No polar vortex predicted for Green Bay

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
7 day forecast has it cool and mostly dry. Cool by Northwest standards - highs low 30s, lows in upper 20s. For Greenbay in mid January that is a heat wave. Weather should not be a factor, and in fact for Football almost ideal.

ptisme

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":k90rzqkc said:
7 day forecast has it cool and mostly dry. Cool by Northwest standards - highs low 30s, lows in upper 20s. For Greenbay in mid January that is a heat wave. Weather should not be a factor, and in fact for Football almost ideal.
Agreed.. Not unlike what you might see in Seattle this time of year... It's been a mild winter in NE WI this year...

chris98251

Reaction score
We will bring our own cold weather gear, after the Minnesota game we don't rely on another team to take care of us, we should be fine.

sutz

Reaction score
As long as it's dry, cold shouldn't be a factor. Is the field one of those heated ones so it doesn't get rock hard?

I'm liking getting a break in the weather, although things can change in a week.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
sutz":2f7ey93w said:
As long as it's dry, cold shouldn't be a factor. Is the field one of those heated ones so it doesn't get rock hard?

I'm liking getting a break in the weather, although things can change in a week.

Yes the field is heated.

kf3339

Reaction score
Sounds like weather will not be an issue. Good.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":uyyfp506 said:

It can be a lot worse than that in Green Bay Wisconsin in January. That sound like excellent weather given what it could be.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ecyx0ud said:
Weather is a lot more predictable in the midwest, so hopefully this forecast stays accurate.

It can turn really fast up there too. I have some relatives in the Midwest. A forecast 1 weed out is not always accurate. A lot of changes could happen. 3 days out forecast maybe. 2 days out forecast would be more accurate. 1 day out forecast you could count on. In the upper Midwest it can turn and be unpredictable especially in the winter. The forecast may well be true. But 1 week out is a long time in that region this time of year. When it gets close we will see what the forecast says then.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":12w56xk4 said:
RolandDeschain":12w56xk4 said:
Weather is a lot more predictable in the midwest, so hopefully this forecast stays accurate.

It can turn really fast up there too. I have some relatives in the Midwest. A forecast 1 weed out is not always accurate. A lot of changes could happen. 3 days out forecast maybe. 2 days out forecast would be more accurate. 1 day out forecast you could count on. In the upper Midwest it can turn and be unpredictable especially in the winter. The forecast may well be true. But 1 week out is a long time in that region this time of year. When it gets close we will see what the forecast says then.
I lived in rural Wisconsin through all of the 90s. The natives would be surprised if a three-day forecast ended up not being accurate. Compared to the PNW, at least, weather is RIDICULOUSLY predictable there. Weather can obviously turn on a dime anywhere, but the frequency of that is much more rare in Wisconsin than in the PNW.

On the other hand, Seattlites aren't even surprised if tomorrow morning's forecast turns out to be wrong.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2qrcy6un said:
SanDiego49er":2qrcy6un said:
RolandDeschain":2qrcy6un said:

I lived in rural Wisconsin through all of the 90s. The natives would be surprised if a three-day forecast ended up not being accurate. Compared to the PNW, at least, weather is RIDICULOUSLY predictable there. Weather can obviously turn on a dime anywhere, but the frequency of that is much more rare in Wisconsin than in the PNW.

On the other hand, Seattlites aren't even surprised if tomorrow morning's forecast turns out to be wrong.

A 3 day forecast is a lot better than 1 week out. No doubt about that. But 1 week is somewhat unpredictable. That's too far out to say. 3 days probably. 1 - 2 days out what they tell you on the forecast is very highly likely for that part of the country. We will know when it gets closer. My guess would be that it will be cold but not as brutal cold as it could possibly be. Which is obviously good for you.

What part of WI did you live in? I have some relatives in the area. I just wondered.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":1oa2yn9d said:
A 3 day forecast is a lot better than 1 week out. No doubt about that. But 1 week is somewhat unpredictable. That's too far out to say. 3 days probably. 1 - 2 days out what they tell you on the forecast is very highly likely for that part of the country. We will know when it gets closer. My guess would be that it will be cold but not as brutal cold as it could possibly be. Which is obviously good for you.

What part of WI did you live in? I have some relatives in the area. I just wondered.
A small town called Marshall, 20 miles east of Madison. If you're curious about my thoughts on Wisconsin...check the thread I made earlier tonight in the shack, lol. I'm sorry you have relatives there. ;)

Also just for the record I'm not saying predictions from seven days out are accurate there, I just know from experience that it's less likely to be inaccurate than a seven-day prediction for Seattle, unless one wants to just go with the generic and always true in winter "40s with light rain and overcast skies" prediction. :)

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":21rizd9a said:
SanDiego49er":21rizd9a said:

A small town called Marshall, 20 miles east of Madison. If you're curious about my thoughts on Wisconsin...check the thread I made earlier tonight in the shack, lol. I'm sorry you have relatives there. ;)

Also just for the record I'm not saying predictions from seven days out are accurate there, I just know from experience that it's less likely to be inaccurate than a seven-day prediction for Seattle, unless one wants to just go with the generic and always true in winter "40s with light rain and overcast skies" prediction. :)

I go to Madison all the time. Especially for Badgers Football games. It's the most fun town IMO. The state capital and the University of Wisconsin. I like the UW terrace by the lake where you can sit and have drinks and look at the lake. It's very fun there. I don't feel sorry to have relatives and friends there. I actually enjoy visiting there very much. I always have fun back that way. I go mostly to Milwaukee and Madison but sometimes Green Bay and other places. Honestly I think it's a pretty cool place and the people in the Midwest are really friendly somewhat like the stereotype. They are pretty good people. Yes they have a weather problem there. Obviously that's the case. It's very cold in the winter. But the people are cool and laid back and nice. Also the cost of living is quite frankly cheap compared to living on the coasts. Housing is dirt cheap there. You can get a huge house and giant yard for like 1/3 the price of here in southern CA. Probably a lot less than Seattle too. It's really not all bad there. Great friendly people, cheap cost of living and it's a fun place of you have the right relatives and friends around.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The smallest city you just listed still has over 100,000 people. I lived in a town of 2,000 people at the time. When you're too young to have a driver's license, that is horrible.

Visiting there and living there are two different things. There's also more racism in WI than I've ever seen in Florida, Arizona, or Washington. (Those being the other three states I've lived in for meaningful amounts of time.)

I know how cheap land is there...but incomes are also a lot lower.

We definitely won't be seeing eye-to-eye on that state, lol.

ptisme

Reaction score
FWIW, yes meteorologists catch a lot of flack for inaccuracy.. However please note..... If they are off its on the precipitation portion of the forecast.. Temperature is much more accurate... If they are calling for 30's that's probably what's going to happen... It's the precipitation portion that could always change

Latest posts