Lock > Geno

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Geno would've taken 4 bad sacks throughout the game, and then turfed it on the final down on the final drive.
Yeah, because he’s been so bad on final drives
Lock's misfires are due to a lack of chemistry with the 1's. If he gets to play more those will go away.
No, he’s just inaccurate. He’s got an absolute cannon and the reason he’s in the nfl. But consistency and accuracy just aren’t given improvements. In fact, they are probably not going to improve.

Rhythm and timing can be improved with reps.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Geno scored 35 against a top 5 defense last time he played. Lock was good tonight and I'm super happy for him but the Geno hate is a bit unrealsitic.
In a dome. All of Geno's best games have come in a dome.

2 lions games.
1 Saints game.
1 cowboys game.

Those are the 4 best games of his Seahawks career. All in a dome. The Seahawks don't play in a dome.

renofox

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out WTAF is going on right now in these threads. I was trying to be happy for Drew only to check reaction online and people are legit saying Drew deserves to start because of one good drive that he wasn't that good on?

Do people here really hate Geno this much that a middling performance against one of the worst pass defenses in the league = starter after Geno lit up Dallas for 30+ points?
If a game-winning 10 play 92 yard drive in 1:24 isn't that good, wouldn't it be nice to see what he could do with 1.5 years of 1st team reps? Geno has had that and he sure as crap isn't shining.

The throws to DK and JSN could not have been more perfect. Even with the handicap of SW's clock-burning over-the-middle short passes, Lock got the job done. And he did it without even one full day of 1st team reps.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Yeah, because he’s been so bad on final drives

No, he’s just inaccurate. He’s got an absolute cannon and the reason he’s in the nfl. But consistency and accuracy just aren’t given improvements. In fact, they are probably not going to improve.

Rhythm and timing can be improved with reps.
Hahahahaha.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Yep I fully agree. For some reason this place really really hates Geno and want him to fail no matter what. It's a little strange and I'm not exactly sure why but they will do anything to justify putting Lock over him
Well it also feels like many on here want Loxk to fail and hates him too. Lock has played decently in his two starts. I think he has more upside and KJ instantly shaking his head when asked if Geno is a leader scares me. I get the argument for Geno and he may be better. Entirely possible. But I don’t think the gap is wide and it’s possible lock is the better choice

renofox

Reaction score
Yep I fully agree. For some reason this place really really hates Geno and want him to fail no matter what. It's a little strange and I'm not exactly sure why but they will do anything to justify putting Lock over him
I don't hate Geno. I just don't want his overpaid contract next year because this team will go nowhere with him under center. Bench him now so he isn't "injured" into a guaranteed contract.

Let's see what Lock can do with 1st team reps - we may end up with a cheap starter next year and a drafted rookie to compete.

That is a way forward with actual potential.

Geno is not.

Welshers2

Reaction score
Well it also feels like many on here want Loxk to fail and hates him too. Lock has played decently in his two starts. I think he has more upside and KJ instantly shaking his head when asked if Geno is a leader scares me. I get the argument for Geno and he may be better. Entirely possible. But I don’t think the gap is wide and it’s possible lock is the better choice
Totally fair and I can definitely see that argument. I really like Lock and would never want him to fail. His emotion and post game interview today were amazing. With that said, in my opinion, Geno is the better QB and gives the team a better chance to win. But I can see why people would be high on Lock, like I said I just think the Geno hate is a bit much.

Welshers2

Reaction score
I don't hate Geno. I just don't want his overpaid contract next year because this team will go nowhere with him under center. Bench him now so he isn't "injured" into a guaranteed contract.

Let's see what Lock can do with 1st team reps - we may end up with a cheap starter next year and a drafted rookie to compete.

That is a way forward with actual potential.

Geno is not.
I can totally get this argument and I think it has merit. I can't see PC doing this though, he seems very set on Geno to me.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Totally fair and I can definitely see that argument. I really like Lock and would never want him to fail. His emotion and post game interview today were amazing. With that said, in my opinion, Geno is the better QB and gives the team a better chance to win. But I can see why people would be high on Lock, like I said I just think the Geno hate is a bit much.
And that’s a completely reasonable take and may very well be true.

renofox

Reaction score
I can totally get this argument and I think it has merit. I can't see PC doing this though, he seems very set on Geno to me.
Agree that PC won't do it. PC has been making A LOT of horrible decisions over the past years. And he does have his Golden Boys - he left "Always Compete" behind long ago regarding who plays and who sits.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Always compete but Genos last game Geno threw for over 300 yards and 3 TDs

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
To win what exactly?

Winning with Geno is a vote to be stuck in mediocrity, with no upside.

Drew Lock is win-win-win.

He either crashes and burns, and gets this thing turned over.

Or he develops and miraculously becomes the guy.

Or he is Mid like Geno, but at a much lower cost.

Either way those are all good outcomes.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
To win what exactly?

Winning with Geno is a vote to be stuck in mediocrity, with no upside.

Drew Lock is win-win-win.

He either crashes and burns, and gets this thing turned over.

Or he develops and miraculously becomes the guy.

Or he is Mid like Geno, but at a much lower cost.

Either way those are all good outcomes.
Or he’s trash, we turn it over and suck for the next 20 years.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I still think they both should play. Geno throws as pretty a long ball as any QB in the league. But he struggles at the short game.
Lock's start a game ago was his first in over 2 years. That is significant. Yet he has come in and played quite well vs two of the best teams in the league this year and comes away with a win in one of those.
I think if Lock plays for us in the Cinci come we come out with the W. His skills are more tuned to succeed in the red zone than Geno's.
Until we get THE GUY, play em both when the situation fits their skillset. Be fair to both guys.

Threedee

Reaction score
Lock is good for a couple of really great throws per game. Beyond that, there's not much to praise him for. The real question is, which QB can get into a better rhythm with the receivers? Geno has really struggled in that department.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
People are interpreting this with such wild variance that you'd think the game is a ******* Rorschach test rather than a tangible thing that we all watch weekly.

Predictably, some want to contribute to discussion and others want to peacock about how much more #truth they are before refusing to engage with actual points against their arguments. Kudos to those that actually want a nuanced discourse.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Geno scored 35 against a top 5 defense last time he played. Lock was good tonight and I'm super happy for him but the Geno hate is a bit unrealsitic.
I really don't see hate for him.i certainly don't.

The question is he a guy that can take a team far on HIS talent alone ?

I think the answer is no. He has many more weapons than most QBs and he's actually struggled at times , going all the way back from last season. Hey , if Petey goes with Geno ,oh well but I think Lock could have a similar if not better career.