Nominee for Seahawks' worst draft choice of 2014

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
None of the picks really bother me.

When I look at Staten's limited tape I see glimpses of what Red Bryant was prior to 2010. I also see similarities in both thier length, strength, big body and athleticism.

Staten's a leader and looks to have a good head on his shoulders to give everything he's got especially coming from a small school where this is probably an opportunity of a lifetime for him.

Like you said he might not make the practice squad but he'll compete, he'll make the guy in front of him better, and that guy in front of them, will make the guy in front of them better and so forth.

So, let them compete... not much downside looking at the bigger picture.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
DT Jimmy Staten
Staten had a rough day. He found himself pushed to the ground in pass rush drills repeatedly. He is not getting a ton of reps, and appears to be way down on the depth chart.

http://www.hawkblogger.com/2014/07/2014 ... -26th.html

FB Kiero Small
Small did not block well in the 1v1 pass rush drills today. If he is not going to be a great pass blocker, his chances of making the team are very small, even if he is a good lead blocker.

So far, WR Kevin Norwood has looked like the biggest draft day steal, followed by DL Cassius Marsh. Kevin Pierre-Louis has had some solid moments, flashing his athleticism, along with speedy WR Paul Richardson and OL Justin Britt.

Here is how I would current rank these draft selections:

1. WR Kevin Norwood (4th Round, 123 overall)- Deadly on jump balls with great hands and catching radius.
2. DL Cassius Marsh (4th Round, 108 overall)- Versatility to play inside or outside, solid arsenal of pass rushing moves.
3. WR Paul Richardson (2nd Round, 45 overall)- Elite second gear to stretch the field but not elite in jump ball situations or escaping the jam.
4. Kevin Pierre-Louis (4th Round, 132 overall)- Schneider seems to have nailed all three moves in the Fourth Round. KPL's athleticism appears to be a perfect fit with this LB corps.
5, OL Justin Britt (2nd Round, 64 overall)- Struggles in pass protection but has a powerful base that makes him a weapon in the running game. His best position may eventually be inside at guard.
All five of these players have looked like strong choices. The next four players have not done much yet.

kearly

Reaction score
I really hope to be wrong, but I suspect that when we look back in three years the bust of this Seahawks draft will be Justin Britt. I like the player, but his issues in pass pro are going to be very difficult to correct. Dude gets ragdolled by strong pass rushers, it's hard for a 315 pound player fix that.

HansGruber

Reaction score
kearly":7v8jgqpw said:
I really hope to be wrong, but I suspect that when we look back in three years the bust of this Seahawks draft will be Justin Britt. I like the player, but his issues in pass pro are going to be very difficult to correct. Dude gets ragdolled by strong pass rushers, it's hard for a 315 pound player fix that.
Grooooooan... What's the deal with our inability to draft OL? We REALLY need to get Russell some help up there or he won't make it through his first contract.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Also what's the deal with idiots who always have to slam a thread? Nobody cares so keep your whiny girl crying to yourselves. I like the topic. It's interesting. A lot more interesting than some self-important grump crying about someone else's thread