"Names Russell, Last Names Wilson" (Poll)

What tier of QB's does Russell Wilson lie?

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • (Elite) Brees, Brady, Rodgers, P. Manning

Votes: 58 39.5%
  • (Tier 2) Rothlisberger, E. Manning, P. Rivers, J. Flacco

Votes: 69 46.9%
  • (Tier 3) M.Ryan, T.Romo, M. Stafford, J. Cutler

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • (Tier 4) The rest of the obvious top 20 QB's Dalton, Cam Newton, etc.

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

saints2k8

Reaction score
top 5-6 this year

Better than any of the other QBs around his age

edit: maybe not Nick Foles

CANHawk

Reaction score
Homer glasses off for a sec, I think he's probably tier 2.5. He's for sure better than the tier 3 guys, but doesn't quite have the resume to be completely on that 2nd tier. I think he will by the end of the year though.

He and Luck are BY FAR in the lead to be the elite quarterbacks of the next generation, with Russell getting a slight nod over Luck by virtue of being the more consistent of the two and having (thus far anyway) proven to be the more clutch of the two.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson.

He's in the running for an MVP against Manning (who crap the bed this weekend) and Brees (going to be a fun battle on Monday night, if the 'hawks can shut Brees down and Wilson works his home field magic...he might just jump him).

I can't wait for the Drew Brees interviews about Wilson, I know he thinks highly of the kid. He could very well (and very easily) have the most wins for a QB through his first two seasons.

He's a franchise QB in every sense of the word (even his off field actions are what you'd like to see out of the face of the team). He can put the team on his back and will the rest of his teammates to win games (and has done this late in games plenty of times). His win percentage at home is 1.000.

Sounds like an Eli Manning type (team fighting to make the playoffs, throws 17 picks to 14 TDs)...

or Joe Flacco (is anyone even paying attention to his team? He's thrown 14 TDs to 14 picks and is getting PAID big dollars for that???)...

or Phillip Rivers (having a great year this year, but how many times have we seen SD fall apart? There's times when he simply disappears for long stretches in games and even from week to week. No one should be scared of this QB or his team..they're 5-6 and the epitome of mediocre).

Only a fool would take one of those three over Wilson. I'm not even going to bother with tiers 3 and 4, that would be a waste of time. I don't think it's crazy to think of him as Elite, but given more time to prove it would obviously be for the best.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
I think his skills and abilities are top notch. People tend to view stats and yards as the ultimate judge of a QB. The thing is that in this style of team he will not ever have gotty stats like Manning, Brees. It just wont happen. I think if he went to the colts and threw it 45 times a game his stats would be better than Lucks because he is more consistent. People say he is a game manager, and in this offence he is. That is what is expected, no demanded of him. I don't think I would trade him for any qb in the league. Just because he has not been asked to carry a team on his back for a season does not mean he cannot.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":idthc9qa said:
Russell Wilson.

He's in the running for an MVP against Manning (who crap the bed this weekend) and Brees (going to be a fun battle on Monday night, if the 'hawks can shut Brees down and Wilson works his home field magic...he might just jump him).

I can't wait for the Drew Brees interviews about Wilson, I know he thinks highly of the kid. He could very well (and very easily) have the most wins for a QB through his first two seasons.

He's a franchise QB in every sense of the word (even his off field actions are what you'd like to see out of the face of the team). He can put the team on his back and will the rest of his teammates to win games (and has done this late in games plenty of times). His win percentage at home is 1.000.

Sounds like an Eli Manning type (team fighting to make the playoffs, throws 17 picks to 14 TDs)...

or Joe Flacco (is anyone even paying attention to his team? He's thrown 14 TDs to 14 picks and is getting PAID big dollars for that???)...

or Phillip Rivers (having a great year this year, but how many times have we seen SD fall apart? There's times when he simply disappears for long stretches in games and even from week to week. No one should be scared of this QB or his team..they're 5-6 and the epitome of mediocre).

Only a fool would take one of those three over Wilson. I'm not even going to bother with tiers 3 and 4, that would be a waste of time. I don't think it's crazy to think of him as Elite, but given more time to prove it would obviously be for the best.

That's says it all.

sam1313

Reaction score
I just posted in another thread that I wouldn't trade wilson for anybody. Period. Part of that is due to the fact that Russel is younger and cheaper than most of the other QBs on your list, and part is due to my belief that RW has a legitimate shot at becoming "the best QB to ever play this game." RW certainly hasn't given us anything to indicate he cannot achieve that goal - which is his goal too I might add. I still can't believe he is a Seahawk!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Bit of a slight to Cam Newton there?

Honestly in this system he may never be what the rest of football would consider an "Elite QB" simply because the guys who get those tags are seldom on teams as offensively balanced as we are. I will take Russell just the way he is thank you very much.