On M&M Adam Schefter Reports A-Rod's:

byau

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2cceyiri said:
Not buying it fully. Adrenaline will carry Rodgers until the half, then he can get a pain killer beyond that. The man on one leg is a much better QB than anything we've seen in awhile.

AbsolutNET":2cceyiri said:
Team Dr's will make sure Aaron can't feel a thing come game time. He's still the most dangerous QB we've seen since week 3, so the D is going to be tested in a big way.

Agreed. Agreed.

Meds + competitiveness + adrenaline

Will anyone really be surprised if he comes out looking 100%?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nope, he's milking it big time. Wants to be the "hero" blah blah blah.
He put up over 3 bills last year and was throwing lazers.
Hurt a litte, sure, but not NEARLY as much as they are making it out to be.
The Media, and the fans are already setting themselves up with the perfect excuse :roll:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
byau":90v4ks5b said:
Will anyone really be surprised if he comes out looking 100%?

The kind of injury Rodgers has takes a minimum of two months to fully heal, so no he won't be 100%. But I expect him to be 70-80%, which is good enough to be as accurate as he wants to be from the pocket.

His mobility is the only thing that'll be hindered, not his arm strength or accuracy.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
This morning on Mike & Mike, Golic and Stink both thought Rodgers is sandbagging us. Stink made the point that if it was true the last thing the packers would do is tell us.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I can't help but notice that the Pack feeds Shefter a nugget a day after Pete says in a presser that Seattle is preparing for Rogers as if he is just fine.

Nothing to see here.

PackerNation

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2kv6swdc said:
Hurt a litte, sure, but not NEARLY as much as they are making it out to be.

He's actually hurt worse then they are making it out to be, seriously. If we didn't need to beat the Lions in the last game of the season, no way he plays at all.

I don't expect Seattle's defense will play Rodgers any differently than if he was 100%.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
This is starting to feel like the build up to the Redskins wilcard round, things could get ugly For the Pack Sunday.

byau

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":2s1ckxdp said:
This is starting to feel like the build up to the Redskins wilcard round, things could get ugly For the Pack Sunday.

And things could go well too. He has awesome decision making skills, great arm, great accuracy.

So they may limit his plays to things in the pocket. Can't not see the Packers o-line doing their best to step up to give him a few extra seconds. Seahawks don't do a lot of blitzing anyway. And Rodgers, if/when the pressure does come up, instead of scrambling, will take a sack.

To me that means the Packers are working on better execution of a smaller number of plays this week.

That can still be quite deadly.

So I still give the Seahawks an advantage. I would have anyway with a 100% Rodgers. But with an injured Rodgers, not sure the advantage grows as big as others on here think.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2x47clx8 said:
I can't help but notice that the Pack feeds Shefter a nugget a day after Pete says in a presser that Seattle is preparing for Rogers as if he is just fine.

Nothing to see here.

Even if Rodgers were in a wheelchair in a full body cast Pete would have this team preparing like they're facing the guy that went on a tear in the 2010 playoffs.

Hawks46

Reaction score
ptisme":3nnmnmif said:
Mtgriz2244":3nnmnmif said:
No, I would not wish an injury on anyone no matter what. Personally I would like to see him fully healthy so when we win this next game there can be no doubt on who the better team was.
THIS. If Russel Wilson got hurt and the Packers won, that's all you'd hear from Seattle is this SB had an asterisk next to it...

No, I doubt an asterisk.

Look at it like a compliment. GB was one of the hottest teams in the league the last half of the season. I'm not ashamed of admitting I'll take an easier road to the SB without complaint.

Kind like rooting for you guys to lose that one last game. Yup, our team is still one of the best in the league, but it's definately easier to get it done at home.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":kcdfk2m7 said:
No "sources" are to be trusted this week.

If Rodgers is playing, he has to be though of as 100% healthy.

Unless Rodgers really is a robot, I can guarantee he won't be.

Did pretty well against Detroit and Dallas on one leg though.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":17iun9ql said:
Scottemojo":17iun9ql said:

I watched 5 GB games today. A couple times every game, he escapes a pocket and runs for a third down conversion. Not as flashy a runner as RW, but still frustrating to an defense. I expect the most major change will be not having to keep much of an eye on that. Otherwise, I would treat him just the same.

pehawk

Reaction score
I guess it's only fair that if Rogers mobility is null, the Hawks DL is also near null. Kind of a wash.

Cartire

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2k2l1w94 said:
kearly":2k2l1w94 said:
Scottemojo":2k2l1w94 said:

I watched 5 GB games today. A couple times every game, he escapes a pocket and runs for a third down conversion. Not as flashy a runner as RW, but still frustrating to an defense. I expect the most major change will be not having to keep much of an eye on that. Otherwise, I would treat him just the same.

GB is pulling the ultimate ruse right now. And media is milking the hell out of it. Green Bay needs to upper hand on Seattle right now. They are looking for any thing to give them an edge. This story is perfect. It improves so many factors.

IF Aaron is fine, then this is just making the seahawks waste time game planning a perceived weakness. They can say they are game-planning that he is 100% healthy. But im not buying it. They have given thought to it, and thats enough.

IF hes not fine, then they have the excuse card already well in play. On top of which, the pressure of winning is lowered a tad, making the game less stressful and they can play loose. Something they need to do.

A win-win for GB. Its a Bellichick type move and I approve of it.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Cartire":1wtdn90r said:
Scottemojo":1wtdn90r said:
kearly":1wtdn90r said:
Scottemojo":1wtdn90r said:

GB is pulling the ultimate ruse right now. And media is milking the hell out of it. Green Bay needs to upper hand on Seattle right now. They are looking for any thing to give them an edge. This story is perfect. It improves so many factors.

IF Aaron is fine, then this is just making the seahawks waste time game planning a perceived weakness. They can say they are game-planning that he is 100% healthy. But im not buying it. They have given thought to it, and thats enough.

IF hes not fine, then they have the excuse card already well in play. On top of which, the pressure of winning is lowered a tad, making the game less stressful and they can play loose. Something they need to do.

A win-win for GB. Its a Bellichick type move and I approve of it.

Rodgers is hurt, he was hurt for two games prior, this isnt some ploy to lull teams (much less the Hawks) into thinking he isnt healthy.

Try moving to your right and notice the flex in your left calf, now move right and see the you can do it flat footed if you practice for a bit. Its consistent with when he moved well to the left, and poorly to the right. It could actually be viewed as a big distraction to the Packers, as Carroll isnt going to take it easy or change anything at all against the Pack come Sunday.

They got lucky last week against the Cowboys, and Rodgers being gimpy had a lot to do with them falling behind.

If its a ruse, its a terrible one.

jkitsune

Reaction score
PackerNation":3jkcr9y1 said:
jkitsune":3jkcr9y1 said:
Rodgers doesn't need two legs to beat you. While ultimately all I care about is beating the Packers, I don't think this will make a significant difference. Once he warmed up in the Cowboys game, Rodgers was nails, and I wouldn't be surprised if that happened again.

Well, it would certainly help, though! Seattle is not going to give us 2-3 quarters to warm up and get in the game. He'll have to come out playing well and play well for a full 4 quarters.

Still, I get that you want every advantage you possibly can. If Wilson had a torn calf and couldn't run, I wouldn't be upset about it. I would just hope he made a full recovery for next season.

As you say, I won't shed a tear that Rodgers wasn't completely healthy - I don't need to see first-hand how great he is. He can save those games for some other team, thank you very much.

The Hawks honestly have a bit of a habit of starting slow themselves, so I hope you're right and they don't give you guys that chance.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Mtgriz2244":1z32q8zn said:
No, I would not wish an injury on anyone no matter what. Personally I would like to see him fully healthy so when we win this next game there can be no doubt who the better team was.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Media would LOVE to see a Brady/Rodgers matchup. Unfortunately for them, they won't be getting that.
And the fact that many will hate that the Hawks are in the Super Bowl again makes my day.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Rodgers is unquestionably hurt and will be less than 100% for the game Sunday. The primary effect this will have on him is that he will be an immobile pocket passer who is still capable of beating you with his arm. In other words he will be Peyton Manning but with a stronger arm. It will be easier to defend him but not easy.

Latest posts