New Rule

mikeak

Reaction score
Those concussion issues sure are affecting all parts of the games...

:sarcasm_off:

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
This is absurd fascist, power tripping refs. Bring back the replacement refs. At least they knew a simultaneous catch when they saw one.

How can spinning a football conceivably be construed as taunting?

Sac

Reaction score
If this is enforced Michael Irvin's first down celebration would be a 15 yard penalty for pointing.

No more sugar bear shake.

No more "lights out".

No more mile high salute. That'll go over well.

It really is beyond unreasonable to expect elite, adrenaline pumped athletes to not do those types of things after doing something great on the field. It's like a psychological pressure release, and they're basically taking it away.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
No Fun League. This is all the fault of you old people who hate the new jerseys and tell players to "Act like you've been there before", by the way.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":vmd1qmyi said:
No Fun League. This is all the fault of you old people who hate the new jerseys and tell players to "Act like you've been there before", by the way.

Yep.

And it's long overdue.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1mofhuqk said:
Sarlacc83":1mofhuqk said:

Yep.

And it's long overdue.

:les: whippersnappers ...

DTexHawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":181qiamp said:
How can spinning a football conceivably be construed as taunting?

If you spin it right at the feet of the player you just beat?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
hawker84":1ydg9tm2 said:

PFT":1ydg9tm2 said:
This is not a new rule

Still, I hope the players can be smart about this type of stuff. I love the celebrations but I hate when they blatantly taunt the other player. 15 yard increments are pretty valuable.

KEWASTEES

Reaction score
Oh come on, i fear that all this pent up celebration is going to result in more off field issues.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Okay, this is getting stupid. Show no emotion of any kind or Big Brother will send you off to a camp for re-education...

RichNhansom

Reaction score
So is making eye contact next?

Hopefully if they are going to enforce this they do it consistently and for obvious situations. Spinning the ball at a receivers feet you just picked off I could understand. Catching a TD in the endzone and letting it rip for celebration, not so much.

Claden

Reaction score
As a TD celebration, it should be all good. Before they said if they did this and it went a few yards, they would call delay of game. This new stuff is just silly now. But if they want to outlaw the "lights out" dance, I'm all for that.

kearly

Reaction score
Does any other major sport penalize (reasonable) celebration at all? I never got the NFL's obsession with it. It's a game. It's entertainment for fans. Let them have some fun. Gotta love Goodell, vigilantly protecting us from problems that don't exist.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'd assume having something like five times the padding has something to do with the NHL being fine with fighting, Kearly. That, and NHL players are not super-strength bulky types like half the NFL players are. A guy like Red Bryant could swing a haymaker into someone's collarbone and crack it, ending their season. The average weight of the HEAVIEST team in the NHL is 210.96 pounds, the Atlanta Thrashers.

Frankly, fighting between the two sports isn't even remotely comparable, IMO. I completely agree with you that the strict anti-taunting penalties are over the top, however. Guys should be able to razz the other team decently after making a big play.

One of the guys in the NFL that can bench press 700 pounds could probably kill someone swinging their first into the temple of their head if the helmet is off as hard as they can. That's no joke.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I have never liked it when Rice has done this. I hope he stops now.

And.. Sidney, STAY ON YOUR FEET! Most of his injuries happen because he has needlessly fallen down. The touchdown to seal the win in Chicago comes to mind.

Latest posts