My 2016 Draft Wishlist

McGruff

Reaction score
Willyeye":p59bg7be said:
New twist...after looking some more, I'm thinking that the area of the draft from 50-80 is rather thin. Instead of trading down into that area, I'm thinking that JS might keep pick #26 and use picks #56 and #90 to get a pick at around #42. Here would be my new 7 round mock:

#26- DE/DTJonathan Bullard
#42- C Ryan Kelly
#97- G Connor McGovern
#124- RB Tyler Ervin
#171- T Brandon Shell
#215- FB Dan Vitale
#225- WR Ricardo Lewis
#247- CB Juston Burris
UDFA- OLB Devante Bond, DT Connor Wujciak, DT Joel Heath, S Derrick Kindred, CB DeAndre Elliott, DE Dean Lowry, ILB B.J. Goodson, QB Vernon Adams, QB Jeff Driskell, T Caleb Benenoch, T Tyler Johnstone, C Jake Brendel, WR Mitch Matthews

Much of the weeks leading up to the draft is like circling the drain, getting closer and closer to clarity with each turn.

I think you are getting a lot closer with this one.

penihawk

Reaction score
I appreciate your efforts and thoughts willyeye. Substitute Billings for Bullard and you got me on board with most of that list.

OP
OP
W

Willyeye

Reaction score
New update with no trades:

#26- T Germain Ifedi
#56- C Ryan Kelly or C Nick Martin
#90- DT Javon Hargrave
#97- G Connor McGovern
#124- RB Tyler Ervin
#171- FS Justin Simmons
#215- FB Dan Vitale
#225- WR Ricardo Louis
#247- CB Juston Burris
UDFA- OLB Devante Bond, DT Connor Wujciak, DT Joel Heath, S Derrick Kindred, CB DeAndre Elliott, DE Dean Lowry, ILB B.J. Goodson, QB Vernon Adams, QB Jeff Driskell, T Caleb Benenoch, T Tyler Johnstone, C Jake Brendel, CB Kalan Reed

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Willyeye":10denm0l said:

#26- T Germain Ifedi
#56- C Ryan Kelly or C Nick Martin
#90- DT Javon Hargrave
#97- G Connor McGovern
#124- RB Tyler Ervin
#171- FS Justin Simmons
#215- FB Dan Vitale
#225- WR Ricardo Lewis
#247- CB Juston Burris
UDFA- OLB Devante Bond, DT Connor Wujciak, DT Joel Heath, S Derrick Kindred, CB DeAndre Elliott, DE Dean Lowry, ILB B.J. Goodson, QB Vernon Adams, QB Jeff Driskell, T Caleb Benenoch, T Tyler Johnstone, C Jake Brendel, CB Kalan Reed

Almost exactly my picks through 171. Prefer Coleman to Ifedi. Something doesn't sit right with me on him. I just don't see a guy that plays with the kind of edge we want. As a specimen -- yep. Play on tape -- nope. Intensity -- nope. With a first round pick, would find it hard to imagine we'd ignore all of the other aspects of prospects that we like simply because he is the physical prototype. We've gone for special players early and Ifedi is NOT special.

I get the excitement for Tyler Ervin. I just don't see it being necessary to reach on him. I would fully expect him to be available at 124. But if not, there are other less attractive options. Ultimately he's not a feature back. We're 2 deep already so were aren't even in the same ballpark need wise as we were taking Turbin in the 4th. It feels like we're set up to let the RB options fall to us this year by virtue of resigning Michael. Ervin is the kind of player we *should* let the draft come to us. If we were willing to wait for Wilson -- then we sure as heck should be willing to wait for Ervin.

We want a 3rd round back. Ervin would be good. There are other options for that in the draft. And failing that we could resign Jackson all the same or get a post June 1 street FA for that role. Not urgent enough to burn a day 2 pick IMO. There are alternatives aplenty.

Simmons and Vitale look like great day three dev projects. I'm pretty sure though that 171 through the end of the draft will have a lot of guys that weren't at the combine. Search the pro day results hard in that range. Those are the guys we end up taking in R5-R7.

titan3131

Reaction score
IM REALLY HIGH ON

TYRONE HOLMES DE from Montana

his pro day #'s are top 5 in his position.

OP
OP
W

Willyeye

Reaction score

#26- T Jason Spriggs
#56- DT/DE Javon Hargrave
#90- G/C Connor McGovern
#97- RB Tyler Ervin
#124- G/C Joe Dahl or T Joe Haeg
#171- FS Justin Simmons
#215- FB Dan Vitale
#225- WR Ricardo Louis
#247- CB Juston Burris

UDFA's- QB Jeff Driskel, QB Vernon Adams, G/C Anthony Fabiano, C Jake Brendel, G/T Sebastian Johansson, G Vi Teofilo, CB Lewis Hill, CB DeAndre Elliott, S Derrick Kindred, S Tyler Hunter, DT Connor Wujciak, DE Dean Lowry, OLB Devante Bond, OLB Chris Edwards, ILB Will Ratelle, RB Jhurell Pressley, WR Devon Cajuste, TE Ben Madon

OP
OP
W

Willyeye

Reaction score
Option #2 with trade down of pick #56 with Panthers for picks #62 and #129:

#26- T Jason Spriggs
#62- DT/DE Javon Hargrave
#90- G/C Connor McGovern
#97- RB Tyler Ervin
#124- G/C Joe Dahl or T Joe Haeg
#129- OLB Travis Feeney
#171- FS Justin Simmons
#215- FB Dan Vitale
#225- WR Ricardo Louis
#247- CB Juston Burris

UDFA's- QB Jeff Driskel, QB Vernon Adams, G/C Anthony Fabiano, C Jake Brendel, G/T Sebastian Johansson, G Vi Teofilo, CB Lewis Hill, CB DeAndre Elliott, S Derrick Kindred, S Tyler Hunter, DT Connor Wujciak, DE Dean Lowry, OLB Devante Bond, OLB Chris Edwards, ILB Will Ratelle, RB Jhurell Pressley, WR Devon Cajuste, TE Ben Madon

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Willyeye":2eexuoal said:
McGruff":2eexuoal said:
Don't give up, Willeye! No matter what the critics say . . . Dreamers dream. Dream on.

Thank you for the kind words...I was starting to get depressed...seemed like everybody hates my list. I just want the best for the Seahawks. I really don't see why my list is so bad after tweaking it a little.
Keep singing, Willeye! Maybe you underestimate your powers. You seem to have lured Lord McGruff from the darkside. ;)

Aerosmith live at donington 05 636 380

The names that jump out at me from your list are Ervin, Vitale, Louis. I'll tell you what, though. Juston Burris is an underrated player. To me, he looked very smooth in drills at the combine. He caught my eye.

Il 570xN523817488 i0kx

OP
OP
W

Willyeye

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":1c33ol2e said:
Willyeye":1c33ol2e said:
McGruff":1c33ol2e said:
Don't give up, Willeye! No matter what the critics say . . . Dreamers dream. Dream on.

Thank you for the kind words...I was starting to get depressed...seemed like everybody hates my list. I just want the best for the Seahawks. I really don't see why my list is so bad after tweaking it a little.
Keep singing, Willeye! Maybe you underestimate your powers. You seem to have lured Lord McGruff from the darkside. ;)

Aerosmith live at donington 05 636 380

The names that jump out at me from your list are Ervin, Vitale, Louis. I'll tell you what, though. Juston Burris is an underrated player. To me, he looked very smooth in drills at the combine. He caught my eye.

Il 570xN523817488 i0kx

That brings back some awesome memories from back in the 10th grade in 1973. Man, I had a great childhood, especially in high school. Go Hawks !!!

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I really like the idea of picking up Joe dahl. I read that he was the best pass blocker at his position last year. The concern is the air raid offense and lack of run blocking. I think for a mid to late round pick, it would be more than worth the risk. If cable could teach to be efficient in the zone blocking scheme, he could be one of the steals in the draft. Plus he has position versatility.

I like your pick for keith marshall. I think his injury history is overstated and he was just stuck behind gurly and chubb. The dude put up good numbers and highlights for a backup.

I like ryan kelly at 26. He may be the best o linemen left at that point, and probably won't last much past that. Center just isn't a sexy pick for first round, but he isn't your every day center.