Niners favored Over Bucs foe week 14,

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
The Bucs are trash. All their wins are ref aided and scripted for Brady. It’s amazing they’ve managed to stay around .500 for the year

Marvin49

Reaction score
I don't expect Purdy to play like he did last week. I'd expect an NFL DC like Bowles to have a better gameplan for him than Miami did after being able to watch game film.

I wouldn't be shocked to see TB win this one.

knownone

Reaction score
The idea that Purdy will step in and there won't be any drop-off feels incredibly disrespectful to Jimmy. The Niners went 3-7 without Jimmy in 2020 with a reasonably talented team, so what's different here?

The Bucs are not great. But I think the two teams are pretty evenly matched, all things considered.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I didn't know he was injury prone when I thought we should get him last offseason.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Why wouldn't they be?
They are at home & Tampa Brady scored 3 points in the first 57 minutes against a defense not even on the same level as SF's. I don't see SF's defense imploding like that & Purdy looked fine against a good Miami team too.
It's not like they're favored by double digits or something. They're favored by a FG so that seems fine.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Dolphins pressured Purdy relentlessly and he dealt with it pretty well, maybe better than JG would have. He's a 7'th rounder for a reason (size, average college arm) but his good pocket awareness and ability to go through progressions suggests he can manage the game and minimize mistakes (very small sample size though). Probably Tampa Bay will stack the box, rush 4 and try to confuse him with different coverages since blitzing was suprisingly ineffective.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
The idea that Purdy will step in and there won't be any drop-off feels incredibly disrespectful to Jimmy. The Niners went 3-7 without Jimmy in 2020 with a reasonably talented team, so what's different here?

The Bucs are not great. But I think the two teams are pretty evenly matched, all things considered.
The system is made for running the ball. Their quarterbacks aren’t asked to do much so it might even be an improvement somewhat. Jimmy’s lack of arm talent is masked by Kyle’s play calling and scheme

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Brock Purdy released in 1.78 seconds to Kittle. He did that with Juice and kittle and deebo and mccafFrey under a Dolphins blitz. Donte Whitner says he’s what the 9ers we’re looking for in Lance.

Marvin49

Reaction score

I actually agree.

I like Purdy but I think the idea that they won't miss a beat without Jimmy at QB is false. Even if he ends up the second coming of Brady (he won't), it takes time.

In many ways he's the anti-Lance and I don't mean that as a slight on Lance.

What I mean is that he's physically limited with a TON of starting experience in college. Lance is the exact opposite.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I agree with what Joe Montana said. Don’t make the game complicated at qb. Keep it handoffs and short passes with sometimes a medium one. That was all Purdy had to do against Miami. The defense took care of Tua.

Having watched the Miami game, Im a bit more afraid of Purdy, actually.

Threedee

Reaction score