Michael Crabtree announces deal to sign with Oakland

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":2xi60qmw said:
Marvin49":2xi60qmw said:
rideaducati":2xi60qmw said:
Is there another way to determine how fast a receiver happens to be that is only available to you?

Keep had Lockette and Lockette is one of the fastest players in the NFL. How did that work out? Maybe Torrey Smith is just the first "speed receiver" that you have heard of prior to him joining the niners.

SMDH. I dunno, how'd that work out for you?

Not really sure LOCKETTE is the guy you wanna bring up right now.

Keep trying to make your point in any way you know how, but the fact remains that the 49ers have not had a true deep threat at WR while Kap has been the QB. The only guys they've really had were guys in the last years of their careers and actually coming out of retirement (Moss, Lloyd).

Will it make a difference? That remains to be seen...but please stop telling me who is and is not a deep threat on the Niners roster. Hell, the best deep threat on the Niners roster last year was Brandon Lloyd and he ran 4.62 at the combine....and that was over a decade ago. His career yards per reception is 15.0

Percy Harvin ran 4.41. Was he a deep threat? His career yards per reception is 11.5.
Tavon Austin ran 4.34. Career yards per reception is 9.3.
Torrey Smith? 16.9 per reception and ran 4.43 at combine.

40 times test how fast you can run a 40 yard dash, not deep threat ability.

I have no idea if Torrey with be great or a total bust in SF, but the Niners have never had a player like him with Kap at QB.

You told everyone that Keeporpick has never had a deep threat, my contention is that he actually HAS, but hasn't done anything with them because he isn't very good. Even the year Keep led the league in deep pass completion percentage, his receivers bailed him out on most of those 19 completed deep passes. Torrey Smith is a deep threat because his route running isn't good so he only runs deep.

...and now you've graduated to flat making sh*t up. I'd love to see how you substantiate that one.

Gratz. :D

Please explain to me WHO those invisible deep threats are. The only viable deep threats he's ever had were TEs. Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker. Walker led the team in yards per reception in 2012 and is IMO one of the most underrated loses the Niners have had in recent memory.

Boldin? No.
Crab? No.
Moss? Those days long behind him.
Lloyd? See Moss.
Johnson? No.
AJ Jenkins? Not close.
Patton? Was never thought to be a deep threat.
Kyle Williams? Please.
Ricardo Lockette? Can't believe a Seahawk fan would ever invoke that name.
Ellington? Much more of a slot guy.

Where are these deep threats you speak of?

Niners have been trying to get one for years. That's why they drafted AJ. That's why they tried to sign DeSean Jackson. That's why the DID sign Torrey Smith.

Cracks me up...your entire viewpoint is based on "they wear red and gold therefore they suck".

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":2vujpn9c said:
rideaducati":2vujpn9c said:
Marvin49":2vujpn9c said:
rideaducati":2vujpn9c said:
Is there another way to determine how fast a receiver happens to be that is only available to you?

Keep had Lockette and Lockette is one of the fastest players in the NFL. How did that work out? Maybe Torrey Smith is just the first "speed receiver" that you have heard of prior to him joining the niners.

Keep trying to make your point in any way you know how, but the fact remains that the 49ers have not had a true deep threat at WR while Kap has been the QB. The only guys they've really had were guys in the last years of their careers and actually coming out of retirement (Moss, Lloyd).

Will it make a difference? That remains to be seen...but please stop telling me who is and is not a deep threat on the Niners roster. Hell, the best deep threat on the Niners roster last year was Brandon Lloyd and he ran 4.62 at the combine....and that was over a decade ago. His career yards per reception is 15.0

Percy Harvin ran 4.41. Was he a deep threat? His career yards per reception is 11.5.

I have no idea if Torrey with be great or a total bust in SF, but the Niners have never had a player like him with Kap at QB.

You told everyone that Keeporpick has never had a deep threat, my contention is that he actually HAS, but hasn't done anything with them because he isn't very good. Even the year Keep led the league in deep pass completion percentage, his receivers bailed him out on most of those 19 completed deep passes. Torrey Smith is a deep threat because his route running isn't good so he only runs deep.

...and now you've graduated to flat making sh*t up. I'd love to see how you substantiate that one.

Please explain to me WHO those invisible deep threats are. The only viable deep threats he's ever had were TEs. Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker. Walker led the team in yards per reception in 2012 and is IMO one of the most underrated loses the Niners have had in recent memory.

Boldin? No.
Crab? No.
Lloyd? See Moss.
Johnson? No.
AJ Jenkins? Not close.
Kyle Williams? Please.

Niners have been trying to get one for years. That's why they drafted AJ. That's why they tried to sign DeSean Jackson. That's why the DID sign Torrey Smith.

Cracks me up...your entire viewpoint is based on "they wear red and gold therefore they suck".

I said the same thing back then because I WATCHED every pass he made. The last two years niner receivers haven't been as good at bailing Keeporpick out.

I DO hate the niners, but Keeporpick would suck even if I liked them. You can't blame me for your QB sucking. You also shouldn't blame the wide receivers. They have next to zero chance to really excel given the QB they have to work with.

rlkats

Reaction score
While I agree with some of what you say ducati. The one very visible thing that is continuing to stick out. There has been ZERO seperation from recievers. While yes Kap is I feel regressedbir came back to earth so to speak. I dont care who you are if the recievers get no seperation the QB has a hard time. None of our recievers scared anyone and thats the prob so the were able to play close and tight.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
rlkats":w0297yb5 said:
While I agree with some of what you say ducati. The one very visible thing that is continuing to stick out. There has been ZERO seperation from recievers. While yes Kap is I feel regressedbir came back to earth so to speak. I dont care who you are if the recievers get no seperation the QB has a hard time. None of our recievers scared anyone and thats the prob so the were able to play close and tight.

Do your receivers create less separation in the 4th Quarter? Because Kaepernick is the league's worst 4th Quarter QB:
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats ... ting/2014/

His QB rating declines from 100+ in the First Quarter to an NFL-worst 60.3 in the 4th Quarter. He was the league's only starting QB last season not to complete a TD pass in the 4th Quarter.

When his team is within seven points in 4th Quarter, his QB rating declines even more to 57.5 -- 53% completions and less than six yards per completion.

This leads me to believe the 49ers' receiving corps has not been the underlying problem.

rideaducati

Reaction score
rlkats":1gzt0wjj said:

Keeporpick doesn't throw the ball UNTIL there is separation. He waits way too long for that separation to happen with his first read and by the time he realizes that he can't go to that guy it is too late to go to another target.

rlkats

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2jrs9dxd said:
rlkats":2jrs9dxd said:

Do your receivers create less separation in the 4th Quarter? Because Kaepernick is the league's worst 4th Quarter QB:
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats ... ting/2014/

His QB rating declines from 100+ in the First Quarter to an NFL-worst 60.3 in the 4th Quarter. He was the league's only starting QB last season not to complete a TD pass in the 4th Quarter.

When his team is within seven points in 4th Quarter, his QB rating declines even more to 57.5 -- 53% completions and less than six yards per completion.

This leads me to believe the 49ers' receiving corps has not been the underlying problem.

Thats absolutely correct. Thats why I believe he has regressed.

rlkats

Reaction score
rideaducati":27tlq3z7 said:
rlkats":27tlq3z7 said:

Keeporpick doesn't throw the ball UNTIL there is separation. He waits way too long for that separation to happen with his first read and by the time he realizes that he can't go to that guy it is too late to go to another target.

Again could not agree more. I just dont think its all on Kap. Listen ive never been a fan of him. But his supporting cast last year was horrible. But so was the entire offense so who knows.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":annxdmdh said:
Marvin49":annxdmdh said:
rideaducati":annxdmdh said:
Marvin49":annxdmdh said:

Boldin? No.
Crab? No.
Lloyd? See Moss.
Johnson? No.
AJ Jenkins? Not close.
Kyle Williams? Please.

I said the same thing back then because I WATCHED every pass he made. The last two years niner receivers haven't been as good at bailing Keeporpick out.

I DO hate the niners, but Keeporpick would suck even if I liked them. You can't blame me for your QB sucking. You also shouldn't blame the wide receivers. They have next to zero chance to really excel given the QB they have to work with.

I'm sorry, but I'm done with this futile conversation. I simply can't take you seriously when you essentially pull stuff out of your posterior to support your point. If anything, he was let down on several occasions by pass catchers in 2012...Delanie Walker principal among them. Delanie was a huge piece of that offense even when he wasn't getting the ball, but had SEVERAL critical drops during the season...one of which would have been a game winner.

You might be able to make the point that its possible that he regressed since 2012, but to suggest he was bailed out by his WRs in 2012 and THATS why he was the most accurate thrower on passes over 25 yards in the NFL that year is simply ludicrous.

Peace.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":1dk2qk40 said:
I'm sorry, but I'm done with this futile conversation. I simply can't take you seriously when you essentially pull stuff out of your posterior to support your point. If anything, he was let down on several occasions by pass catchers in 2012...Delanie Walker principal among them. Delanie was a huge piece of that offense even when he wasn't getting the ball, but had SEVERAL critical drops during the season...one of which would have been a game winner.

You might be able to make the point that its possible that he regressed since 2012, but to suggest he was bailed out by his WRs in 2012 and THATS why he was the most accurate thrower on passes over 25 yards in the NFL that year is simply ludicrous.

Peace.

Very small sample size in 2012: 10 games started. . . seven games started in the regular season (10 fumbles, 5 INTs). 52.8% completions in a 42-13 loss to the Seahawks. I think we saw what he was made of when he missed three consecutive passes in the red zone in the Super Bowl.

It was the same with Foles in 2013, i.e. very small sample size.

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2z7jdh8v said:
Marvin49":2z7jdh8v said:

Peace.

Very small sample size in 2012: 10 games started. . . seven games started in the regular season (10 fumbles, 5 INTs). 52.8% completions in a 42-13 loss to the Seahawks. I think we saw what he was made of when he missed three consecutive passes in the red zone in the Super Bowl.

It was the same with Foles in 2013, i.e. very small sample size.

Pulling stuff out of my arse? It's kind of funny how the more Keeporpick plays, the more my point gets proven correct and Marv's gets proven WRONG...yet I'm the one pulling stuff out my arse. Keep licking that Keeporpick arse Marvin. Go back and watch Keeporpick's first 10 starts and tell me that those wide receivers weren't bailing him out. When you come back claiming ANYTHING different, you haven't watched those games or you don't know what you're watching.

As far as the "dropped" passes, look at how many were thrown at 90mph that didn't need to be thrown that hard and tell me again how it was the receivers that let poor Keeporpick down. You claim that Boldin has "great" hands, I think he does too, yet Boldin "drops" his share of passes too. Most of the ones he drops are also balls that are thrown MUCH HARDER than they needed to be, but you blame some guy that gets two targets per game for dropping 90mph fastballs. Yep, it's all to be blamed on Keeporpick not having a speedy option at wide receiver.

It's rather amusing listening to niner fan blame wide receiver after wide receiver after wide receiver after wide receiver... I GUARANTEE they'll be blaming wide receivers until Keeporpick is gone.

What will by your excuse for Keeporpick WHEN Torrey Smith doesn't pan out Marv? You better think of one pretty quick. I'll help you...Keeporpick sucks.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hey guys, the niners signed Torrey Smith... I recognize the name and he is fast... FINALLY, a deep threat wide receiver.

Hey Marv. Here is a list of speedy receivers the niners have had with Keeporpick. It's not their fault that Keeporpick hasn't let them develop into "actual" deep threats. To become "actual" deep threats, they would need an offense more conducive to deep passes and a much better deep passer.

Ted Ginn Jr.
Kyle Williams
A.J. Jenkins
Ricardo Lockette
Those were available and were just as fast or faster than Torrey Smith.

If there weren't EVER any "actual" deep threats for Keeporpick, how did he ever lead the league in completion percentage in deep passes? I'll tell you...beginner's luck. Since Keep's first 10 games where he was supposedly the best, he has somehow regressed to LAST in the exact same category with supposed better wide receivers each year...At least we were told PRIOR to every year that the wide receivers were better.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rideaducati":3r93kz4o said:
Ted Ginn Jr.
Kyle Williams
A.J. Jenkins
Ricardo Lockette

If there weren't EVER any "actual" deep threats for Keeporpick, how did he ever lead the league in completion percentage in deep passes?

Oooh, and now we get to the fun place where you've talked yourself into a corner.

Yep, Kaepernick led the league in deep pass completion percentage in 2012. Is it because of these deep threats you've listed, though?

Uh-oh. These guys had twelve receptions total during Kap's starts in 2012. For all four of these "deep threats" you are talking about a single completion in the entire season. Seriously, as deep threats they collectively contributed a single reception of over 15 yards. If you want to credit these guys as deep threat receivers even when Kap led the league in deep passes, well, you've got a mountain of an uphill battle, my friend.

As Marvin and I have been trying to tell you, the "deep threats" you keep listing for the 9ers have never been considered as deep threats by anyone with even a passing familiarity with the team.

Don't get me wrong, Torrey Smith may show up and be a total waste who does absolutely nothing, but to argue that they've had a receiver like him before is just bonkers. It's simply untrue.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3d60lcv6 said:
rideaducati":3d60lcv6 said:
Ted Ginn Jr.
Kyle Williams
A.J. Jenkins
Ricardo Lockette

If there weren't EVER any "actual" deep threats for Keeporpick, how did he ever lead the league in completion percentage in deep passes?

Oooh, and now we get to the fun place where you've talked yourself into a corner.

Yep, Kaepernick led the league in deep pass completion percentage in 2012. Is it because of these deep threats you've listed, though?

Uh-oh. These guys had twelve receptions total during Kap's starts in 2012. For all four of these "deep threats" you are talking about a single completion in the entire season. Seriously, as deep threats they collectively contributed a single reception of over 15 yards. If you want to credit these guys as deep threat receivers even when Kap led the league in deep passes, well, you've got a mountain of an uphill battle, my friend.

As Marvin and I have been trying to tell you, the "deep threats" you keep listing for the 9ers have never been considered as deep threats by anyone with even a passing familiarity with the team.

Don't get me wrong, Torrey Smith may show up and be a total waste who does absolutely nothing, but to argue that they've had a receiver like him before is just bonkers. It's simply untrue.

I did not say that ANY of them were deep threat receivers, but they weren't deep threat receivers because the OC and Keeporpick couldn't make them deep threat receivers. Torrey Smith comes in now as your "true" deep threat receiver, but he won't "really" be a deep threat on the niner team either because of Keeporpick. Torrey is the "true" deep threat receiver you guys have been clamoring for ONLY because you have heard of him and NOT because of ANYTHING he has done with Keeporpick as his QB. You think it will make a difference for Keep. I think Torrey Smith is a good receiver that will be another disappointment in a niner uniform. A disappointment for you, not for me.

As for Keeporpick leading the league in deep pass completion percentage, that was based on 33 passes, of which 19 were completed. That was a small sample size and since has shown to be more a case of beginner's luck than a dependable part of Keeporpick's game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
When Smith doesn't work out they'll still be making excuses for "Captain One Read". It's what they do. As long as he is wearing a niner uni the 49'er defense squad will be doing the defending.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3bor99to said:
When Smith doesn't work out they'll still be making excuses for "Captain One Read". It's what they do. As long as he is wearing a niner uni the 49'er defense squad will be doing the defending.

They'll eventually be forced to admit that I was right all along about Keeporpick. I just like to keep reminding them along the way.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rideaducati":31jwhudq said:
Sports Hernia":31jwhudq said:

They'll eventually be forced to admit that I was right all along about Keeporpick. I just like to keep reminding them along the way.
Good luck with that.
I think my chances of winning the Mega Millions lottery tonight are more likely. 8)

rlkats

Reaction score
Well ya Kap has major major improving to do. But I wonder who your QB wil be when mighty mouse quits football to play baseball. (Oh I say mighty mouse with respect because of his skills)

rideaducati

Reaction score
rlkats":3s5k7yeo said:
Well ya Kap has major major improving to do. But I wonder who your QB wil be when mighty mouse quits football to play baseball. (Oh I say mighty mouse with respect because of his skills)

Whoever the QB is that replaces Wilson, he'll be better than Keeporchoke.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":1wvzziuu said:
LOL, RW isn't going to play baseball. Doesn't have the talent currently or time to put in the work to be a Major League Baseball player. Most of this talk is about his love of baseball and being is being pushed by his agent (a baseball agent BTW).
He has about as much chance of becoming a major league baseball player as the Kraepper does.