Members numbers for Seahawks.net

The Radish

Reaction score
Members since this last reincarnation is 5694.

Think we will make 6,000 prior to the start of the season?

I not speaking for the entire staff but I think we will make it by the end of training camp with no problem.

When we reach that number it will be the third time for me seeing that many members.

:th2thumbs:

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
Thanks for the site!!! New member here --- I am a long-time Seahawks fan moving from Seattle to DC right at the start of this season -- so it's going to be even more important to find a way to connect with the 12th man. I am particularly miffed at having to give up my opening day tickets. The Net seems like a good venue for staying involved while being far away from the city and team I love. Thanks again!

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
Stephen SeaHawking":2aj3waa9 said:
Thanks for the site!!! New member here --- I am a long-time Seahawks fan moving from Seattle to DC right at the start of this season -- so it's going to be even more important to find a way to connect with the 12th man. I am particularly miffed at having to give up my opening day tickets. The Net seems like a good venue for staying involved while being far away from the city and team I love. Thanks again!

Most everyone here will do all they can to keep you in the loop.

Work related?

:les:

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
The Radish":2y1d8hip said:
Stephen SeaHawking":2y1d8hip said:

Most everyone here will do all they can to keep you in the loop.

Work related?

:les:
Yep, got laid off in Seattle, then offered a new job in DC. Believe me, I wouldn't leave the paradise of Washington state unless I felt I had to! Going to rep the 12th man coast to coast.

The Outfield

Reaction score
There are 81 more days til the start of the season, so we would need to gain just under 4 members per day. We've gained 43 over the past month, so I don't think we'll reach it unless the excitement and anticipation ramps up immensely before the season starts.

Pretty nice to see such a steady growth in members, though.

Cartire

Reaction score
The Outfield":3q4e0b7b said:
There are 81 more days til the start of the season, so we would need to gain just under 4 members per day. We've gained 43 over the past month, so I don't think we'll reach it unless the excitement and anticipation ramps up immensely before the season starts.

Its the middle of the offseason. Once training camp starts and preseason kicks off, the rejuvenated fan base will be seeking an outlet to bond over the hawks.

chris98251

Reaction score
All Richard Sherman has to do is respond to a player from a team we have not had a twitterfest with yet and that number will be over 6000 in a day.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
When I see "Users browsing this forum" guest numbers back up above 500....then I think that we have a chance of going over 6000 members.

Hawker

Reaction score
Anything is possible. 6,000 surely is. Haven't been here all that long, nor posted all that often, but as a forum-goer I say this one surely takes the cake. As an adolescent brother of mine says, "we got this."

chris98251":3vi69u82 said:
All Richard Sherman has to do is respond to a player from a team we have not had a twitterfest with yet and that number will be over 6000 in a day.

I was thinking along these lines as well. Cowboys?

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
The Outfield":v2blhb9c said:

Its not unusual for new member requests to jump to a dozen a day at the start of training camp. With all the fans of various fans around the country interested in how their guy is doing. New requests are the first thing I check when I turn the computer on. It becomes a full time job for several of us.

World wide interest will ramp up as our "futbol" season approaches. So I won't be surprised at all.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Les,
A suggestion for you... someone here with a twitter account should tweet Pete, Sherman, Russell and/or Tate with a link to .net and a short message for all new Hawks fans to check out our chat forums. THAT would certainly raise the membership.

I don't tweet or else I'd give it a go.

Br, Dave.

Uberman

Reaction score
The really funny thing is, as a lurker for about 10 or so years now (and former stealth mod) that through each iteration of this site, the quality of postings, dialog, and news has just improved. Kudos to Aros and Rock for all the hard work here, each move (particularly the last few) may have been difficult, but they have paid off to where we are today

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":o0bfzsg5 said:
Les,
A suggestion for you... someone here with a twitter account should tweet Pete, Sherman, Russell and/or Tate with a link to .net and a short message for all new Hawks fans to check out our chat forums. THAT would certainly raise the membership.

I don't tweet or else I'd give it a go.

Br, Dave.

A good idea, anyone interested in doing?

JDSeahawks

Reaction score
Uberman":1ooij8gv said:
The really funny thing is, as a lurker for about 10 or so years now (and former stealth mod) that through each iteration of this site, the quality of postings, dialog, and news has just improved. Kudos to Aros and Rock for all the hard work here, each move (particularly the last few) may have been difficult, but they have paid off to where we are today

Kind of on the similar lines for me. I'm a new poster, but was just a lurker for a few years (not sure why so long). I felt it was time to jump in and start getting involved. There could be a good amount of lurkers like I was that will probably sign on just due to the high levels of excitement heading towards this season. No reason not to get on if you're a Hawks fan...signing on was very easy and new members seem to be welcomed aboard vs compared to some other forums!

Go HAWKS!

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
One thing that helps is talking our place up. In an earlier string people talked about meeting and talking to people wearing Hawk gear.

I just recently talked to a couple at Doyle's in Northwest Spokane, (THE BEST ICE CREAM PLACE IN THE WORLD), he was wearing a Sean Alexander jersey. I asked if he did anything with the Hawks online. Said tho he is online a lot he had never thought of getting his Seahawks info there.

So maybe we can gain him soon. I always ask anyone with Seahawks gear I talk to if they visit us. Sadly this guys wife asked if there was a site for the ninnirs. With a straight face I said no.

:lol:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The Radish":15oz8ie7 said:
Sadly this guys wife asked if there was a site for the ninnirs. With a straight face I said no.

:lol:

That good, Les... I love it.

Another suggestion... you mods and admins should have .net business cards to hand out when you find yourselves in similar situations.

Just an idea. In my experience, having a business card serves as a reminder to follow-up instead of relying on your memory to do so.

Largent80

Reaction score
People come and go.

There are a grip of folks no longer posting for whatever reasons.

It is the ebb and flow of life.

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
I can see it all now, "my card Madam".

SEAHAWKS.NET
(commonly called Olsen's Rangers)
At a computer near you

And no comments about me talking to a Madam, Mark made me do it and Sailor of course knew a couple.

8)