Michael Brooks added for Falcons game

canzag

Reaction score
Saw that move coming a mile away,No Red or Hill. Needed a 4th DT. Bryan Walters was cut.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I like this guy, he was probably the player I thought was least likely to make it back to our practice squad.

kearly

Reaction score
Even though it is due to injury, I'm stoked to hear this. Being promoted to the active roster must mean he is doing something right in practices.

What's interesting to me is that Brooks is a very different player than Bryant and a somewhat different player than Hill. If they wanted someone with 1-tech flexibility, they would have called up the guy we traded from Denver who, at least for a time, was on our PS. So I think there is a decent chance this call up could have been as much about merit as need.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Since Bennett is going to move to DE to replace Bryant, they needed another 3-Tech DT. Brooks did a decent job at that during the preseason. Good depth to backup McDaniel and McDonald.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
He did look pretty good in the preseason. I too was surprised we could get him on the practice squad. I think someone had him for a bit. Good size at 75" 275.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
kearly":w2gy1sgq said:
If they wanted someone with 1-tech flexibility, they would have called up the guy we traded from Denver who, at least for a time, was on our PS. So I think there is a decent chance this call up could have been as much about merit as need.
Sealver Siliga wasn't an option, he's on the Patriots' active roster now. This wasn't a merit-based promotion, it was to have an extra body with Bryant and Hill out.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
We're gonna get steam rolled against the run if we can't manage to build a lead.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Bryan Walters was going to be the sacrificial lamb anyway, as it sure sounds like Percy Harvin will make his debut against his former team this next weekend at the CLINK. So with Bryant out for this game, cutting Walters loose and signing Brooks makes a ton of sense, as Brooks is a guy who can play Red's spot at the 5-Technique as well as slide inside and play the 3-Tech. Good for him. I don't know that he won't find himself back on the practice squad when they activate Harvin this next week, but this move makes a ton of sense for this game for sure.

Jville

Reaction score
Doug Baldwin Jr ✔ @DougBaldwinJr
Follow “@Seahawks have released WR Bryan Walters and sign DT Michael Brooks to the active roster”

Day before the game? At the hotel?

“Business”12:27 PM - 9 Nov 2013
Thats cold .... really really cold.

Latest posts