Marshawn Lynch to star in movie about himself

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
The film will chronicle Lynch's childhood as an Oakland-area youth, his high school days at Oakland Tech, his emergence at the collegiate level with the California Golden Bears, and his break into stardom in the NFL with the Seahawks. Quarterback Josh Johnson - Lynch's cousin and fellow Oakland native who signed with the division rival San Francisco 49ers earlier this week - will also be featured in the film.

"For me, it's just about having some fun," Lynch says. "It's just a fun experience. I also get to the shine light on the community and some of the things that we grew up doing and what we went through."

"Family First" will be rated PG-13 and is slated for a release toward the end of the calendar year.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... ededc7e8fb

MB12

Reaction score
This sounds absolutely awesome!

In regards to Lynch, does anyone think it is a bit odd how he has stopped talking the media? He did when he signed here and he also talked to the Real Rob Report...

DavidSeven

Reaction score
What surprises me is that this appears to be a biopic, not a documentary. And Marshawn is playing himself.

Normally don't see guys playing themselves in biographical films (and probably for good reason). Should be interesting to say the least.

MB12

Reaction score
Btw I'm not hating on Lynch, he is probably my favourite Hawk, I am just curious. I fully respect his decision and his privacy.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Musta been hard as hell for Lynch to do anything pg-13

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
This is probably why he went into the silent arena. These words could be taken out of context and probably were. Here is the Presser from a few years back.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/video ... 903f6f343f

Sorry to the mods if this is inappropriate. I feel it fits the OP.

Meow.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Here's hoping Marshawn plays himself throughout the entire flick, including childhood.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Seanhawk":rjz5t5fg said:
Here's hoping Marshawn plays himself throughout the entire flick, including childhood.

Yes! This! Eddie Murphy style