NFC Week 14

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RedAlice":19anv8yg said:
It is fortunate for the Hawks that the weather is predicted to be sunny - it was this exact after Thanksgiving weekend last year that was the Detroit @Philly blizzard snow game. That would suck for Hawks. So, weather is on your side.
Why is this good for Seattle? We have the best running game in the NFL and it's based on running straight up the middle; in a blizzard, we're better suited towards putting up points than Philly is, IMO.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2j7u8ehv said:
RedAlice":2j7u8ehv said:
It is fortunate for the Hawks that the weather is predicted to be sunny - it was this exact after Thanksgiving weekend last year that was the Detroit @Philly blizzard snow game. That would suck for Hawks. So, weather is on your side.
Why is this good for Seattle? We have the best running game in the NFL and it's based on running straight up the middle; in a blizzard, we're better suited towards putting up points than Philly is, IMO.

How many games has Seattle played in a serious white-out blizzard? I watched the Eagles play that game in person last year - they were brilliant. McCoy took it to the endzone. Twice.

Lynch is gonna beat McCoy in a blizzard? He has experience at it?

SF49r

Reaction score
Seahawks going to blow out Philly
49ers are going to win a very close game against the Raiders
Arizona and Chiefs is a toss-up

RedAlice

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":jmnzv1sj said:
sorry but theres no way the seahawks are losing this week. philly is overrated. sanchez wont know what the hell to do against the LoB.

cardinals lose another game.

sf wins in a close fight (srs)

rams win easily.

dare i say it.. arizona doesnt make the playoffs.

That's been predicted all year, especially by those who think the NFL is fixed. It's not a novel thing to say.

It will be your team next year.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RedAlice":12jb3got said:
RolandDeschain":12jb3got said:
RedAlice":12jb3got said:

How many games has Seattle played in a serious white-out blizzard? I watched the Eagles play that game in person last year - they were brilliant. McCoy took it to the endzone. Twice.

Frankly, no, I would not bet on McCoy to beat Beast Mode in a blizzard, particularly since Beast Mode started his NFL career in Buffalo. They are different kinds of runners, and despite what Shady did in one snow game last year, I'd put my money on a power back like Lynch in heavy snow - homer bias aside. That's just me.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ce6z00h said:
RedAlice":1ce6z00h said:
RolandDeschain":1ce6z00h said:
RedAlice":1ce6z00h said:

Frankly, no, I would not bet on McCoy to beat Beast Mode in a blizzard, particularly since Beast Mode started his NFL career in Buffalo. They are different kinds of runners, and despite what Shady did in one snow game last year, I'd put my money on a power back like Lynch in heavy snow - homer bias aside. That's just me.

Too bad it's not a blizzard this week then....this could be fun to watch.

It's not just Lynch though, it's the whole team. I would put Philly ahead of Seattle as a whole in a blizzard right now. Unless the entire O-line also was groomed in snow.

I cannot, however, challenge your beliefs and have no reason to. As I said, I expect Hawks to win a close game.

Good luck and go give the needed credence to your smack-down last week! Go win.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
"I believe Arizona takes this at home, and shuts down the KC run attack, and I believe it to be a low scoring game with Arizona's inefficiency and ability to stop the run while Alex manages the game."

This seems contradictory.

Anyway I think KC takes it. I think KC offense is better than AZ def & KC def better than AZ off.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RedAlice":12mkcai4 said:
RolandDeschain":12mkcai4 said:
RedAlice":12mkcai4 said:

McCoy grew up in the Arctic?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
AZ v. KC very close and low scoring..........KC wins late on another ugly Stanton turnover.

Rams squeak one out v. Racist Nicknames.

Whiners beat Raiders handily.

Hawks win

Largent80

Reaction score
RedAlice":gw6xde3s said:
How many games has Seattle played in a serious white-out blizzard?

Ironically, we were predicted to lose in Philly in 2005 when the snow was really coming down.

We won on MNF 46 - 0.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Largent80":22q4j5sx said:
RedAlice":22q4j5sx said:
How many games has Seattle played in a serious white-out blizzard?

Ironically, we were predicted to lose in Philly in 2005 when the snow was really coming down.

We won on MNF 46 - 0.
And that was a "soft" west coast offense precision type of team while this one is a power running team so that proves his point...................oh wait............... :34853_doh:

lucky49

Reaction score
rams are going to lose to the skins book it

niners/raiders game gets cancelled because it's going to be such a horrible game that no one wants to see

seahawks either destroy the eagles or lose by about 3, depending on if mccoy shows up or not

cards lose easily

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
San Francisco wins versus Oakland, St. Louis finds a way to lose against Washington because Rams. Arizona loses to KC, and Seattle wins against Philadelphia because Sanchez.

pehawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":1evlpnge said:

It's not just Lynch though, it's the whole team. I would put Philly ahead of Seattle as a whole in a blizzard right now. Unless the entire O-line also was groomed in snow.

I cannot, however, challenge your beliefs and have no reason to. As I said, I expect Hawks to win a close game.

You're so wrong it's not even funny. Small n speedy defenses get negated in the snow. Us Seahawks fans found that out first-hand, in the GB playoff game. As soon as the snow hit, Lofa and his itty-bitty friends lost their advantage. Iggles defense is built on speed. Same goes for Shady who flourished in the snow vs a horrifically undisciplined Lions squad.

I wish you'd be more like Marvin49. He's the best.

RedAlice

Reaction score
pehawk":dvhkzmgq said:
RedAlice":dvhkzmgq said:

You're so wrong it's not even funny. Small n speedy defenses get negated in the snow. Us Seahawks fans found that out first-hand, in the GB playoff game. As soon as the snow hit, Lofa and his itty-bitty friends lost their advantage. Iggles defense is built on speed. Same goes for Shady who flourished in the snow vs a horrifically undisciplined Lions squad.

I wish you'd be more like Marvin49. He's the best.

I'm not referring to just some snow - I am referrring to white out conditions and Eagles played strong. I have not seen Hawks play in that condition, recommend the game and I will check it out.

I still think I'm right only because I don't have to believe you until I see it for myself. Then I would change my mind.

Other than that: really no interest in arguing if you all want to believe you are the Kings of snow. Have at it.

Too bad it's not last year's conditions: this would be FUNNER.

pehawk

Reaction score
I wasn't going to argue, sweetie. Having a little fun, even if you're still wrong.

Largent80

Reaction score
46-0 in a blizzard IN Philly.....Is there anything else that needs to be said rather than the obvious date?

RedAlice

Reaction score
pehawk":p0nfm32z said:
I wasn't going to argue, sweetie. Having a little fun, even if you're still wrong.

Arguing about snow is kinda funny. I think the Rams would probably get killed in snow - by anyone.

And, once again for the it's Week 14 but not the NFC W comment.....I did good on the Raiders last time.

It's my 3rd annual Bday football trip weekend. The first bday trip was to St. Louis where they beat the Niners in OT. Yay. The second was to Philly where they beat the Lions in a blizzard. Was entertaining.

Now, it's the Superdome! So, I am assuming Saints win this weekend. They better.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Erebus":2tjcyl2f said:
Largent80":2tjcyl2f said:
46-0 in a blizzard IN Philly.....Is there anything else that needs to be said rather than the obvious date?
Perhaps the correct score?

4 points doesn't matter, I mean it was so LOOOOOOONG ago, who can remember the exact details?

Lynch ran great that game!!!

Latest posts