Niners vs Cowboys

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2v1xii1x said:
Popeyejones":2v1xii1x said:
Independent events, my man.

That said, for the real world application you have to ask yourself if there's greater or less than a 0.07% chance that the wheel is broken or rigged. So, if you're at the Wynn bet on whatever the hell you want, bit if you're in a back alley in Tijuana you might want to think about betting on black (non-independance of events). In neither context would you predict a red, though. :)
I was actually thinking about chaos theory and the randomness you tend to see in roulette "streaks" in regards to the question posed. :) Yes, the spins are independent. Doesn't change the fact that you see a few of one color then a few of the other alternating FAR more than you see 10 of either color in a row, despite identical statistical likelihood of both outcomes. Know what I'm saying?

Nerds... :)

Marvin49

Reaction score
Melencause":1bxdcqta said:
Marvin49":1bxdcqta said:
Laloosh..I applaud the effort, but its really pointless. Goalpost keeps moving. Niners were stuffed and then when numbers say otherwise he says they weren't as impressive as they SHOULD have been. Anytime you provide a fact or a stat he just refuses to acknowledge the statistic and says you've provided nothing.

IE, he makes a statement (Niners were stuffed, time of possession an indicator of underperformance) and then when you thoroughly discredit the notion he moves the argument on you and says that was the argument all along. Its like nailing down Jello.

Even when fans of his own team challenge him he refuses to give in because he refuses to admit he's wrong.

I know you are doing it for you and certainly not for me, but I appreciate it nonetheless. He's just a lost cause. He will most likely go into another load of BS about this post that will be full of assumptions that he'll call facts and then say all of us can't comprehend what he's saying. He'll be right too. We can't comprehend nonsense.

You can claim you have facts...but facts doesn't mean you have evidence. No goal posts have been moved you just failed to properly identify what the goal posts were from the beginning. Its pathetic really :( Aristotle is rolling over in his grave with your improper use of logical fallacy.

Time of possession is a definite indicator of under performance of at least one side of your team , can you guess which? Can you guess how it varies on a throw first or a run first team? Am I arguing with a toddler?

I can't control your inability to read or think. Make a logical point and we can have a discussion you are just providing inane banter at this point.

I made a reasonable observation based on what I saw in a game. You tried to tell me my opinion was wrong with insufficient evidence.

See what I mean? Even managed to call me a toddler AND incapable of reading or thought.

Melencause

Reaction score
Marvin49":3kwtoe95 said:
Melencause":3kwtoe95 said:
Marvin49":3kwtoe95 said:
Laloosh..I applaud the effort, but its really pointless. Goalpost keeps moving. Niners were stuffed and then when numbers say otherwise he says they weren't as impressive as they SHOULD have been. Anytime you provide a fact or a stat he just refuses to acknowledge the statistic and says you've provided nothing.

IE, he makes a statement (Niners were stuffed, time of possession an indicator of underperformance) and then when you thoroughly discredit the notion he moves the argument on you and says that was the argument all along. Its like nailing down Jello.

Even when fans of his own team challenge him he refuses to give in because he refuses to admit he's wrong.

I know you are doing it for you and certainly not for me, but I appreciate it nonetheless. He's just a lost cause. He will most likely go into another load of BS about this post that will be full of assumptions that he'll call facts and then say all of us can't comprehend what he's saying. He'll be right too. We can't comprehend nonsense.

You can claim you have facts...but facts doesn't mean you have evidence. No goal posts have been moved you just failed to properly identify what the goal posts were from the beginning. Its pathetic really :( Aristotle is rolling over in his grave with your improper use of logical fallacy.

Time of possession is a definite indicator of under performance of at least one side of your team , can you guess which? Can you guess how it varies on a throw first or a run first team? Am I arguing with a toddler?

I can't control your inability to read or think. Make a logical point and we can have a discussion you are just providing inane banter at this point.

I made a reasonable observation based on what I saw in a game. You tried to tell me my opinion was wrong with insufficient evidence.

See what I mean? Even managed to call me a toddler AND incapable of reading or thought.

Back up your claims lol. How did I move goalposts? You do realize your entire post was an attempt to discredit me...and then you complain about a response? Maybe you should read what you have written. You discredit... but you don't back it off... its childish... but yes probably more representative of a teenager and not a toddler.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Melencause":729sw17d said:
Marvin49":729sw17d said:
Melencause":729sw17d said:
Marvin49":729sw17d said:

Back up your claims lol. How did I move goalposts? You do realize your entire post was an attempt to discredit me...and then you complain about a response? Maybe you should read what you have written. You discredit... but you don't back it off... its childish... but yes probably more representative of a teenager and not a toddler.

I've already backed them up. So far as I can tell, you are the only one incapable/unwilling to see that. Go read them again. I'm done here. I have no interest in further debating a condescending internet troll.

Peace.

Melencause

Reaction score
Marvin49":1be6uzj7 said:
I've already backed them up. So far as I can tell, you are the only one incapable/unwilling to see that. Go read them again. I'm done here. I have no interest in further debating a condescending internet troll.

Peace.

But you didn't..... you cherry picked drives....and tried to claim Romo's idiocy as a 49er strength. It like willful deceit, or willing ignorance.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2aso1ote said:
Laloosh":2aso1ote said:
Shouldn't you be listening to Meat Loaf or something? :mrgreen:
I listened to some Meat Loaf just a few hours ago, matter of fact, and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Got a problem? *starts reaching for a shotgun*

I know you want me to run like a bat out of hell and I would do anything for love, but I won't do that.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":2s8r435f said:
RolandDeschain":2s8r435f said:
Laloosh":2s8r435f said:
Shouldn't you be listening to Meat Loaf or something? :mrgreen:
I listened to some Meat Loaf just a few hours ago, matter of fact, and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Got a problem? *starts reaching for a shotgun*

I know you want me to run like a bat out of hell and I would do anything for love, but I won't do that.

...I see what you did there....

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
So many good Meatloaf songs, now that we've successfully derailed this thread. "Paradise by the dashboard light" was a good one, as well as "Objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are." But I think my favorite Meatloaf song was "If the warning light illuminates, even though the oil level is correct, do not start the engine and seek professional assistance."

Laloosh

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3bb9ztrc said:
So many good Meatloaf songs, now that we've successfully derailed this thread. "Paradise by the dashboard light" was a good one, as well as "Objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are." But I think my favorite Meatloaf song was "If the warning light illuminates, even though the oil level is correct, do not start the engine and seek professional assistance."

I was a fan of, "if an erection lasts for more than four hours, seek the assistance of a doctor".

Jacklondon36

Reaction score
i saw quite a few red shirts in the crowd for that game. Also heard a lot of booing the few seconds before end of first half.

A

Anonymous

Seahawk Sailor":1jflfhg3 said:

My favorite is, "Sailor should stick to sci-fi writing cuz he sucks at song titling".

The guitar playing is amazing.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Melencause":21ir8k6w said:
You tried to tell me my opinion was wrong with insufficient evidence.

Another new member! Welcome to the board friend! The board is growing so fast lately, I haven't been able to participate much lately, so I missed your intro. Are you in the area? There are a lot of get togethers within the community. Maybe you can show up to one.

Wow, you really get to work fast! No issues with that. Opinions are what they are, not court proceedings. No evidence required.

[emoji1]

Melencause

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3o56p6yj said:
Melencause":3o56p6yj said:
You tried to tell me my opinion was wrong with insufficient evidence.

Another new member! Welcome to the board friend! The board is growing so fast lately, I haven't been able to participate much lately, so I missed your intro. Are you in the area? There are a lot of get togethers within the community. Maybe you can show up to one.

Wow, you really get to work fast! No issues with that. Opinions are what they are, not court proceedings. No evidence required.

[emoji1]

I like healthy debate. =) Evidence still support opinions/theories/observations however #science.

Ya I live in Seattle, Capitol hill moved there back in '11. There is an intro page?