right now Lunardi (espn) has UW as one of the last 4 in. I think we are going to be a bubble team the rest of the way. I don't feel great about this upcoming roadtrip against USC and UCLA. Both will be out for revenge. UW plays Arizona at home next weekend, if they can win that game that would be huge for their resume. Calling it now, UW gets swept on this roadtrip, only to return home and sweep both Arizona schools.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Great win by the Dawgs tonight. At first I thought this season was a bit of a fluke, but we are now 8 games into the conference schedule and I can safely say that this team is for real. I still don't think UW finishes in first place, but I think finishing in the top 3 is very realistic.

Ducks look really good this year, I think they're the best team in the conference. Arizona just doesn't impress me. Seems like a down year for them, which is very rare.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3cbbalnw said:
Great win by the Dawgs tonight. At first I thought this season was a bit of a fluke, but we are now 8 games into the conference schedule and I can safely say that this team is for real. I still don't think UW finishes in first place, but I think finishing in the top 3 is very realistic.

Ducks look really good this year, I think they're the best team in the conference. Arizona just doesn't impress me. Seems like a down year for them, which is very rare.

Dodgy 2nd half but just enough...

This is a huge road trip for them. Getting the first one is a big, big step towards securing an NCAA bid. A win over USC would see them start challenging for the regular season title.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Dawgs battled hard against USC but came up short. Getting a split on this LA roadtrip was the key.

Now time to take care of business at Hec-Ed. ASU comes to town in the middle of the week and then Arizona comes on Saturday. Should be a great atmosphere on Saturday, I'm going to try my best to be at Hec-Ed rooting the Dawgs on.

CPHawk

Reaction score
It might be hard to believe, but if UO can get past Utah Sunday, they will have the #1 RPI.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
With Nova losing today, it looks like Oregon could be playing for a #1 seed tonight.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":11jtq9fn said:
With Nova losing today, it looks like Oregon could be playing for a #1 seed tonight.

That would be pretty wild. Bring 4 out of 5 starters back next year too.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Wow, what a finish vs the Utes. Continue to play like that, and UO has a real shot at the F4, regardless of the seeding.

Altman wasn't UO first choice when they fired old Ern, but they got lucky landing him. I love watching how disciplined his teams play, and the way his offense runs.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
How many Pac-12 teams make the tournament? Eight would set the record for any conference.

I can see seven making it.

Latest posts