Mariners 2019 season

sutz

Reaction score
Uncle Si":mqznkunx said:
Sports Hernia":mqznkunx said:
Uncle Si":mqznkunx said:
Probably Braden Bishop time... especially if Smith isnt hitting
Smith can’t hit and field. Bishop up would be the common sense solution but if they do so they have to eat Smith’s salary (just under 600k). M’s ownership/management doesn’t like to do that this early is the season.

Move was made this afternoon.

Smith is still a player in AAA, unless he chooses not to travel. "As far as mechanics of the roster, if Mallex stays in Tacoma for 19 days or less, he won’t burn an option year, but that, while useful to note, is not terribly important to a player of this type." (LL)

Bishop may not be a better hitter but is an elite fielder
Found a Link for that. Mariners have a history of bringing guys up too fast. I hope this is not the case here. You could make an argument that Bishop can't be worse than Smith has been lately.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Thank goodness they sent down Smith. 0 for his last 24 and he had about as bad of an April as you could have. Hopefully Bishop can hit at least .250. Really curious to see how he does.

sutz

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":25fsuxx2 said:
Thank goodness they sent down Smith. 0 for his last 24 and he had about as bad of an April as you could have. Hopefully Bishop can hit at least .250. Really curious to see how he does.
He had a good spring and went to Japan with the team. Kid has a lot of promise.

sutz

Reaction score
And Bishop is starting tonite in center. :2thumbs:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
sutz":2mdtmay1 said:
Uncle Si":2mdtmay1 said:
Sports Hernia":2mdtmay1 said:
Uncle Si":2mdtmay1 said:
Smith can’t hit and field. Bishop up would be the common sense solution but if they do so they have to eat Smith’s salary (just under 600k). M’s ownership/management doesn’t like to do that this early is the season.

Smith is still a player in AAA, unless he chooses not to travel. "As far as mechanics of the roster, if Mallex stays in Tacoma for 19 days or less, he won’t burn an option year, but that, while useful to note, is not terribly important to a player of this type." (LL)

Found a Link for that. Mariners have a history of bringing guys up too fast. I hope this is not the case here. You could make an argument that Bishop can't be worse than Smith has been lately.

Its not a permanent move. Smith will be back in 3 weeks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1l5n1d77 said:
Sports Hernia":1l5n1d77 said:
Uncle Si":1l5n1d77 said:

Yeah saw that, it’s the right move.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Felix gets the lead......aaaaannnnndddd then quickly gives it up by throwing batting practice fastballs. :x

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nothing more infuriating than the Ms insistence on swinging away after a leadoff double... especially down a run.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
And shitty cishek comes in and gets the save. Unreal. Play that differently with a bunt and im probably happy right now

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":1fmwj0cj said:
And shitty cishek comes in and gets the save. Unreal. Play that differently with a bunt and im probably happy right now
He was shitty for Seattle..
For the Cubs he has been pretty damn good..I don't get it
but that is baseball I guess.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
IndyHawk":v1ugpdmf said:
Seahaaaawks":v1ugpdmf said:
He was shitty for Seattle..
For the Cubs he has been pretty damn good..I don't get it
but that is baseball I guess.
I never thought Cishek was as bad as some others did. He had a couple of rough blown saves, like the walk off run on a wild pitch, the walk off bases loaded walk, and the Prince Fielder walk off home run in Texas on an 0-2 pitch. In the grand scheme of things, there have been a lot worse relievers during the Servais era than Cishek.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Cubs up 5-0 already in the 2nd. Santana charged with another error. Between him and Beckham, they're on pace to shatter the league record for most errors by an entire team in a season into a million pieces. As nice as Santana's hot start was at the plate, his defense is alarmingly bad. I already miss the days of Gamel, Heredia, and Martin patrolling the outfield. Hell, even Jarrod Dyson.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Yeah i hear ya. 8-0 in the 4th and i had to change the channel. Was hoping they’d redeem themselves today. Boy was that a false hope :pukeface:

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":3jzulh2j said:
Yeah i hear ya. 8-0 in the 4th and i had to change the channel. Was hoping they’d redeem themselves today. Boy was that a false hope :pukeface:
Ha, yeah no kidding. The hot start was all a mirage. It suckered me into believing this team was worth a damn this year.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Of course they weren't going to keep up that ridiculous start. They are 5-12 since the fast start, and that's probably the team we will see. Most likely it will get even worst once we ship out Bruce and Encarnacion. The goal was never to win this season, it is to compete in a season or two.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":11qur9k2 said:
Of course they weren't going to keep up that ridiculous start. They are 5-12 since the fast start, and that's probably the team we will see. Most likely it will get even worst once we ship out Bruce and Encarnacion. The goal was never to win this season, it is to compete in a season or two.

True dat. Was a fun ride for the first 20 games or so. Is it football season yet? :mrgreen:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
The team has lost 13 out of the last 18, are 0-10 against teams over .500 and are only 7-11 at home. Going to be a long summer.

And for the life of me, why do Mariner teams continually suck at home? Year after year seemingly.

Latest posts