Oregon @ Utah

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It was the right choice to kick the FG, but I kind of wanted a fake there just for giggles.

HawkWow

Reaction score
LOL..Right when the Duck made the stop I said to myself..I hope Pete is watching this.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Mariota continues to stare down blitzes like he's never seen them before and has no idea that he can throw the football away or at a receiver's feet.

Utah players are going down on their own tonight. That's a real bummer.

sturg78

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1dkr0qij said:
Mariota continues to stare down blitzes like he's never seen them before and has no idea that he can throw the football away or at a receiver's feet.

He has been getting beat on a lot this year. It's ptsd.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1568p3qi said:

Seems the majority of the time more than 1 rusher is getting pressure, He turns to get out of the way and rolls into another. He's not had much time on those sacks. Still young and with a few faws (very few) but he's better than half the QBs in the NFL today, imo.

mikeak

Reaction score
JSeahawks":pvi756rg said:
Not sure on the rule but I think the ducks got away with one on that fumble return. Dargan was out if bounds then the first one to touch the ball. Think that should have made it a dead ball after the recovery, but not sure.

I was recording LSU - Bama game and saw the highlight. Came here to ask about that exact thing. None of the commentators on the highlight mentioned it but it was clear. I don't know if it applies to defenders though but he went out of bounds on his own will and was the first to touch the ball.

Curious in the rule here

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2jgdutci said:

He's the less douchey Colin Kaepernick without the ridiculous arm strength basically.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":37ul3u93 said:
Sarlacc83":37ul3u93 said:

He's the less douchey Colin Kaepernick without the ridiculous arm strength basically.

Well, one can hope that he's young enough to get it fixed before he has to start at the next level.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
That terrible play earlier looms really large right now

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1ekzijfl said:
That terrible play earlier looms really large right now

Yeah. I thought about that earlier. It's the difference between 27 - 20 Utah and 27- 20 Oregon.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Freeman would sure look good in a Seahawks jersey. Amazing hes only a freshman

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
That OPI was just so terrible. Like, they should be able to review that and then chuck a ball at the ref's nuts for getting it wrong terrible.

On the bright side, it allowed Mariota to top 9000 passing yards.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Not to get too far ahead here.. but man, an FSU/Oregon playoff game would be awesome.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The Grasu and pharaoh brown injuries could hurt big time going forward. Not against Colorado or Oregon state, but in the PAC 12 title game and the playoffs, those two could be huge losses.

They didnt replay the pharaoh injury, but his leg snapped. Theismanesque.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Week after week you'd swear Kaep snuck into a Ducks jersey the way Mariota finds those 3rd and 4th reads while delivering shoulder fades and touch passes with ease and regularity. If only Kaep had an Oline as good as Oregon's.

But do temper expectations for Mariota. 20 years old and look how little he's accomplished in the sport. LOL.

Take away their shared excellent running ability (though MM is faster), there is almost zero similarities between Marcus Mariota and Colin Kaepernick. Dayum.

CPHawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":z7lep9vq said:
Week after week you'd swear Kaep snuck into a Ducks jersey the way Mariota finds those 3rd and 4th reads while delivering shoulder fades and touch passes with ease and regularity. If only Kaep had an Oline as good as Oregon's.

But do temper expectations for Mariota. 20 years old and look how little he's accomplished in the sport. LOL.

Take away their shared excellent running ability (though MM is faster), there is almost zero similarities between Marcus Mariota and Colin Kaepernick. Dayum.

He doesn't remind me of Kaep at all, except that he's tall and fast. He's a lot more Wilson than he is Kaep.