Okung Torn Ligament

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Seaswab":oh72t743 said:
Looked like he was just taking a step to me, nothing too odd about it

Having watched a few times, he goes up on his toes, and pushes off of them oddly. In part it was because he was engaged on a defender. He has a visible reaction to it.

hawker84

Reaction score
I'm going to assume the worst here. Turf toe, sprained legiment whatever, is not an injury you come back from in a couple weeks, certainly not at 300+ pounds. So what's the short or maybe long term answer?

CANHawk

Reaction score
I thought there was a pretty good chance we would see them bring back Frank Omiyale. he's just sitting on the couch right now as far as I know so he should be healthy. He looked great in spot duty last year IIRC. It's a little too late in the week to see him for the Jags, but maybe they can get him in before the Texans...

HawksFTW

Reaction score
McQ or Bailey I think are the answer, to both short and long term.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HawksFTW":2r42si3l said:

Pete talked about throwing him and Bowie out there because it's the only way they'll learn. McQuistan might start, but I wouldn't be totally shocked if Bailey finds his way into some playing time on Sunday.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2p25zca3 said:
HawksFTW":2p25zca3 said:

Pete talked about throwing him and Bowie out there because it's the only way they'll learn. McQuistan might start, but I wouldn't be totally shocked if Bailey finds his way into some playing time on Sunday.
Add in Okung visiting Dr. Andrews.....not looking good. Hopefully short term IR at the longest.

BelfastHawk

Reaction score
I worry it may be bad. Otherwise (if it was a two week job), why get a second opinion?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Its' basically the same injury as Pierre Garcon, remember last year, he finally made it backfor the Hawks playoff game.. took him 6 weeks.
Sean Lee, same thing.. 6 weeks b efore he could come back.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Bobblehead":ixnurdqg said:
Its' basically the same injury as Pierre Garcon, remember last year, he finally made it backfor the Hawks playoff game.. took him 6 weeks.
Sean Lee, same thing.. 6 weeks b efore he could come back.

Sean Lee had surgery and was out for the season.

gubernaculum

Reaction score
From what I've read, Based on the fact that he is looking into surgical options, he is probably dealing with larger Grade 3 injuries, such as:

A severe tear of the plantar complex
Fracture of the sesamoid
Vertical instability (unusual up and down motion) of the MTP joint
Loose bony chip in the joint
Damage to the cartilage of the joint

Based on the recovery time, if he requires surgery, I think he is back somewhere during the playoffs at the earliest. The thing with these injuries is that if they are not dealt with appropriately early on, they have a high chance of recurring and causing permanent or frequent recurring complications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts