Votes: 11 12.2%
  • I think he will do ok

Votes: 28 31.1%
  • Scares the heck out of me

Votes: 51 56.7%

• Total voters

Axx

Reaction score
how scary is this match up for you? This one and Chancellor vs Tony Gonzales are the main match ups that i will be paying close attention to.
This is how I imagine the game going, We stuff the run easy on 1st down, 2nd down Sherman or Browner get the deflection or give a short gain to Atlanta, 3rd and Long Trufant gets burned on a simple slant route for a easy 1st down.

I would rather see the much faster Jeremy Lane in the game who has proven that he can do decent job against #2 receivers.

j hawk

Reaction score
This has been covered alot but Tru is our weakest slotcover guy. I can only go by what my eyes are telling me. I was hoping Lane could step in,just anyone. Too bad Lane couldnt start on corner and put Browner on the slot. After Browner terminates the slot guy in the first 5 yards there would no longer be a slot receiver :lol:

Blazenhawks

Reaction score
Off all the match ups this one scares me because Harry is playing really well this year and Tru as lost a big step this year I want to see Lane on him he is quicker and covers just a little bit better

Falcan Moore

Reaction score
I can't help but really like Harry Douglas on Trufant...the biggest plus for you guys is that Douglas is a poor route runner. But he's fast and has good hands, so if Trufant struggles in that facet, he'll get destroyed.

Torris

Reaction score
I hope we go into the No Huddle when Trufant is on the field. It'll be easy pickings.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Falcan Moore":1x4chp4l said:
I can't help but really like Harry Douglas on Trufant...the biggest plus for you guys is that Douglas is a poor route runner. But he's fast and has good hands, so if Trufant struggles in that facet, he'll get destroyed.

Trufant has struggled more with the shiftier, quick, precise route runner WR's, not the straight speed WR's. If Douglas runs sloppy routes I see that as an advantage for Trufant.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Torris":2v15csqi said:
I hope we go into the No Huddle when Trufant is on the field. It'll be easy pickings.

As much as I love Trufant for what he has done for the organization he still scares me as the nickle CB covering the slot WR. In this case, I believe you are grossly over exaggerating. If you had a WR that was more in the mold of Bess/Welker/Steve Johnson I would be more concerned because those shifty guys that run precise routes eat Trufant alive. According to your fellow falcon poster in this thread Douglas is a sloppy route runner which favors Trufant and his veteran savvy.

Largent80

Reaction score
It appears to be a +1 match up favoring Atlanta. However, the game needs to be played and stuff happens if ya know what I mean.

hawker84

Reaction score
i love how ATL fans think they're recievers are going to destroy our defensive backs.. Like we haven't gone up against top elite recievers this year.. and to my knowledge not one of those groups has Owned them, not one.. Dez Bryant, Larry Fitz, Megatron, Garcon and Moss, Randy Moss, Crabtree, Whitten, V Davis, Gronk and Hernandez from NE, i could go on ..... but yet all of a sudden the Mighty Falcons recieving core is head and shoulders better than any of them....

They are good, no doubt, they will make plays, no doubt, but own them, will never happen.... i appreciate your love for your team and players , but let's not get crazy..

lukerguy

Reaction score
I'm more concerned about when they line Roddy white up in the slot.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
If you can honestly say you like Browner being matched up on Julio Jones then you need to watch a lot more tape on Browner. Julio is much bigger than most recievers that Browner has gone up against and way more athletic as well. If Browner does not win at the LOS with his jam it will turn into a big play for Atl. So i would definitely say +1 to Falcons on Browner vs Jones, +1 on Douglas vs Trufant, and +1 on Gonzales vs Chancellor. This is probably the scariest offense to play against besides the Pats and I would say has more explosive playmakers at every position on O.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Tru won't be matched on Harry Douglas for the entire game, heck Tru won't play the entire game. Lane is going to get his.

Bipolar

Reaction score
Douglas will torch him, holding everything else constant.

that said, I am not exactly confident in Browner's ability to handle Julio Jones or Roddy White 1 on 1 either.

Atlanta recieving corps look pretty damn good on paper.

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
hawker84":1poufzx0 said:
i love how ATL fans think they're recievers are going to destroy our defensive backs.. Like we haven't gone up against top elite recievers this year.. and to my knowledge not one of those groups has Owned them, not one.. Dez Bryant, Larry Fitz, Megatron, Garcon and Moss, Randy Moss, Crabtree, Whitten, V Davis, Gronk and Hernandez from NE, i could go on ..... but yet all of a sudden the Mighty Falcons recieving core is head and shoulders better than any of them....

They are good, no doubt, they will make plays, no doubt, but own them, will never happen.... i appreciate your love for your team and players , but let's not get crazy..
Brandon Marshall and Stevie Johnson owned you, everyone else not so much.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Team is 12-5 with a 6 game winning streak and only one loss in the last half of the season, yet people will always find something to bitch about around here. Trufant has had two straight solid games since coming back from his injury. People who "see" otherwise, I have no idea what in the hell they are looking at. Amendola for the Rams was limited to 27 yards in week 17 with a TD defensed by Trufant, and Moss for the Redskins only got 19 yards the entire game. These are two highly touted slot receivers and Trufant played well against them both.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":2npb2mhm said:
hawker84":2npb2mhm said:

And we beat both the Bears and Bills, despite this "owning". The accurate way to say it is Marshall and Johnson were the entirety of the receiving threats for their team, who else were they going to throw to? And both have big games against every defense in the league.

So there's your proof - even when WRs have big games, we still win.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":3thcuj46 said:
hawker84":3thcuj46 said:

Someone is only looking at stat sheets...

Marshall had a good game, I'll give you that, but Stevie? Haha, the Hawks played the most soft coverage they've played. Besides, guess what the outcome was of those two games? Oh ya, the Hawks won both

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
Doesn't matter whether the Hawks won or not. The subject was matter was limiting or shutting down opposing WR's and TE's. Which you didn't do to Marshall or Johnson.