Okung Torn Ligament

Status
Not open for further replies.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Without him there is a drop off. He could miss a few games but this week should be OK in getting a temp situation put together.

MQc couldn't have a better week to get better. RW will make adjustments too.

I thought Carp handled himself pretty well at guard considering the opposition.

ShaunPope

Reaction score
Is McQuistan really a better option at LT than Bailey or Bowie? McQuistan doesn't seem quick enough to be a T. Could we slide Breno to LT and have Bailey or Bowie play RT?

brettb3

Reaction score
Next man up. I'm honestly not that concerned about this. McQuistan played pretty well in the second half after getting worked in the first. That's pretty impressive considering he hadn't even practiced at the position up to that point. I have full faith that Cable will figure it out.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Breno is not a pass protector, I'd personally rather have Bailey at LT than Breno who is strictly a RT

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Yeah, Giacomini is a road-grader, but he'll "ole" his share of pass rushers. I actually am all for just throwing Bailey out there. IIRC, we had Omiyale out there for a game or two in the last two years, right? That went fine. So screw it, let's see what Bailey can do.

kf3339

Reaction score
McQuistan had almost no practice time or preseason game action at LT. After settling down he did okay. Give him a week of practice and going against the Jags to get right and we will be fine. Bailey can back him up and play against the Jags in the second half for real game experience.

We will have the Jag game sewn up by halftime. People just relax and enjoy the great win!

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
He'll be out at least 6 weeks prbably more like 8.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
its a HUGE deal. could cost us HFA and ultimately our Superbowl run.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Bailey looked good in preseason and with Cables know how and Zach Miller helping out we should be okay. Hand off to Marshawn, read option to slow down the rusher and roll Russell away from the pressure. Looks someone posted in the game day forum, "We Got This"

brimsalabim

Reaction score
not too good but its a toe. He could play through it if it was necessary. We don't even know the severity yet. A sprain is a torn ligament. It could require rest or it could require surgery. It will hurt but if this was a contract season he wouldn't miss more than a game with this.

It's maybe more bothersome because it's another non contact injury. The big guy pretty much sprained his toe by over shifting shifting his own girth.

Zowert

Reaction score
NOOO! The one position we have absolutely zero depth at! The FO really needs to spend this upcoming off season working on building the offensive line. Unless they want to replace Russell Wilson in a few seasons, after he takes a beating from constant hits due to our line leaking holes all game, all season long.

Zowert

Reaction score
kf3339":2rginihh said:
McQuistan had almost no practice time or preseason game action at LT. After settling down he did okay. Give him a week of practice and going against the Jags to get right and we will be fine. Bailey can back him up and play against the Jags in the second half for real game experience.

We will have the Jag game sewn up by halftime. People just relax and enjoy the great win!

I agree.. McQuistan was also lined up against one of the best pass rushers in the league on his first time playing LT in his career (as far as I know). His twin brother was once a starting OT for the Cowboys, so maybe he is genetically tuned to play any O-line position (minus center)... Hah.

CEHawk

Reaction score
That's amazing, I watched that over a few times and nothing happened to his foot!!! Argh Horrible news.

Zowert

Reaction score
ShaunPope":3jrerk2r said:
Is McQuistan really a better option at LT than Bailey or Bowie? McQuistan doesn't seem quick enough to be a T. Could we slide Breno to LT and have Bailey or Bowie play RT?

Yes, McQuistan is our best guard. He is actually pretty well-rounded. I remember at Weber State (where he played college ball, I walked on when he was going into his senior year) They would use Paul and Pat McQuistan all over the line. Depending on the team we were playing. I remember Idaho State having strong pass rushers on the weak side, so coach Mac moved the McQuistan brothers from RG and RT, to LT and LG [swapping a line around like this is pretty much only possible in FCS NCAA ball]. The crazy thing here, Pat was the RT but he played LG against Idaho State and Paul played LT. Not sure why this was done. I think it was simply to showcase their talent, as a lot of NFL scouts were coming to our games to check them out during their senior year. Scouts show up thinking they're scouting a good FCS level RG and RT, only too see them not only on the other end of the line but at swapped positions as well.. It impressed enough to get them drafted at least.

Its rare to have a Weber State Wildcat drafted into the NFL. Therefore it was important to show how versatile the McQuistan's were on the line. Paul has only played guard in his professional career, but i'm positive he can play LT, at least decently. He has MUCH more experience than Bailey and Bowie, he knows Cable's blocking scheme better than anyone on the line too.

Status
Not open for further replies.