New NFL Drug Policy Passed

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Jville":25hyufly said:
OrFan":25hyufly said:
They got it wrong, in my opinion. How can they not see that driving under the influence of alcohol is far more serious than smoking pot? Alcohol is the most violent drug there is. More people are killed involving someone who is drunk than all other drugs combined. They really need to wake up!

And yes, alcohol is a drug. Anyone who says it is not is not using their brain. It is a chemical that alters the brain's function - a drug.

I think the NFL is attempting to stumble along as best it can in the environment it finds itself in from day to day.

Alcohol, marijuana and drug use is state sponsored and intertwined in western culture. The addictions are multifaceted and include financial addictions. State sponsorship and their benefactors are not going away.

Here, for your review, is a dependency link to a monthly allocation of liquor revenue to cities, counties, state general fund, mental health alcoholism & drug services account and city revenue sharing for the month of July 2014 as published by the Oregon Liquor Control Commission. >>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.olcc.state.or.us/pdfs/MonthlyAllocationOfRevenue.pdf[/urltargetblank]

Reliable DUI revenues, on the other hand, are a huge mystery. Lots of hands dipping into that big undocumented revenue stream. Very limited disclosure wherever lawyers gather is common.

And of course, there are many other interest groups that realize financial benefit and are dependent on the addictions of others. It is imbedded in the fabric of American society.

In much of the world, state sponsored alcohol and drug dependency is an all to common policy. It doesn't surprise me that the NFL is struggling at coexisting with it.
I have heard that a 2nd DUI in Europe means loss of a drivers license FOR LIFE. If that's true, you compare that with people in this country getting 6, 7 DUIs and that speaks to the whole thing being about revenue for government systems.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
A ccording to Jay Glazer this morning the NFL hasn't yet signed off on the version the NFLPA passed so all suspensions are still intact

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kidhawk":sn9zbfdd said:
A ccording to Jay Glazer this morning the NFL hasn't yet signed off on the version the NFLPA passed so all suspensions are still intact
Commish Pey Pey will be calling the owners tomorrow to get it passed so he has Welker against an inexperienced Burley when the Donks play in Seattle next week. :sarcasm_on: Anything to try to get a W because you know, that would make up for 43-8. :sarcasm_off: