No Respect

calhawkfan

Reaction score
I was just reading the laughable season picks over at CBS Sports, and I am completely baffled by the lack of respect the Hawks get. From Peter King saying they won't win just because it hasn't been done in 10 years, to that moron Pete Prisco being himself convinces me no education is required to be a sports writer. I just want to know if Peyton Manning and Aaron Rogers pay these tools directly, or if CBS actually signs the checks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
calhawkfan":1l9lzr3v said:
I was just reading the laughable season picks over at CBS Sports, and I am completely baffled by the lack of respect the Hawks get. From Peter King saying they won't win just because it hasn't been done in 10 years, to that moron Pete Prisco being himself convinces me no education is required to be a sports writer. I just want to know if Peyton Manning and Aaron Rogers pay these tools directly, or if CBS actually signs the checks.
Not worried about these national idiots. They are all pissed Seattle proved all of them wrong last year so these Einstein's are doubling down on their stupidity! Nothing better then to watch fools continue to make fools out of themselves, look at it as entertainment! 8)

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Yes, in the same article in which King calls the Seahawks the best team he's seen this offseason and the best team in the league, he has the gall to suggest that the odds are against them accomplishing something that's only been done a handful of times throughout the entire history of the SB. Such disrespect from that bastard.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
calhawkfan":3olpcqw3 said:
I suppose you think Sherman, Baldwin, Wilson, Bennett, Earl and others are illiterate and not using this ignorance as fuel for a run for the ages?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1zco4wgy said:
Yes, in the same article in which King calls the Seahawks the best team he's seen this offseason and the best team in the league, he has the gall to suggest that the odds are against them accomplishing something that's only been done a handful of times throughout the entire history of the SB. Such disrespect from that bastard.

Haters are going to hate! There is nothing that we here on .net can say that will make them think differently. We had the pleasure last February of folding our hands and say, "We told you so". Right now....we appear unstoppable. If we can stay injury free......let the opposition beware!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1dck9xnz said:

That's a more cogent argument than King has ever offered.

It's still not disrespect; Peter King is just plain old fashioned lazy.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Its definitely surprising not one of them picked the Seahawks to even make it to the super bowl. Let alone win it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3imn3xsf said:
volsunghawk":3imn3xsf said:

That's a more cogent argument than King has ever offered.

It's still not disrespect; Peter King is just plain old fashioned lazy.
That's why I used to refer to him as the Homer J Simpson of sportswriters! 8)

Cartire

Reaction score
I read Kings piece earlier today. I was a bit thrown off on it. He says he thinks we are the best team. He says were the best team hes seen this offseason. But because the last 8 superbowl winners didnt win a playoff game. He somehow builds a correlation from that. As if, its not the quality of the team. But the fact that it doesnt happen often.

We know this. No one denies that its a rare thing. But, besides greenbays 15-1 and done season, none of the other teams were viewed as the best going into the season. Their not returning, was less of a surprise.

What makes me laugh is, he says hes picking someone else, soley because of this. But if he thinks were the best, then that must mean that his superbowl winner pick, is the 2nd best team in the league (by his standards). What a weird way to make a pick.

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's just lazy journalism. Look at King; it looks like the only thing he can muster energy for is stuffing more food in his pie hole. Seriously, what does the Patriot team, or any team that has repeated before them have to do with the Seahawks now? Those teams don't play our competition, they don't play with our personnel, hell they weren't playing with the rules we have either. It has no bearing at all, yet they will use history as a specific indicator.

Yes, it's hard, but citing any previous teams as references is about as dumb as citing past history of short QB's without looking at Russell Wilson's specific character traits and physical talents, which they all did. Wait, I fell into that trap at first too. :34853_doh:

I love the disrespect card though. It's the best thing to fuel our players.

kearly

Reaction score
The playoffs are heavily luck based, that is the biggest reason repeats have been so rare.

But when you have a team that hasn't lost a home playoff game in 10 years and is expected to earn HFA, that changes the equation somewhat.

RyPants

Reaction score
Not sure I agree with the notion that picking another team somehow equates to disrespecting us. The bottom line is that we're in the toughest division in the toughest conference, with one of the most difficult schedules trying to do the most difficult thing there is to do in sports. The best team doesn't always win, guys - in fact it rarely does. I like our team's odds stacked up against any other, but some guys are going to pick someone else. Big deal.

Is it next Thursday yet?

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I still don't understand why some fans get worked up over this. Besides, the hawks have been getting plenty of respect from people across the country.

We are the best team and we know it. Thats what matters. The hawks will go out and prove it just like they did last year.

Another thing, repeats ARE difficult and rare. In fact its rare enough that even intelligent people could go against the best team repeating as champs. If it wasn't the hawks that we're talking about and someone offered me even money that the defending champs wouldn't repeat I would take that bet. No disrespect to the champs but thats a safe bet.

But since it is the Hawks, im gonna sit back and enjoy the repeat.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
JFC, that's pathetic.

The responses from you, not the perceived lack of respect. What a bunch of Harbaughs. Sad.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I agree. Whole lotta harbaughing going on here. King lazy? Guy is one of the most thoughful and dedicated guys in his business. But hey he correctly doesn't favor the odds. So lets make a fat joke and then start weeping about respect. . . That takes effort and hard work!

act like you've been there before, guys. Cuz unlike any other season, you have.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Power rankings and predictions are for entertainment purposes only in the NFL. They are fun to complain about but ultimately meaningless. If this was college football where a committee votes to put you in a four team playoff (which is only slightly less idiotic than the BCS) I'd be concerned.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Personally, I'm pretty much over the 'No Respect' mantra Seahawks most Seahawks fans seem to like to spout off about. It's weak.

Latest posts