Lockette Ejection

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Was I alone in wondering aloud why Ricardo Lockette was booted for just a single swing at a guy? Haven't re-watched it yet but I thought that was just a bit of BS. Looked like the dude put him down out of bounds and he repsonded with a jab and was instantly tossed.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":310ozlwo said:
Was I alone in wondering aloud why Ricardo Lockette was booted for just a single swing at a guy? Haven't re-watched it yet but I thought that was just a bit of BS. Looked like the dude put him down out of bounds and he repsonded with a jab and was instantly tossed.

unfortunately it's always the guy retaliating that gets the call. I think these types of penalties should be reviewed to see what really happened.

OP
OP
Evil_Shenanigans

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
My point is they typically just call it unsportsmanlike or? And give your team a 15 yarder. But to just boot him like that was perplexing.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Blow to the head is supposed to be automatic ejection. Hasn't been called that way consistently, but since it was against a Seahawk it was pretty much guarantied.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
From what I've seen over the years a swing with your fist, closed hand, is an automatic ejection. He definitely overreacted

seedhawk

Reaction score
Too bad for Lockette that the linesman didn't blow the play dead like he should have when the Chief stepped out 40 some yards and several seconds before the dust up. Entire situation could have been avoided.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":46saif8g said:
Evil_Shenanigans":46saif8g said:

unfortunately it's always the guy retaliating that gets the call. I think these types of penalties should be reviewed to see what really happened.
I agree with this. It's always the second guy. However, Lockette needs to control himself. Throwing a punch, he got what he deserved

StoneCold

Reaction score
If you watch the entire sequence I think it's asking a lot of a young man to get into a super aggressive mode, get knocked down several times, get back, keep chasing and fighting and finally after making the tackle, as he's getting up, someone from the other team shoves him. Yeah, just turn off all that aggression. I understand it would have been the mature thing to do, but adrenaline was pumping and someone just hit him after the play was over. I wish he would have knocked the snot out of that guy. If your going to get ejected may as well get your moneys worth.

SC

olyfan63

Reaction score
Lockette has to be smarter about that stuff. And practice retaliating with something other than a punch to the head at a helmet, so as not to be ejected. Like a bare fist to a hard helmet will accomplish anything? Learn to be sneaky and underhanded, or at least wait until the next play opportunity to get your licks in. Get your whacks in without being flagged.

Just dumb all the way around.

NoTurnUnstoned

Reaction score
The ejection was just and deserved and Lockette definitely overreacted.

But that said, on the replay, you can clearly see the other guy come running into the frame with intent like he decided 50 yards back that he was going to do something to him, bend down towards Lockette while he was still on the ground, say something to him as he's getting up and then shoving him. Lockette reacted with the punch instantly.

My guess is whatever the other guy said is what pushed Lockette over the edge and illicited the punch. Lockette definitely got baited. I am always torn between accepting that mind games like that are part of the game within the game, and wishing guys just played with respect at all times.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Looks like an open hand shove/punch to the facemask. Glad the dummy didn't break anything.

InsistentFastBarbet.gif

HawkWow

Reaction score
Lockette is and was an idiot on too many levels to even think about defending him. 1) You don't throw a punch in a game and expect to stay in the game. 2) When your hands are your source of income and you're struggling as it is, you don't swing a closed fist at a helmet. I am a boxer and through too many baseball, basketball and football games to count, I threw ONE punch outside of the ring and that was in retaliation for a punch thrown at me.

LOL..my grandparents flew 4 hrs to watch that game and I was ejected before breaking a sweat. ; ) But never again.

NoTurnUnstoned

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3pmn14i8 said:
Looks like an open hand shove/punch to the facemask. Glad the dummy didn't break anything.

InsistentFastBarbet.gif
Looks like the opposite to me. Closed fist that opened up right after making contact. Stupid stuff by Lockette on all levels, regardless. I bet his right hand still doesn't feel very good.

Latest posts