Moffitt

seahawksny

Reaction score
Can someone tell me why he was cut? The ny giants would have beaten us tonight

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I think Denver picked him up.

My understanding is that they are pretty good.

I wonder if he might be a better player than a 7th round rookie or a guy that you need to tape oven mitts on his hands to keep him from holding?

We got rid of him because he was not a bully on run blocking. But he could pass block, and it turns out we sort of forgot that if you have a star QB it might be a great idea to keep him from being ground into dust.

We have some really great talent and skill eval guys in picking through the draft but they tend to think they are smarter than they are with FO decisions at times. Just because you can do something does not mean you should, that whole reach exceeds the grasp thing. Then again, who could predict half the line going out for half the season but man that loss of OL help might really really hurt us.

Good thing we have that crappy backup QB from SF we signed to make up for it. No sense keeping a serviceable OL when you can use a roster slot to mess with SF in the papers.

ensett

Reaction score
Moffit is leagues beyond the Sweez bag at pass protection

WarHawks

Reaction score
Spot on. It's almost like they are treating the o-line as an afterthought. Imagine what RW could do if he actually had time to throw the ball.

Axx

Reaction score
Amen, moffit was better than sweezy

UGotHawked

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2bbeyrem said:
I think Denver picked him up.

My understanding is that they are pretty good.

Yeah Moffit's 9 total snaps through the first 7 games has really been integral part of their success. :roll:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Maybe not, but he stuck on the roster.

Meanwhile, the Seahawks are going to have to resort to putting ads on the "I Saw You" section of Craigslist to find any OL they can.

Clearly he could have helped.

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
John Moffitt is Paul McQuistan with personality.

Just a plug. An experienced, serviceable, player. But the fact is Russell Okung allowed just 2 sacks last season. There ain't a Moffitt nor McQuistan on God's Green Earth that is filling in and doing that.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Moffitt was a mite better at pass protection, worse at run-blocking. That PC kept Sweezy shows you where his priorities lie. Not a criticism, just an observation.

Dismas

Reaction score
seahawksny":qc60yjqo said:
Can someone tell me why he was cut? The ny giants would have beaten us tonight

But the St Louis Rams did NOT beat us.

Yes it was ugly, the game plan and O line both made me cringe, But the team escaped with a W.

And really, No, I don't think the Gints could have beat us tonight.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":26ytlgrs said:
Moffitt was a mite better at pass protection, worse at run-blocking. That PC kept Sweezy shows you where his priorities lie......
And since his priorities are obvious (and I agree with you that they are) why did Marshawn Lynch get but 8 carries tonight? And why does Pete Carroll's Seahawks team seem to always look like this vs. Jeff Fisher's Rams team?

Latest posts