Mariners Trade Deadline Thread

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Would like to see them add an impact bat and backup catcher. Impact bat can be 2B or corner OF.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Well they really went all out and laid it on the line….these 3 should break the playoff drought.
Sure hope Castillo likes no-decisions…he should call Felix and get the lowdown on how this organization wastes HOF pitchers

balakoth

Reaction score
Well they really went all out and laid it on the line….these 3 should break the playoff drought.
Sure hope Castillo likes no-decisions…he should call Felix and get the lowdown on how this organization wastes HOF pitchers
..... LOL.... ok

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Castillo is used to no decisions. He pitched for Cincy, who is worse than Seattle.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Haters gonna hate. :LOL:
Am I supposed to be excited for these 3 moves?
I like the Castillo trade, I just don’t think it was enough.

As the only team to never make it to a WS they are still a stepchild to the sad sack Reds…..

ivotuk

Reaction score
This move is also an extension of one of my favorite trade subgenres: An up-and-coming team lands a no. 1 starter at the deadline to validate years of internal roster-building. Verlander to Houston in 2017, David Price to Toronto in 2015, that sort of thing. Few deals do more to hype up a clubhouse and a fan base

ivotuk

Reaction score
Oops...here's the rest of the post:

The Winners and Losers of the 2022 MLB Trade Deadline

He (Castillo) takes the pressure off Robbie Ray. [I think this is legit. Robbie Ray will do better from here on out.]

Jerry Dipoto shouldn’t be afraid of paying a premium to end a 21-year playoff drought. The last time the Mariners clinched a playoff berth was Ichiro’s rookie year. It was before 9/11. That’s a long time. Get to October and nothing else matters.