MALIK WILLIS

SEAHAWK_AL72

Reaction score
Malik Willis has mad running skills to wear down D-lines .He would be a work in progress in passing.Wilson got better at passing but was better when he ran the D-lines tired.Willis would be fun to watch.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
SEAHAWK_AL72":3l0sl8v0 said:
Malik Willis has mad running skills to wear down D-lines .He would be a work in progress in passing.Wilson got better at passing but was better when he ran the D-lines tired.Willis would be fun to watch.

Hey, Al Woods! Glad to have you back on a new contract.

John63

Reaction score
I see potential in Malik but it will be a few years before he reaches it. As a Runner, he is ready as a thrower needs work.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I'm worried due to his level of play against top-level college talent. There were plenty of games against the NCAA's top 50 defenses and he did not do very well in those games.

Rat

Reaction score
There are definitely some tools there. We'd have to pull the trigger in the first though.

This QB class really isn't THAT bad, despite the lack of top-end prospects. I'm warming up a lot to Sam Howell, and I think Bailey Zappe is going to be an absolute steal for somebody.

Elemas

Reaction score
sdog1981":d2bbg29u said:
I'm worried due to his level of play against top-level college talent. There were plenty of games against the NCAA's top 50 defenses and he did not do very well in those games.

My biggest concern as well. There’s plenty of NFL talent at lower tiered schools but, the risk is definitely increased.

James in PA

Reaction score
I keep looking at the rookie QB's and I keep changing my mind on who I want the Hawks to take. Willis, Pickett and Corral all look pretty damn good to me. Ridder, Strong and Howell all look good too, maybe just a notch below. I hope we don't draft a QB in the first or 2nd IF we are not in love with the guy. Too many other needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Willis works best for how Carroll wants to play.

The problem is that 'how Carroll wants to play' ends up with us needing a come from behind drive in the 4th. And Willis won't be able to do that yet. Maybe for a few years.

He is great at the 'duck and chuck' offense we love to run with the pass. And he is good on the sideline patterns, as well as running from pressure as our OLine falters.

But you are essentially trying to win with a less polished, less effective version of Wilson then. Carroll struggled to do that even with Prime Wilson, how is he going to do that with Green Willis?

Malik is worth a roll of the die. He has a huge upside. He not only might be good in a few years, but he might even be great later.

Will Pete even still be alive by then though?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Watching his highlights he looks like a Great Value Brand Lamar Jackson. Rarely looks to throw after he tucks it down to run. Takes unnecessary hits. Average arm, average accuracy.

Surely we can do better.

I say we roll with Lock this year, see what the kid has. If he sucks, then we draft a QB in 2023 draft. Use this draft to build the rest of the team like we did in 2010-2012

James in PA

Reaction score
I've heard people comparing Willis to Jalen Hurts. That doesn't get me too excited. Pickett sounds like he is the most NFL-ready. Joe Burrow comparisons. I'll take that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwHawk

Reaction score
Let’s keep inflating the QBs and see if a future star drops to us at #9.

Latest posts