My Seahawks nightmare coming true?

Zowert

Reaction score
Sanchez was a good college quarterback. Just like Tebow. But I am willing to bet Pete Carroll knows more than anyone, that Sanchez is no NFL quarterback. Not every college stud can lead an NFL team. Luckily for us, we got a stud that can.

I would rather have Matt Hasselbeck back as a 2nd string. If Flynn doesn't stay in Seattle (which I doubt he will) then I can only see a veteran QB coming in to backup Wilson.

Would you rather have Tebow or Sanchez as backup? One is poison in the locker room, while the other is a huge distraction thanks to outlandish media attention.

Anyway, a real nightmare would be a trade: Flynn for Sanchez and a draft pick. Even if it was a second round pick and Sanchez for Flynn, I wouldn't take it. I would rather trade Flynn for a second round pick, straight up, lol! If they won't do that then, do it. But keep the pick and release Sanchez the second he steps of the plane in Seattle, lmao!

Zowert

Reaction score
volsunghawk":34n25yai said:
TheHawkDoc":34n25yai said:
NO WAY we trade Flynn to Arizona unless they offer 2 firsts or some other ridiculous package (Fitzgerald or Dockett + a pick). I'd still have to think hard about answering a division rivals QB question for them.

I don't think there's even a parallel universe where our FO doesn't give up Flynn for a single 1st rounder, even to a division rival.

They can free themselves of his contract, have an extra 1st rounder to fill glaring holes (hello, D-line), feel altruistic about giving Flynn the chance to start somewhere else, and have plenty of knowledge of his strengths and weaknesses whenever they have to play him.

That would be awesome, however I don't think Flynn is worth a 1st round pick. Not even late in the 1st. He's worth the 2nd or even 3rd round.

Flynn does tend to be overvalued, so who knows.. But reality is that the guy has been in the NFL how long? And he's only played a couple games. He did look good and he looks great in the preseason, but you just don't know how (or if) Matt Flynn can lead a team an entire season. If he can come from behind to win. Not just come into a game when you're already beating up on a team and throw a few completions.

I'm not saying he can't do all that, and be a legit starting QB in the NFL. Simply saying that no one really knows at this point. So I don't think any reasonable GM is going to trade a 1st round pick on a quarterback that's not a proven starter. The sad part is its not even his fault. He has not had a chance to prove himself. Apart from having the open competition for the starting job here, and losing it. But who could have seen that coming? Flynn was most likely caught by surprise.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Zowert":q5jjt5b3 said:
volsunghawk":q5jjt5b3 said:
TheHawkDoc":q5jjt5b3 said:
NO WAY we trade Flynn to Arizona unless they offer 2 firsts or some other ridiculous package (Fitzgerald or Dockett + a pick). I'd still have to think hard about answering a division rivals QB question for them.

I don't think there's even a parallel universe where our FO doesn't give up Flynn for a single 1st rounder, even to a division rival.

They can free themselves of his contract, have an extra 1st rounder to fill glaring holes (hello, D-line), feel altruistic about giving Flynn the chance to start somewhere else, and have plenty of knowledge of his strengths and weaknesses whenever they have to play him.

That would be awesome, however I don't think Flynn is worth a 1st round pick. Not even late in the 1st. He's worth the 2nd or even 3rd round.

Flynn does tend to be overvalued, so who knows.. But reality is that the guy has been in the NFL how long? And he's only played a couple games. He did look good and he looks great in the preseason, but you just don't know how (or if) Matt Flynn can lead a team an entire season. If he can come from behind to win. Not just come into a game when you're already beating up on a team and throw a few completions.

I'm not saying he can't do all that, and be a legit starting QB in the NFL. Simply saying that no one really knows at this point. So I don't think any reasonable GM is going to trade a 1st round pick on a quarterback that's not a proven starter. The sad part is its not even his fault. He has not had a chance to prove himself. Apart from having the open competition for the starting job here, and losing it. But who could have seen that coming? Flynn was most likely caught by surprise.

No, he's not worth a 1st. I don't think he'd garner a 2nd, either. MAYBE a 3rd if a team is desperate enough for him.

Zowert

Reaction score
volsunghawk":lvb052oa said:
No, he's not worth a 1st. I don't think he'd garner a 2nd, either. MAYBE a 3rd if a team is desperate enough for him.

In your opinion, who do you think would be interested in Matt Flynn's services and what do you think that team would be willing to give up for him?

I wonder if we can get a decent DE for Flynn... haha..

In my opinion, I think Buffalo is getting tired of 'what's-his-face' from Harvard. So they could be interested in trading for Flynn. Other potentials: New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, Dallas Cowboys (Banking on them being done with Romo), Arizona Cardinals (If they have given up on Kolb) and maybe the Oakland Raiders.

Oh and I also agree on the third round pick. I'm going to be bold and predict the Cowboys release Romo this off-season and make a move for Matt Flynn (for a 3rd round pick). Dallas will also draft a quarterback, in the second round to be Flynn's backup. Or if Flynn has horrible luck, that rookie will be a stud and beat him out of yet another starting job.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Unless the Jets think Sanchez is worth paying more for him to play on someone else's team, he wont be leaving NYC.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Zowert":1cmhxzk8 said:
volsunghawk":1cmhxzk8 said:

In your opinion, who do you think would be interested in Matt Flynn's services and what do you think that team would be willing to give up for him?

In my opinion, I think Buffalo is getting tired of 'what's-his-face' from Harvard. So they could be interested in trading for Flynn. Other potentials: New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, Dallas Cowboys (Banking on them being done with Romo), Arizona Cardinals (If they have given up on Kolb) and maybe the Oakland Raiders.

Oh and I also agree on the third round pick. I'm going to be bold and predict the Cowboys release Romo this off-season and make a move for Matt Flynn (for a 3rd round pick). Dallas will also draft a quarterback, in the second round to be Flynn's backup. Or if Flynn has horrible luck, that rookie will be a stud and beat him out of yet another starting job.

Wouldn't surprise me to see KC want to add Flynn to their QB competition.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
volsunghawk":14dlzlta said:
Zowert":14dlzlta said:
volsunghawk":14dlzlta said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see KC want to add Flynn to their QB competition.

That'd be great, especially if they gave up a 3rd (not that they would.) That's practically another 2nd rounder.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I doubt it happens but I wouldn't mind it.

Think about it, so far as a starter, Sanchez has been terrible for the past 2 years. His first two years though? Pretty decent. The kid has talent, but is also in the NY spotlight on a team that needs attention for every reason. Take Sanchez out of the starting role and put him in "Southern Alaska" and I think that could be the best for him and as a backup I think he would be one of the better ones in the NFL.

But as for people automatically dismissing it because of USC, didn't we try to sign Lienart to be a backup?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
The only Vet back-up I want is Jackson again if Flynn is traded, Sanchez is terrible. He has not developed at all since his rookie season and has no mobility. Either trade Flynn and then get Jackson back or keep Flynn, both are good enough that if Russ missed a game or two they could at least give us a good chance to win. Sanchez and Tebow though, yuck.

Latest posts