Mike Rob

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Well, then ImTheScientist is batting triple donuts on Harvin and MikeRob.

I hope the Scientist isn't working on a formula to save the world.

Laloosh

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2j4a4x5p said:
Scottemojo":2j4a4x5p said:
Well, then ImTheScientist is batting triple donuts on Harvin and MikeRob.

I hope the Scientist isn't working on a formula to save the world.

Im not perfect, nobody is. I only need to bat .300 to be considered good.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/in ... n+%2Bdraft
Hit that one out....grandslam.

:snack:

Heh, the post below yours talking about how Peyton would never play football again. Wonder what he's thinking now.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2p9kbm23 said:
E.C. Laloosh":2p9kbm23 said:
Throwdown":2p9kbm23 said:
lol Blitzer is my boy but, man, is he depressing to read lately.

Has nothing on his Sonics related posts.

Hey now.......can't get on me for those because unfortunately.......I was kinda right about that whole situation and Stern.

I know, Blitzer. In the end your concerns were valid but man, were you pouring it on lol. I only tease because it was one of the few funny things that I took away from the entire experience.

This is basically you in that thread: :240039:

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Rocket":29pqiran said:
Someone trusts his fullback now... and his numbers show it.

While I do think MRob helps Im not sure you can say that his numbers show it. What about the rams game? I went back to the bucs game and the only run I see in the highlight package of his on NFL.com is a handoff with RW in shotgun...no MRob.

Show me the numbers and I can be sold on that. I just don't think its a huge part of this teams game and I don't know that his numbers would show it.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1m9mjpnr said:
Rocket":1m9mjpnr said:
Someone trusts his fullback now... and his numbers show it.

While I do think MRob helps Im not sure you can say that his numbers show it. What about the rams game? I went back to the bucs game and the only run I see in the highlight package of his on NFL.com is a handoff with RW in shotgun...no MRob.

Show me the numbers and I can be sold on that. I just don't think its a huge part of this teams game and I don't know that his numbers would show it.

The rams game? With his whopping 8 whole carries and their D stacking the box?

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah I really did not expect it to be THAT noticeable of a difference. Lynch had less hesitation, just getting straight downhill, and on the replays I could see why. If I were a linebacker I would start dry-heaving whenever I saw the I-formation out there, because whoever steps into that tunnel is going to get crushed by MRob.

I hope we see the I-formation early and often from now on.

dunceface

Reaction score
hawk45":1x7mzy4o said:
Yeah I really did not expect it to be THAT noticeable of a difference. Lynch had less hesitation, just getting straight downhill, and on the replays I could see why. If I were a linebacker I would start dry-heaving whenever I saw the I-formation out there, because whoever steps into that tunnel is going to get crushed by MRob.

I hope we see the I-formation early and often from now on.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":2i9psckb said:
I'm getting 5.64 yards per carry since MRob's return... 4.09 per carry prior to MRob's return.

Thanks, but that is a bit of a simple answer. What I am asking is what is his YPC with Robinson (Coleman) in the play versus not in the play. Isn't that a much better way of seeing what his effect is?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3qx4u60o said:
LawlessHawk":3qx4u60o said:
I'm getting 5.64 yards per carry since MRob's return... 4.09 per carry prior to MRob's return.

Thanks, but that is a bit of a simple answer. What I am asking is what is his YPC with Robinson (Coleman) in the play versus not in the play. Isn't that a much better way of seeing what his effect is?
Way, way less than 4.09. Most of Lynch's success early on was from one back sets.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Come on, I know it's the simple answer, lol.... just threw it out there to highlight the "MRob Effect" if you will... hell the two games Robinson has been back include both Beast's "best" and "worst" games so far this year, if I'm not mistaken.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am also looking forward to seeing him catching a few passes, he has proven he can score when we get near the Red Zone, especially if the ball gets to him through the air.

There used to be a video on youtube showing all the games last year, and it was interesting just how often key drives were kept alive by Robinson and McCoy. I honestly don't care about the stats. Nobody cares about the # of plays you used a guy, what matters is the affect one player has on a game. Go back and watch the amount of 3rd downs that guys like Miller and Robinson saved. There are not a whole bunch, but if you go back and check on important scoring drives, you find a several 3rd downs that kept the sticks moving.

I absolutely felt that MRob was a missing piece that we could ill afford to lose on a championship run. Now we have so many key players injured he is even more important.

I don't even understand why people seem determined not to give him credit. Statistics devoid of context are just a poor argument for the lazy. He made a big difference last year and we need him to make a difference this year too.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":f1uwxzbd said:
I am also looking forward to seeing him catching a few passes, he has proven he can score when we get near the Red Zone, especially if the ball gets to him through the air.

There used to be a video on youtube showing all the games last year, and it was interesting just how often key drives were kept alive by Robinson and McCoy. I honestly don't care about the stats. Nobody cares about the # of plays you used a guy, what matters is the affect one player has on a game. Go back and watch the amount of 3rd downs that guys like Miller and Robinson saved. There are not a whole bunch, but if you go back and check on important scoring drives, you find a several 3rd downs that kept the sticks moving.

I absolutely felt that MRob was a missing piece that we could ill afford to lose on a championship run. Now we have so many key players injured he is even more important.

I don't even understand why people seem determined not to give him credit. Statistics devoid of context are just a poor argument for the lazy. He made a big difference last year and we need him to make a difference this year too.
Yup. If I recall correctly, every Miller reception on Sunday went for a first down, with several being key firsts on 3rd down

dunceface

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":2mpfiqs2 said:
Come on, I know it's the simple answer, lol.... just threw it out there to highlight the "MRob Effect" if you will... hell the two games Robinson has been back include both Beast's "best" and "worst" games so far this year, if I'm not mistaken.

Rams game was obviously just a re-adjustment game for MRob...

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
BigBallsPete":1stlz8fz said:
Where is Tech Worlds to tell us why MROB doesn't matter?

Its not that he doesn't matter, I think its more he doesn't matter as much as many are making it out to matter.