NFL fans want Sherm on cover of Madden 15

Cartire

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2rw9uy1p said:
Cartire":2rw9uy1p said:
RolandDeschain":2rw9uy1p said:
C-HAWK84":2rw9uy1p said:
Tell that to Shaun Alexander after he graced the 2007 cover...
Yeah, a curse is the reason why he fell off. Not a combination of injury, not being as good as he looked behind our all-world line in the first place, and losing Hutchinson.

:roll:

The curse doesn't have to do with lack of production. Sean got hurt after the cover. That's what the cover did. It got you injured. His fall off was due to the line and injury.

Per the curse, his injury was due to the cover.

Do you seriously believe that if they would have put someone else on the cover, Shaun would have never gotten injured? Really?

Of course not. What a stupid question. Curses are nothing more then heavy coincidences. Which kinda makes them cool when the coincediences happen. Of course there is not some outside force causing this. But the correlation is pretty neat in this instance. I have no objection to a hawk on the cover.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":22a1adgt said:
I hope Sherman wins it then has a career year and we win the Super Bowl again just so I can rub it in all your guys' faces for being so naively superstitious.

I got your back, Sherm.
:13:

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
We all know Manning's going to get the cover. Greatest offense in history, TD record, blah, blah, blah. I would say he's more marketable, but I really doubt anyone buys Madden for the cover anyway.

Or buys Madden...

Except for the $100 Sunday Ticket....

Or needs that July football fix after trolling .NET religiously.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":j49fmsup said:
MrCarey":j49fmsup said:
I hope Sherm gets it AND we get on Hard Knocks.
That might kill poor Blitzer!! You sure you want that?
Luckily, the 'Hawks are exempt from Hard Knocks. They turned down an offer last year and they'll likely turn it down again. Mike Rob is all I need for behind the scenes footage.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
There's a scientific explanation for why players on the Madden cover play poorly the next year. It's called coincidence.

Either that, or some players let all the publicity go to their head...but I don't buy that because most players that have been featured on the cover of Madden games were exposed to publicity for years and were used to being considered a great player.

Besides, Sherman seems to feed off it, so I'm down.

seanutz

Reaction score
Blitzer88":182kqxi8 said:
https://poptip.com/r/espnnfl/which-current-player-do-you-want-on-the-cover-of-eamaddennfl-15-tweet-using-maddencover-now-well-rt-best-tweets

Here a poll that was ran, and the majority, 31%, want Sherm on the cover. I personally am superstitious as hell and do not want any Hawks on Maddens cover.
I hope they put the whole 9er's team on there. :3-1:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
jdemps":3jrb2yjt said:
We all know Manning's going to get the cover. Greatest offense in history, TD record, blah, blah, blah. I would say he's more marketable, but I really doubt anyone buys Madden for the cover anyway.

Or buys Madden...

Except for the $100 Sunday Ticket....

Or needs that July football fix after trolling .NET religiously.

Madden 15's "big feature" is coming on the defensive side of the ball, so I would fully expect it to be a defensive player.

I'd say Sherm is going to be in the Top 3 for likely candidates.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":uo9z2gnq said:
I would love to see a hawk on the cover.

The "curse" is nothing more than a simple law of averages.

Most player chosen for the cover are picked because they just had huge years, and likely played for teams that played into the playoffs. They are usually guys who have been around long enough to be well-recognized (lets all forget peyton hillis was on the cover a few years ago).

So basically you're talking about workhorses for a team who have seen tons of snaps who's played at a high level consistently - suddenly, SURPRISE someone who's sacrificed their body for the past few seasons gets hurt or has a down year and it's a 'curse'.

File this in the false category along with the 'Hard Knocks would be a distraction" mythology.

I agree with everything in your post except for the last line.

Having additional cameras shooting a TV show during your training camp is a distraction. There's no debate about that. The only question is how much the players and coaches allow that distraction to affect their performance. I'd love to think that the leadership among the coaches and the players would minimize any distractions, and that might well be the case. But the idea of the inner workings of the Seahawks being broadcast not only to the NFL fanbase, but to opposing teams and players doesn't sit well with me. Then again, I'm of the view that the media as a whole is already too invasive and should stay out of the locker room entirely.