Niners Fan Places $65,000 parlay bet.

IcedHawk

Reaction score
rlkats":3idbrkg2 said:
Man I would love to have that money. Im glad he has the ability to piss of that kind of cash if he losses the bet. damn jackass
I don't think he can... He said that was pretty much everything he had.

seahawks08

Reaction score
bestfightstory":38y0gsif said:
http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/11/5/5069288/49ers-vs-panthers-odds-fan-parlays-sf-car-with-cin-bal-in-ballsy-dumb

its a ballsy bet but I think he will make his money. 49ers after a bye and coaches game planning definitely has an edge over Panthers. NFC west better live up to expectations.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":1sxk4vwv said:
If the bengals win by one point he still wins?
Cincy merely has to win. The 49ers have to win by 6 points or more. If EITHER of those fail to happen, he loses all of his money.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1o0zjay8 said:
CaptainSkybeard":1o0zjay8 said:
Cincy merely has to win. The 49ers have to win by 6 points or more. If EITHER of those fail to happen, he loses all of his money.

Incorrect.

The Bengals are favored by 1.
The Niners are favored by 6.

For him to win this bet The Bengals must win by 2 or greater AND the 49ers must win by 7points or greater.

If the Bengals OR Niners win by exactly 1 or 6 respectively, then that 'leg' of the parlay is considered a "push" meaning 'no action' on that leg of the parlay/bet and the remaining game is still 'live' but at different odds.(-110).

If either of the two 'legs' of the parlay fails, the bettor loses all of his bet.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Anybody on .net ever hit big on a parlay? I haven't ever made a parlay bet.

mikeak

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1fzed91p said:
RolandDeschain":1fzed91p said:
CaptainSkybeard":1fzed91p said:

Incorrect.

The Bengals are favored by 1.
The Niners are favored by 6.

For him to win this bet The Bengals must win by 2 or greater AND the 49ers must win by 7points or greater.

If the Bengals OR Niners win by exactly 1 or 7 respectively, then that 'leg' of the parlay is considered a "push" meaning 'no action' on that leg of the parlay/bet and the remaining game is still 'live' but at different odds.(-110).

If either of the two 'legs' of the parlay fails, the bettor loses all of his bet.

You forgot the "at least this is how my friend explained it to me but I never bet so I might be wrong" :)

And to the other post had a buddy send me a scanned ticket of a parlay earlier this year before it happened. Put $200 in - hit a 6 team parlay for about $3k

Personally I have a history of lots of large parlay's - just waiting for the day when I hit one of them

nsport

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1bclket7 said:
JGfromtheNW":1bclket7 said:
MANUNITED23":1bclket7 said:
If you think about it the actual bet itself isn't bad but the amount of money this guy betting is crazy. Why would someone wager all of their money on football games, especially NFL.

I think that betting on that spread for the 9ers is stupid. I think it's a game that could easily come down to 3 points or less.

Absolutely agree. Some may not realize that this guy loses all the money if any of these things happen: Baltimore wins or the 49ers lose or win by less than six points.

And the Niners game has all the makings of a field goal game to me. One way or the other.

Couldn't agree more... I mean there something to be said about "dancing with the fat chick that brought you" - but this is redonk. I would look for a serious mistake on the betting board and bet one game at a time, probably reduce my risk by splitting it over 4 or 5 games. A parlay is a sucker bet - the only time to do it is if you are short on bankroll and two games are playing at the precise same time. This guy is clearly nuts.

Largent80

Reaction score
He is a fool, and wasn't there a song by Badfinger that had a line "fool and his money"?

I think he will solve that problem with that bet because that money is gone. :lol:

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
"If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss....

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!"

--Rudyard Kipling, "If"

mikeak

Reaction score
He couldn't even bet without talking about it. Pretty sure he won't be quiet after he losses his money so quote won't apply :)

irocdave

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1881ic6d said:
Oh look another 49er thread.....lol

Amazing how 49er fans think the hawks are not a rival and wonder aloud why Hawk fans wander in to their forums. Yet, visit those same forums and look at how many Seahawk related threads or being started and responded to by SF fans. Hell how many Hawk STICKY threads are there on SF forums? How many 49er fans mention the Hawks as the most hated team, how many threads are dedicated to Sherman and Wilson on SF forums?
Get off your soap box, you weren't even a fan when the 49ers were relevant. Yes I said it. The NFL did their best to make them relevant for a decade but the Hawks got in the way. Seattle wasn't given a choice to change conferences, but it made sense. Maybe the NFC west was piss poor before the hawks were forced to become a member? Maybe the 49rs of yore were similar to the Patriots of the 2000's, fortunate to play in a really weak division when they won their SB's?

Yes they made it to the SB last year and they were a very solid squad, but....if it weren't for that power outage that game would have been a total beat down. Similar to the last couple of games against the Hawks. Don't forget that SF home game against the Hawks was decided on a dropped pass by a Hawks running back going down the sideline...not to mention several other critical drops earlier.

Should have read the entire thread but didn't. Carry on with trying to stir the pot....LOL?

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
irodave,

The whole "oh look another 49er thread" comment was a joke, pretty sure I cleared that up on page 1. Not sure if that's what you meant by "Should have read the entire thread but didn't. Carry on with trying to stir the pot....LOL?"

You really need to stop generalizing, like Hawk fans we all do not think alike. Of course our two team are rivals, but for us old school fans that are used to the Rams being our biggest rivals we're a bit slower at coming around to the idea of it.

As far as fans on each other fans bases posting on each others forums, that too seems to be a close competition. And I for one never claimed anything to the contrary. Again you generalized.

I really dont see, how a joke (see first line above) constitutes being on a "soap box"?

How do you know how long I have been a fan? You don't know me from Adam. This time you're presuming to know me.

"The NFL did their best to make them relevant for a decade but the Hawks got in the way." Is this another conspiracy theory? In that time period the Hawks weren't in anybody's way, AFC or NFC. Ok so Seattle wasn't given the choice to change to the NFC west. So tell me about what your team did the 26 years that your team was in the AFC since that time period accounts for about 70% of your teams existance. And if the NFC West was such a piss poor division before the Hawks got here why did the AFC lose to us in the those 5 Super Bowls? Oh sorry I forgot it was an "NFL conspriracy", my bad moving on. Since your team and the AFC were clearly (in your eyes) the superior conference. Then why have you not won a SB, before or since joining the NFC West? Again since the NFC West is such a "piss poor" division.

Your whole comment about our recent trip to the Super Bowl is laughable, what do you think are you some kind of fortune teller? If you are you should be playing the lottery, not here presuming to know what the outcome of any given game would have been. You win some you lose some, you being the dedicated Hawk fan that you are should know all about losing in the SB, but I bet you slapped all your fellow fans on the back and ackwoledged the accomplishment, because getting to the SB is quite the accomplishment.

And the first game against the Hawks last year, kinda like your first game this year, not a pretty win but a win is a win. And after the last two wins you have gotten, and the teams you beat, I wouldn't be trying to down play anyones wins.

Consider the pot stirred.....LOL?

rideaducati

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2iqlqq01 said:
For Christ's sake, hwktwn, don't be a douche. This is an interesting article regardless of what fan base the bettor is a fan of. The fact that it's newsworthy has nothing to do with him being a 49ers fan, that piece of information is merely making us all wish that he'll lose it.

Also, if ever I saw a trap game for you guys this year, it's the Panthers one. They are NOT to be underestimated.

I think it's more of a trap game for Carolina.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
rideaducati":1se3c3ri said:
RolandDeschain":1se3c3ri said:
For Christ's sake, hwktwn, don't be a douche. This is an interesting article regardless of what fan base the bettor is a fan of. The fact that it's newsworthy has nothing to do with him being a 49ers fan, that piece of information is merely making us all wish that he'll lose it.

Also, if ever I saw a trap game for you guys this year, it's the Panthers one. They are NOT to be underestimated.

I think it's more of a trap game for Carolina.

A trap game for the team that's the underdog AND on the road...?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3m1qapn4 said:
Incorrect.
You learn something new every day, as is commonly said. Thanks for the correction, didn't realize that. I was wrong. When I go to Vegas, it's to play table games. :)

JGfromtheNW":3m1qapn4 said:
A trap game for the team that's the underdog AND on the road...?
That's what I thought too, lol. Not sure it's possible for it to be a "trap game" for Carolina in these circumstances?

Axx

Reaction score
The panthers are hot right now.
I wouldn't be surprised if they won. But there is no way they cover the spread. This is why you never bet on the team you root for.