Minor Hip Surgery for Kam Chancellor

Throwdown

Reaction score
Alien abduction can be the only reason.

Clayton looks like an alien, he says it happened. Kam is confused, doesn't recall it.

Poor Kam.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2yra0ska said:
What is it with hip surgery and the Seahawks?

Hip injuries supposedly made up 10% of all injuries in the NFL between 1997 and 2006 (http://ajs.sagepub.com/content/36/11/2187.abstract). Two players on one team having hip injuries on one team is not even 10% of their roster.

If anybody has additional information on Chancellor's approximate diagnosis that would be helpful when trying to compare it to Harvin's injury. There's a lot going on in a "hip" and there are a lot more possible injuries than just Harvin's labral tear.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1p4m964s said:
MizzouHawkGal":1p4m964s said:
What is it with hip surgery and the Seahawks?

Hip injuries supposedly made up 10% of all injuries in the NFL between 1997 and 2006 (http://ajs.sagepub.com/content/36/11/2187.abstract). Two players on one team having hip injuries on one team is not even 10% of their roster.

If anybody has additional information on Chancellor's approximate diagnosis that would be helpful when trying to compare it to Harvin's injury. There's a lot going on in a "hip" and there are a lot more possible injuries than just Harvin's labral tear.
Thanks for the information.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
OMG... dig up the money and boil water bitches!!!! Its Armageddon!

See ya soon Kam. There are plenty of nightmares to create.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Kam actually played through the hip issues the past couple seasons. When Percy got hurt it was discovered that Kam had played through a slightly less severe version of essentially the same injury for an entire year. So now it's been two seasons + post seasons. He is a freakin' stud., and embodies all that our defense stands for. Here's to a quick and full recovery!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Guys, relax; Pete Carroll is not Bill Belichick, he's not going to flat-out lie about everything injury-related. If Carroll's not worried, I'm not worried.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm not worried about it either.
Having that out of the way, IMHO no hip surgery is "minor".
Some may be less extensive than others, but minor, I don't think so.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
Throwdown":20keuzkv said:

Clayton looks like an alien, he says it happened. Kam is confused, doesn't recall it.

Poor Kam.

Perhaps someone could ask Kam, "Does the butt hurt?" That's the litmus test for whether an alien abduction has occurred or not. #probing :2:

Throwdown

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":2kf36czv said:
Throwdown":2kf36czv said:

Poor Kam.

Perhaps someone could ask Kam, "Does the butt hurt?" That's the litmus test for whether an alien abduction has occurred or not. #probing :2:

I don't think they could do that, not without the risk of waking that manbeast up, and ruining their mission when Kam kills all them with his bare hands.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2xbj4c33 said:

An arthroscopic procedure is minimally invasive and is generally considered "minor" surgery, particularly compared to an open procedure. An arthroscopic procedure for the hip could have near complete recovery in a much smaller time than an open procedure (a few months instead of something on the order of a year). Additionally elite athletes will generally heal much faster than "normal" people under the same circumstances.

Uthawk

Reaction score
So this hasn't been substantiated yet, correct? Latest news was still the contradictory twitter post from Kam?

TwilightError

Reaction score
We have bad experiences on hip surgeries... I hope the "Iron Chancellor" heals fast.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
TwilightError":2h7l55i0 said:
We have bad experiences on hip surgeries... I hope the "Iron Chancellor" heals fast.

I concur. Hope the time frame for recovery is truly minor.

We need ya Kam! :229031_victory:

pmedic920

Reaction score
bmorepunk":15w7be70 said:
pmedic920":15w7be70 said:

An arthroscopic procedure is minimally invasive and is generally considered "minor" surgery, particularly compared to an open procedure. An arthroscopic procedure for the hip could have near complete recovery in a much smaller time than an open procedure (a few months instead of something on the order of a year). Additionally elite athletes will generally heal much faster than "normal" people under the same circumstances.

I get it, and was speaking in a figurative sense, with #11's minor surgery fresh in my mind.
Sorry I didn't make that more clear.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Harvin's surgery wasn't minor at all.

They repaired a labrum and practically reshaped his hip joint.

Latest posts