Multiple plays called at the end-

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Incredible play selection on that game winning drive. Was it on Russ or Bevell? Has me wondering if multiple plays were called or if we were just winging it? Obvious clocking situation but Russ slings the game winner, wasn't blown coverage as much as the defender thought it was going to be a spike! Once again Russ played his best when he didnt have time to think about the game!

johnnyfever

Reaction score
The texans definitely werent ready for that play. We had guys open all over the place. To have Jimmy just run straight into the EZ with no one covering him is crazy.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson had pulled the offense together before the defense held them and told them to be ready and what plays were going to be called. Take that for what it is worth.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
It gave me the chills watching the highlights. The kind of chills you get when you are positive you saw a ghost walk into your kitchen after you fall asleep on the couch. Russell can throw the living shit out of a football, Lawd Jesus!

chris98251

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1n85rduq said:
It gave me the chills watching the highlights. The kind of chills you get when you are positive you saw a ghost walk into your kitchen after you fall asleep on the couch. Russell can throw the living shit out of a football, Lawd Jesus!

That one pass to McKissic in the end zone it looked like it dislocated his finger, he was pulling on it after the drop.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Seafan":3t1wj45g said:
I bet Russell never once thought about audibiling into a draw play.

:sarcasm_on: Yeah, that surprised me too. :sarcasm_off:

Josea16

Reaction score
chris98251":1658x37p said:
Wilson had pulled the offense together before the defense held them and told them to be ready and what plays were going to be called. Take that for what it is worth.
So yes they had multiple plays ready. Seriously if Pete would just let Bevell actually be the OC for a whole game or let Russ be Russ from the start we might score 24-28 as the baseline.

I get it that everyone here loves defense but there is no reason this current offense can't put up 24 points in ANY circumstance.

Smellyman

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1yemvw5g said:
The texans definitely werent ready for that play. We had guys open all over the place. To have Jimmy just run straight into the EZ with no one covering him is crazy.

I think the Texans thought for sure RW was going to spike it to kill the clock.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
The Texans were scrambling to get guys back onsides and setup. Lockett ran the ball straight to the ref after his catch. There was one Texan player that was about 10 yds in the Hawks backfield trailing and Russ could have snapped it and had a free play. I don't think he saw that guy, but he did the right thing and didn't rush. I was screaming to snap it while that guy was still off sides.

erik2690

Reaction score
Based on what Jimmy said in his postgame it seems like Russ was calling those plays, certainly the 2 after the P-Rich catch. I think Russ calls quite a bit in 2 min/hurry up situations. Graham was basically saying 'Yeah the D didn't cover me but Russ was calling the right things too'.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":19y70dug said:
Incredible play selection on that game winning drive. Was it on Russ or Bevell? Has me wondering if multiple plays were called or if we were just winging it? Obvious clocking situation but Russ slings the game winner, wasn't blown coverage as much as the defender thought it was going to be a spike! Once again Russ played his best when he didnt have time to think about the game!
It's almost always the QB running the offense in a two-minute drill - for any team. Why do you think it was so effective, lol.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
You guys have heard about the speaker in the helmet technology, right? Collaborative effort.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":get5lgbe said:
Siouxhawk":get5lgbe said:
You guys have heard about the speaker in the helmet technology, right? Collaborative effort.
Stop sticking up for your boy toy. Even with real-time helmet-to-OC conversation, QBs still run the offense in two-minute drills.
Some of that, yes, but he's still getting direction. More importantly, though, is that he's a veteran QB who has been coached up to do that when put in such a position. That's why I said collaborative effort.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":18c4s1tj said:
Jesus Christ you are unbelievable, lol.
Just being a realist and enjoying the win. Figure it out. Russ executed what he has been taught to do.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1hqxr7wb said:
RolandDeschain":1hqxr7wb said:
Jesus Christ you are unbelievable, lol.
Just being a realist and enjoying the win. Figure it out. Russ executed what he has been taught to do.

thanks prelag good point

sc85sis

Reaction score
Russ said in his postgame press conference that he and Austin Davis, and he and Bevell were discussing on the sideline what they could do offensively if the D got them the ball back. Russ then went to the receivers and told them to “be ready for these plays.”

I’m not always the biggest fan of Bevell, but he gets an unrealistic amount of heat on this board. It’s entirely possible to give Russ credit for heads up play and also acknowledge that perhaps the OC had a hand in the plays.