NFL exec: “Jets owe us one”

Mizak

Reaction score

NFL executive explains Jets-heavy early prime-time schedule​

"Yes, it's an awful lot of prime-time games early in the season, but, obviously, I feel like Jets kind of owe us one," Mike North, the NFL's vice president of broadcast planning, said on a video conference with reporters.

The Jets have six night games in the first 11 weeks, the most for any team since the 1970 merger, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. The NFL and its TV networks went big on the Jets last season -- five games in prime time -- but it backfired when Rodgers suffered a season-ending Achilles tear in Week 1.

The Jets have two games on Monday night (ESPN/ABC), two games on Sunday night (NBC) and two games on Thursday night (Prime Video). They open the "Monday Night Football" schedule, facing the San Francisco 49ers on Sept. 9. They could get more prime-time dates on the back end of the season because of flex scheduling, North said.

Something tells me the Jets are gonna get really favorable calls from the refs cuz of this exec admitting shady business decisions.

Msfann

Reaction score
Didn't want to make a new thread for this so I'll stick it here. Playing on all those prime time games this year gets expensive for cowboys fans to watch all games.
"How much will it cost to watch all Cowboys games?
To watch every single NFL game of the season until the Super Bowl (or have the option to), you'll need the NFL Sunday ticket, six months of your cable provider, five months of Prime Video and one month each of Peacock, ESPN+ and Netflix comes out to a grand total of $807.86, before taxes."

projectorfreak

Reaction score
This kind of garbage is why people do
I used to mod every device i had until they became enough that bloatware wasn't an issue
Sony even got sued because they had dvds you bought that installed software on your devices that screwed em all up and i wondered why my computer wouldn't play dvds anymore
I was so pissed so i modded my consoles until it became impossible
I totally understand why people do it
Thus i digress , couldn't happen to a better team but i do feel for their fans , well , most of em anyway
I will have to putsue other avenues if that ever happens with my hawks
No way in hell am i missing games , I've gone to great lengths to watch seahawks games
Shame on you NFL
Go Hawks

jeremiah

Reaction score
Didn't want to make a new thread for this so I'll stick it here. Playing on all those prime time games this year gets expensive for cowboys fans to watch all games.
To watch every single NFL game of the season until the Super Bowl (or have the option to), you'll need the NFL Sunday ticket, six months of your cable provider, five months of Prime Video and one month each of Peacock, ESPN+ and Netflix comes out to a grand total of $807.86, before taxes."
I get CBS and Seattles FOX OTA. Amazon comes from the wifes spending habit, and MAX for me. I will be missing a lot of prime time games. The NFL is making itself into a niche sport. I streamed a lot of games in the past through a "never to be named" service, but it was too much of a hassle. When you are retired and on SS, even the internet service cost of $85+ per month is hard to handle. It is their product, but I still remember when it was AMERICA'S Game. NFL stands for Greedy bastards. They are as bad or corrupt as any government

jeremiah

Reaction score
You left out the cost of cell phone packages, and internet service. If you are on Comcast, you use their phones or you are charged more.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I get CBS and Seattles FOX OTA. Amazon comes from the wifes spending habit, and MAX for me. I will be missing a lot of prime time games. The NFL is making itself into a niche sport. I streamed a lot of games in the past through a "never to be named" service, but it was too much of a hassle. When you are retired and on SS, even the internet service cost of $85+ per month is hard to handle. It is their product, but I still remember when it was AMERICA'S Game. NFL stands for Greedy bastards. They are as bad or corrupt as any government
Just commenting on the wife’s spending habits I can totally relate. Comedian Henry Cho had a bit on his wife’s spending habits one of my faves was “ my wife’s identity got stolen but I didn’t do anything they were spending less money than she was”