my later red favorite plaayers

poplarbluffman

Reaction score
enjoy the draft and especially looking at later rd guys...some of my favorites

Mike Thomas 4th/6th WR Southern Mississippi 6'1 197 JC kid..late bloomer but with starter ability NFL body long arms/big hands kills slants
Roger Lewis WR 6'1 200 Soph 4th/5th Bowling Green leads the nation most yards on deep passes high ceiling
Alex Lewis T/G Nebraska 4th/6th 6'6 302 33 1/2 arms with good 81 1/4 wingspan smart but with some Incognito like issues LT at Nebraska very light feet in pass pro, solid at 2nd level, played g at shrine...good player
Willie Beavers 6' 4 1/2 324 33 1/2 arms OT/G 4th/6th senor bowl Western Michigan plays LT. Smart, hard worker and a very good athlete, flexible, fast with good feet...a good but raw player who might lack the height/ arm length to play OT in the NFL. At worst a 4 position backup
Joe Thuney North Carolina 4th/5th st pff 4th rated OT 6'4 295 kicks inside because of 31 5/8 arms good player
Rees Odhiambo Boise St 4th/5th 1st team LT vey good LT who will kick inside, smart, articulate, great feet and functional strength. Great developmental player who will be starter after he gains strength..broke ankle senior season likely a 2nd/3rd if healthy
Jamison Lalk 6'5 305 Iowa St 4th/5th long, quick, runs very well looks like a NFL center long arms, functional strength, smart all academic former g 1st year starter at center just needs strength and more weight but could be a very good center in time
. Matt Skura Duke 6'3 ½ 310 4th/6th very smart great character..class act, very strong, very good eyes gets movement on run and solid pass pro
Dean Lowry 5th/7th Northwestern 6'6 295 11th best DE per pff solid 3-4 DE econ major
Greg Milhouse Campbell college 7th/udfa 6'1 1/2 309 dominated lower competition strong upper burst with nice burst 3 tech +2.3 per pf at NFLPA
Jatavis Brown LB 5'11 230 Akron 5th/6th very fast, solid tackler 2nd highest grade at lb per pff WLB plays bigger then listed size explosive hitter with 10 career ff solid backup/ST player with starter upside
James Bradberry 6'1 209 3rd/5th Samson college senior bowl developmental CB with long arms, strong upper body and body of a starting press CB lacks elite speed Senior bowl workouts will determine when he gets drafted but a solid prospect(playing well at senior bowl)
Mike Jordan 6'1 200 Missouri Western smart, great burst 5th/7th great later rd sleeper pick
Damontae Kazee *5'10 ½ 4th/5th 184 San Diego St 75 tackles with 8 int junior season nickle CB prospect lacks deep speed/size to play outside but early starter as a nickle...great vision/awareness 32 career pd 10 career int
. De’Vante Harris 5'10 1/2 175 cocky, quick and skinny pff #1 ranked SEC CB later rd nickle
. Miles Killebrew 3rd/4th rd SS senior bowl 6'2 219 Southern Utah 132 tackles 7pd smart hitter 4.45
Kevin Byard SS 4th/5th 5'11 216 Middle Tennessee St Senior Bowl lacks elite burst but has 36 career pd 19 career int
Tyvis Powell* 5th/6th Senior bowl FS 6'3 209 talkative, large..passes the eyeball test developmental safety 8 career int
Jordan Lucas 6th ss senior 6'0 202 2X honorable mention CB moves to FS senior season smart
Trevon Stewart Houston 7th/udfa 5'9 195 top graded safety in bowl week per pff fast as a water bug, fearless and smart fun player to watch
Michael Caputo SS/FS 7th/udfa very smart good shrine[/quote]

kearly

Reaction score
Michael Thomas is my draft crush this year. He's P-Rich with 25 pounds of good weight added. And who plays bigger. But otherwise they are pretty much the same player. Hugely under-rated. Great fit for Seattle's offense too.

I honestly cannot believe he's not getting any hype at all. He's sensational on the field every week. Thomas went for 100+ in eight of his last eleven games. His lowest output was 84 yards during that stretch. He also ended the year scoring at least one touchdown in ten straight games...

I could understand level of competition concerns, but against UW he showed that he has elite level athleticism even vs a power conference school with a very good defense. He also put up very good numbers against Nebraska and Marshall.

I'm not saying this to bash Richardson, but it amazes me that Paul Richardson was widely considered to be a 2nd round prospect while Michael Thomas is going to be a late rounder. To me, Thomas is at least as good a prospect, if not superior, especially when considering injury history.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I agree about Thomas. Watch some of his tape and he has great body control to catch the ball in addition to his obvious athleticism. I really hope we wait to draft a WR and that he is that guy.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Interestingly, BR has a draft article up discussing Thomas. Several guys love him and several guys don't care for him at all.

firebee

Reaction score
kearly":1hyi66sn said:
Michael Thomas is my draft crush this year. He's P-Rich with 25 pounds of good weight added. And who plays bigger. But otherwise they are pretty much the same player. Hugely under-rated. Great fit for Seattle's offense too.

I honestly cannot believe he's not getting any hype at all. He's sensational on the field every week. Thomas went for 100+ in eight of his last eleven games. His lowest output was 84 yards during that stretch. He also ended the year scoring at least one touchdown in ten straight games...

I could understand level of competition concerns, but against UW he showed that he has elite level athleticism even vs a power conference school with a very good defense. He also put up very good numbers against Nebraska and Marshall.

I'm not saying this to bash Richardson, but it amazes me that Paul Richardson was widely considered to be a 2nd round prospect while Michael Thomas is going to be a late rounder. To me, Thomas is at least as good a prospect, if not superior, especially when considering injury history.

I don't like his hands... He catches with his body too much and he drops the ball a lot when he has to try extending for the ball and actually try catching it with his hands. Watched a lot of film on Thomas and noticed he's definitely a body catcher. I understand why people like him. He's athletic, kind of plays like a little taller Baldwin in the way he runs his routes and runs after the catch, but he has a really hard time extending his arms to make catches with his hands. He's a much less polished Doug Baldwin and we already have a Doug Baldwin on the team, as well as a P-Rich and Lockett.

The reasons why I like Cajuste... Tall downfield threat that adjusts for the ball ungodly well, extends and uses his hands to catch the ball. On top of that, he has really really good hands and he doesn't drop the ball. There has to be some major factors effecting the catch for him to drop a pass that's anywhere in his range. He attacks on his blocks vs. backing off and just trying to stay in between a defender and the runner, something else I noticed about Thomas. Cajuste's major flaw is his short area quickness. He doesn't burst off the LOS into his routes. He kind of glides into his routes and accelerates all the way through. If we're looking for another Baldwin, Lockett or P-Rich WR; Cajuste isn't the answer. If we're looking for a WR to compliment those guys, Cajuste is the perfect fit because... Those hands. Just watch the way he catches.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
kearly":3ezpjdqi said:
Michael Thomas is my draft crush this year. He's P-Rich with 25 pounds of good weight added. And who plays bigger. ....
I honestly cannot believe he's not getting any hype at all.

Completely agreed.

Although I do understand the concerns about drops. His speed also doesn't pop on tape like Richardson's did.

Still he's not going to cost a 2nd round price tag either. I fully don't expect us to add him given the glut of development talent already in our system. But if we did take him I'd see that as a good move.

He looks like a guy who could make this team.

firebee

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1nr4qehe said:
Scottemojo":1nr4qehe said:
We simply must draft Willie Beavers.
Godspeed Willie Beavers! Godspeed!

Fahn Cooper is a better prospect at OT... Beavers looks the part and has the footwork to be effective, but he gets his hands outside too much, doesn't keep his pad level down and doesn't use his hands well. Hooks defenders with his arms a lot and he's going to get called on holding a lot in the NFL if he can't correct that problem. Watch some tape on Cooper from Ole MIss at RT and his time at LT in JUCO. He's much more fundamentally sound and he has almost the exact same physical ability that Beavers does. He's just a more polished offensive tackle than Beavers is. He's a guy I think we could land with our 3rd round comp, possibly a 4th if we land an early-mid 4th via trade.