Ndamukong Suh A Ram (Sefarian-Jenkins signs with Jags)

Chapow

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3k9hm8hi said:
Well Seattle isn't winning the division next year. Were probably not making the playoffs either .

You're a little late to the party. The self described realists here have been declaring this to be the case for weeks and months now anyway so I'm not really sure how or why this makes a difference. According to them, we were already doomed regardless of what we or anyone else did anyway. The only thing that remains to be seen is where in the top 5 of next years draft we will be picking.

RedAlice

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":3ehh0o3r said:
They better pray they win it all this year. They'll have to pay Peters - Goff - Gurley and Donald. They'll be forced to pay Donald QB money which is going to destroy their cap. So they know all they got is this next year to load up a super team.

Rams have $100m cap next year, 2019.

The estimates I saw still leave them with $40m after signing all who need paid.

Yeah, I can barely sleep I so worried.

All we got is this year, then dead. :34853_doh:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RedAlice":a905e88d said:
ApnaHawk":a905e88d said:
They better pray they win it all this year. They'll have to pay Peters - Goff - Gurley and Donald. They'll be forced to pay Donald QB money which is going to destroy their cap. So they know all they got is this next year to load up a super team.

So you all you got...and hope that is all yall need. :2thumbs:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The GMF staff on NFL network has christned the Ram’s defense “The Legion of Goons”...

adeltaY

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3pj4jzbf said:
Final point -- their schedule is brutal, as they have to play the Eagles, the Vikings, and the Saints -- the 3 best teams in the NFC.

Are they the best teams in the NFC? They were this year. Last year going in, the popular consensus was that the best teams would be the Packers, Cowboys, Seahawks, and Giants. The AFC West was supposed to be the best division in the league. Those other NFC teams have added nowhere near the same level of talent that the Rams have.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":3rib4hi6 said:
ApnaHawk":3rib4hi6 said:

You'd think Rams fans would be a little bit more humble after living in the basement of the NFC west for a decade and half.

Im happy for y'all. A strong division breads strong teams in the playoffs. We went all in this past year and look what happened. We thought we had the deepest most talented d-line, buckled with 2 pro bowl lbs and a all star cash in the backfield. Not only that, we have a super star qb.

All that talent doesn't always translate to the field.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":14bgku4u said:
RedAlice":14bgku4u said:
ApnaHawk":14bgku4u said:

Yea, but that's with only 30 players on the books, and some of those will have to be negotiated with... especially if they do have any success this year.

There's a lot of expectations piling up in the media for a team that was one and done last year in the playoffs... football is not just a physical game, it's a MENTAL game, and when you pile up expectations on a locker room full of mercenaries, some of those who have spent their entire careers being headcases, you have a recipe for disaster. Winning championships requires a "family" mindset. I have yet to ever, in all my years of watching football, see a mercenary team win a championship. The closest we ever got was the Plunkett/Allen Raiders, but those guys bonded over being "castaways" - they didn't sign free agent deals, they wound up there and they bonded over the whole "discarded" mantra.

Team chemistry is everything - knowing where your teammates are going to be, who has what receiver, who is going to do this or that. All these new guys are used to different systems, and to make it all more difficult - the NFL limits practice time these days. That's WHY the Patriots keep going to Superbowl after Superbowl despite having only 1 guy on the team with "star" level talent (Gronk). Brady is the greatest QB of all time, not because he is some super athlete like Cam Newton, or has a cannon arm like Farve... truth is, he's stiff as a board, has an above NFL arm, but man, his mental game is second to none, and he affects everyone on his team... he gets them working together and playing together. He takes guys that are "average" players, and makes them play great as a team.

What the Rams have is a bunch of insanely talented guys with no synergy, and not one guy on that team capable of managing those egos' stepping up, and pulling them all together. If they had a veteran QB, a real leader, like a Manning or some other aging QB star, I'd have them locked in for a Superbowl win, but I don't see Goff doing that.

I think that everyone will have this expectation that they will be unblock-able, unstoppable, et. and then when that proves NOT to be the case, people start asking questions, and the stress starts getting to them.

The team that always wins the Superbowl is the guys who develop synergy playing together for a few years, and then they "gel" at the right time.

I think the Rams would have done better staying with what they had, rather than discarding guys and going windowshopping for new stuff.

Final point -- their schedule is brutal, as they have to play the Eagles, the Vikings, and the Saints -- the 3 best teams in the NFC.

This. Look how much money Dan Snyder has pissed away on superstar free agents year after year and yet.....NOTHING. (Not so much lately but that has been his m.o. in the past.)

RedAlice

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":dgou6610 said:
RedAlice":dgou6610 said:
ApnaHawk":dgou6610 said:

You'd think Rams fans would be a little bit more humble after living in the basement of the NFC west for a decade and half.

Im happy for y'all. A strong division breads strong teams in the playoffs. We went all in this past year and look what happened. We thought we had the deepest most talented d-line, buckled with 2 pro bowl lbs and a all star cash in the backfield. Not only that, we have a super star qb.

All that talent doesn't always translate to the field.

I should be more humble?

No correct response to you is postable.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
RedAlice, it's gonna be your team against the 49ers in the coming season. We Hawks fans have enjoyed five very good years. But things always change and well, being for your team in a down year is part of it.

rlkats

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":192vdx6t said:
RedAlice, it's gonna be your team against the 49ers in the coming season. We Hawks fans have enjoyed five very good years. But things always change and well, being for your team in a down year is part of it.

Pump the brakes on the Niners, while they are looking like they are finally getting better. They are by NO way ready for the hype they are getting and im a Niners fan. The Rams are pointing to be the division leader for a while to come. The Hawks and Cards will be back soon. Im not leaving any team out.

RCATES

Reaction score
Rams are going all in this year. I don't think it really matters. Goff folds under pressure and I just can't see him beating 3 really good teams in the playoffs to win a championship. Like others have said I can't see Donald stepping on the field this year without a major pay raise. He held out all pre-season last year. Its a slap in his face that they paid Suh before him. Rams basically have 1-2 years before everything changes. They will have 55 million tied up in Goff/Gurley/Donald. (currently about 19 million.)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, completely different QB under pressure. Plus, they have to deal w/all those psycho players, AND stay healthy. One playoff win, nothing more in 2018.

RCATES

Reaction score
RedAlice":1b8iuxjq said:
ApnaHawk":1b8iuxjq said:

Not sure where you're getting your info. I have them at around 10 million after Suh.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/los-angeles-rams/

You're right about them having closer to 90 available next year but that's if they let half of their current starters walk. Not happening. Especially after Donald and Gurley get paid. They will have no Suh and be right up against the max on the cap. Like I said its SB or bust for the Rams this year. This years team will be the best they put on the field in the next 10 years. Paying Suh 15 million for one year proves that the Rams know things financially will change dramatically next season.

adeltaY

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3s30j77m said:
Exactly, completely different QB under pressure. Plus, they have to deal w/all those psycho players, AND stay healthy. One playoff win, nothing more in 2018.

Do you mean pass rush pressure or stakes are high pressure? McVay and that OL do an excellent job of mitigating the first and I don't see much evidence to agree or disagree with the second. I definitely don't think their playoff loss was on Goff. From what I recall, it came down to two ST fumbles and I think his receivers dropped a few well thrown balls as well.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Just rewatched the playoff game and Goff did pretty well. Some balls behind receivers and took a bit long to make decisions, but the Atlanta D has to get some credit for playing fast, hard, and disciplined. I saw five drops by receivers too. Gurley was particularly bad, if anyone choked it was him.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1n4haxvw said:
RedAlice":1n4haxvw said:
ApnaHawk":1n4haxvw said:

So you all you got...and hope that is all yall need. :2thumbs:

Yes! Loves to you sweetie. :179417:

eta: I mean real hugs, not my sarcasm to you, ever. :irishdrinkers:

second eta: I think my sarcasm is becoming completely unappreciated around here now. It was so adorable years ago.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RCATES":1tvfua69 said:
RedAlice":1tvfua69 said:
ApnaHawk":1tvfua69 said:

Not sure where you're getting your info. I have them at around 10 million after Suh.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/los-angeles-rams/

You're right about them having closer to 90 available next year but that's if they let half of their current starters walk. Not happening. Especially after Donald and Gurley get paid. They will have no Suh and be right up against the max on the cap. Like I said its SB or bust for the Rams this year. This years team will be the best they put on the field in the next 10 years. Paying Suh 15 million for one year proves that the Rams know things financially will change dramatically next season.

I'm reading the same site as you are.

I just think that maybe, possibly, in the current world that Snead is smarter than an internet poster. As your math makes no sense. Feel free to lay it out to me.

Loves! :179417:

RedAlice

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1usehlan said:

You live in Santa Clara?

Well. I went and fell in love w a Niner fan this off season. He lives in Los Gatos.

Smart man, he's trying to learn the Rams and not challenging me on any topic as I know more about football than he does.

Just as the Niner get good. This shall be amusing I am sure. :2thumbs:

As to me, I have always considered the Hawks a side favorite in the NFCW. Obviously why I've been here all these years....and I'd love to see Hawks become again. They will.

Moments in time.

eta: I hate the Niners. So I am probably about to have a mixed NFL marriage.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Must add, I will not ever be anything other than me here, and by no means will I act like a stupid arrogant fan of an opposing team. I've known many of you for years. I will keep my sarcasm.

And, I'll still be here in ten years when the wheel has gone round and round.

Rams_eat_QB's

Reaction score
Rams aren't buying a dream team. They're returning 10 of 11 starters on offense.
All they're doing is putting together a 3-4 D with Wade's stamp on it. Emphasis on the front line pass rush and the back end in man-to-man.

It remains to be seen if the run D improves.

Latest posts