New Clink seating sections and Toyota Fan Deck

bigskydoc

Reaction score
So my family spent last week on our annual week at Lake Sammamish vacation. While we were there, we did the Century Link Field Tour. It was a bit wierd as the field surface was 90% real grass for the upcoming Sounders/ Manchester United match, and 10% other surface for the upcoming One Direction concert. Anyway while we were there, I snapped some pictures of the new Toyota Fan Deck and the new seating sections. I didn't have the greatest angle, but I haven't seen any pics of either posted here, so I thought I would share. Apologies if someone has already posted better pictures.

6NuT2mv

Y8kj7Jy

YipFD7e

I know they aren't the greatest angles, but still cool. The Toyota Fan Deck is immediately above where the old 12th man flagpole was, and the area underneath is going to be a new fan lounge with massive fireplace. The new 12th man flag is supposed to be 4 times the size of the old one.

The field surface with real grass.

R7aVXre

Of course, what trip report would be complete without a couple pics of the kids.

My son's first press conference as a Seahawk. He said he needed a raise. I told him to talk to his new boss, Paul Allen.
KmmUXi9

My daughter in front of the 12th man flag from XL
Gd7KQoL

And, last but not least, my daughter wanted to dance with Michael Bennett, how could I say no?
MxLitfm

-bsd

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Your kids are so cute it's ridiculous.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Great pics. I thought the fan deck would be...bigger.

They added, what, 3,000 seats ? So our capacity is now 70k ?

I wonder when they're going to fill in around the Hawk's Nest.

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Aros":20wzze7n said:
Your kids are so cute it's ridiculous.

My wife and I look at each other, then look at the kids, then back at each other and shake our heads and ask, "Who did they get their looks from?"

-bsd

253hawk

Reaction score
Wait...real grass? Is it going to be temporary for some other events until the season starts?

Ruminator

Reaction score
Would be very cool if the massive fireplace in the new fan lounge is so massive the flames can be seen throughout the stadium during games.

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Grass is strictly for the Sounders/ Manchester United matchup. Manchester United only plays on real grass, and this is stipulated in their contract. After the game, it will be removed and donated to schools/ retirement homes/ community centers etc.

It was weird to see real grass and a lawnmower at the Clink. Once we got down to the field, we could see the Field Turf under the grass.

- bsd

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Obviously, I am not a soccer fan and neither was the tour guide. Manchester United was playing Club America, not the sounders. Derp. Whatever.

caitken12

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some more insight to these seats as I was offered 4 of them for $175 a piece to the Browns game. Are they going to be more desirable than upper bowl seats? The secondary market is killing me, as I am trying to take my family of 4 from an island in British Columbia, so I cant really afford to spend the money and be disappointed. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

hawksmode

Reaction score
I moved a couple of my seats to this section...should be pretty cool.

Thanks for the pics.

I wonder if the fan deck is for the people only in those new sections...seems it would be overcrowded if it was open to all.

The description on the section lists to be exclusive to those sections.....but that does not make sense since it is the "fan deck"...but again, opening to all seems as if it would be too crowded and tough to get to your seats.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for sharing the pics. The bright concrete around the new sections just goes to prove how grimy the concrete around the rest of the stadium is.....never mind the top of the roof where the CL Field logos are located. :pukeface:

hawksmode

Reaction score
Got my tix for this section yesterday...

Seems as if the fan deck is for this section only as I received a lanyard with the tix...Description said to please remember the lanyard to have "easy" access to the section. I am sure you are okay with just the ticket...But this seems to answer questions of what they meant by "exclusive"

Crappy thing is I did not get my tix for my other 2 sections.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
hawksmode":1o1frm5r said:
Got my tix for this section yesterday...

Seems as if the fan deck is for this section only as I received a lanyard with the tix...Description said to please remember the lanyard to have "easy" access to the section. I am sure you are okay with just the ticket...But this seems to answer questions of what they meant by "exclusive"

Crappy thing is I did not get my tix for my other 2 sections.

Not unusual for tickets to come in waves, especially if they are in different accounts. Don't worry. You might get an extra flag or two this way as well.

Latest posts