NFLs preseason defensive rankings

SlimHawk80

Reaction score
I like the list. Good find! I love this team, our players and front office. I am also finding myself rooting for the Bengals, as for the Bears, IMO they are placed a little high on the list?

13thMan

Reaction score
SlimHawk80":3s0ddlic said:
I like the list. Good find! I love this team, our players and front office. I am also finding myself rooting for the Bengals, as for the Bears, IMO they are placed a little high on the list?

I would agree.... I don't see how the Bears can be that high.... that stuck out to me immediately also, a quick "WTF?" lol....

Erebus

Reaction score
Why can't the Bears be that high? They didn't finish great, but well into the season their defense was historically great. They are getting old at some key spots, but they are still very talented.

I don't agree with seeing the Dolphins that high. I'd put them below the Texans.

13thMan

Reaction score
Yes, RE: Bears, I was referring more to their age than anything... Plus, they did have some suspect showings last year. I think they will probably miss Urlacher's leadership as well.... just a guess though.

formido

Reaction score
CANHawk":17yoznvj said:
Stupid east coast bias!

As a rough rule of thumb, I'd bet point spreads do a pretty good job of reflecting media bias. Including preseason and play-off games, the Seahawks are 19-5 against the spread when Russell Wilson is QB.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I love our team, but we haven't done anything yet. Beaten up on teams in preseason. It's great, but let's see how we fare in the first few weeks.

13thMan

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":1h1gwmx2 said:
I love our team, but we haven't done anything yet. Beaten up on teams in preseason. It's great, but let's see how we fare in the first few weeks.

Blasphemy!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Interesting. If what this article turns out to be true, then NFC West is going to be a tough defense division. All the teams are in top 11. It's also surprising to see some of the teams in the bottom of the rankings - teams like the Redskins, Eagles, Bucs, Colts, and Titans. These teams built their reps on tough defenses. How the mighty have fallen.

madbohem

Reaction score
who knows what it all pans out to be by seasons end. its not something we can really know.

I do think that the article misses a bit with trying to downplay the excitement defense gives a fan. I have always been attracted to the defensive game over the offense as a whole.

I do think the NFC West has 4 serious defenses for the rest of the NFL to contend with. I think Miami is going to be tough, I think the Texans sink. And the bears, ravens, and broncos are in a year where rebuilding the defense is going to be key going into 2014. At least that is what I think.

Latest posts